Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Community Corner

Old 09-23-2014, 05:55 PM   #11
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
Cheers mate. His visa allows him to move around apart from Quebec. I think you have to speak French to get a job there. Will see how he gets on in Edmonton first.

Oy vey... Don't get me started on Quebec. Unless he is quite fluent in French, it would be very hard to find employment here. It isn't the friendliest place in Canada, that's for sure.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 07:42 PM   #12
JohnMatrix
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Cool I'll mention this to him.
I think Calgary has lots of opportunities there, Robert. I think it is warmer than Edmonton too. Jobs over there pay very well and taxes are lower than other provinces. your bro made a right choice if he is an engineer! lots of hirings there to pay big bucks. Houses are relatively much cheaper than many other provinces. he can easily save up the money and get a nice house there. down side is the weather is bad. snow storm and hot summer.
JohnMatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 12:41 PM   #13
Y3E
Gen 13

I agree with Calgary. I know many people from Ontario who have moved to Calgary and found high paying jobs. Freaking cold there though Winters are brutally cold and long (not as bad as Sask and Manitoba though). Less taxes though
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 03:25 PM   #14
tuyethuy
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Hey guys my brother is immigrating to Edmonton on Friday. He is a Mechanical/Manufacturing Engineer. He has accommodation lined up and is on a two year visa to see if he can make a go of it over there. He is looking for work in his field of expertise. If any of you know any company in that field hiring you might give me a PM.

I am from Calgary, 3 hours away from Edmonton. These two are the biggest cities are in the province of Alberta. Oil/gas makes up 80% the Alberta economy. There are lots of opportunities here in Calgary/Edmonton espcially in oil/gas industry.

It is good that is he is an engineer also a mechanical engineer which the oil/gas indurstry requires. There is a shortage of engineers in Alberta. I think he should not have any problem finding a job here if he is a professional engineer and has lots of experience. If he is on a work visa for a company in Edmonton it is best for him to stay there and finish off his contract or visa.
tuyethuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 04:20 PM   #15
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMatrix View Post
I think Calgary has lots of opportunities there, Robert. I think it is warmer than Edmonton too. Jobs over there pay very well and taxes are lower than other provinces. your bro made a right choice if he is an engineer! lots of hirings there to pay big bucks. Houses are relatively much cheaper than many other provinces. he can easily save up the money and get a nice house there. down side is the weather is bad. snow storm and hot summer.
You need to move there..
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 04:33 PM   #16
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Just got some good news that he has gotten a job with a heating company. The management see him having a good future with them. Thank god.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 06:24 PM   #17
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

I've always lived in Calgary, and there is no shortage of work here, if someone wants a job in Calgary they will find one. Although the winters are quite brutal so thats a definite negative
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 01:18 AM   #18
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Edmonton born and bred here!
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 02:16 PM   #19
Bmutha
I like to make what's yours mine.

Wow...I'm waaayyy late to this thread, but I'm from Edmonton. Cold winters as people have mentioned, but beautiful summer and fall. I'd take our summers over the constant clouds and rain in Vancouver any day of the week.

VS1976...Canada is a first world nation, and you can have a high quality lifestyle all across the country. Your narrow minded attitude makes it pretty easy to see why people from your area aren't all that well liked in other areas of the country. Keep your bad attitude on the west coast...fine by me.
Bmutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 02:26 PM   #20
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

My brother has settled in well in Edmonton. Has made lots of friends and is in full time employment. Just had a three week vacation in some of your national parks and drove to Montana as well. Hopefully I can visit him in the next year or so. Its a hell of a long flight with a number of stops along the way.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote