Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 08-14-2019, 12:15 AM   #111
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
NICE, looking forward to your review. i was tempted to get superman and batman myself but conceded to space issues... kudos for taking the bull by the horns
Thanks. I ordered Batman on Friday. I was going to wait longer, but the EX went to “low stock remaining”. Now I’m just waiting for him to ship.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 08:32 PM   #112
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Thanks. I ordered Batman on Friday. I was going to wait longer, but the EX went to “low stock remaining”. Now I’m just waiting for him to ship.
Man, I wonder if I should bite the bullet and order Batman. I was going to try and wait and see how Cavill Superman turned out but now I think I should just order it. $178 shipping though sort of stinks.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 09:35 PM   #113
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
Man, I wonder if I should bite the bullet and order Batman. I was going to try and wait and see how Cavill Superman turned out but now I think I should just order it. $178 shipping though sort of stinks.
Yeah, it was the same cost for me, and no economy option. I’ve been going back and forth about picking him up for months, but seeing him in San Diego cinched the deal.
Old 08-15-2019, 05:29 PM   #114
Cmac
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Yeah, it was the same cost for me, and no economy option. I’ve been going back and forth about picking him up for months, but seeing him in San Diego cinched the deal.
I had to return the exclusive to Sideshow as there was some really sloppy coating on mine (odd for Prime 1). It literally looked like too much had been applied and the factory tried to use a brush to even it out but couldn't. Also, there was a big chip right on the front collar of the cape.

Anyway, I just went to Prime 1's page to pick it up and the standard shipping is $497 to the east coast!!!

I picked up the Dark Knight Returns from them and its shipping was $232. The shipping on the Joker and Damned was the same. I know it is heavy, but I can't justify that price in shipping. It's just way too much.
Cmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 01:25 AM   #115
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmac View Post
I had to return the exclusive to Sideshow as there was some really sloppy coating on mine (odd for Prime 1). It literally looked like too much had been applied and the factory tried to use a brush to even it out but couldn't. Also, there was a big chip right on the front collar of the cape.

Anyway, I just went to Prime 1's page to pick it up and the standard shipping is $497 to the east coast!!!

I picked up the Dark Knight Returns from them and its shipping was $232. The shipping on the Joker and Damned was the same. I know it is heavy, but I can't justify that price in shipping. It's just way too much.

Wow. That is a lot. All of a sudden, the $178 to Ohio doesn't look too bad.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 10:18 AM   #116
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Last flex pay delayed until October 5th. Are they just sitting in boxes somewhere? The pic of the head sculpts being done was from May.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 11:16 AM   #117
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

I have this and Ultimate WW on pre-order. I was thinking of getting Ben Affleck Batman to round out the Trinity but the shipping to the east coast stopped me dead in my tracks. I'm actually thinking about cancelling the WW. My thinking is there will be another opportunity to to get her being she is getting another movie. But with statue prices going through the roof I might bite the bullet.
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 11:25 AM   #118
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalzodlives View Post
Last flex pay delayed until October 5th. Are they just sitting in boxes somewhere? The pic of the head sculpts being done was from May.
I'm wondering the same thing.
Old 08-30-2019, 11:26 AM   #119
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

By the time this is released they'll have rebooted the Superman franchise.
Mepaphoros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 07:19 AM   #120
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

This piece hopefully shouldn’t be too much longer.

But I’m thinking the next piece in the line will be Aquaman, as Sideshow ‘already’ has the shipping estimate available for it, while for Superman it’s still blank.

For me it’s approximately $213 USD to Australia.
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote