Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 03-04-2019, 11:15 PM   #4251
UnicornPegasus
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Hello Koto,

As I notice that some retailers like DCBS are no longer offering any discounts on Koto products, is this a Kotobukiya mandated change or are the retailers making that decision? The first items I noticed it on were the Scarlett and Catwoman V2 bishoujos, but I now see no discount on any Koto products this month.

Thanks!
UnicornPegasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 08:57 PM   #4252
Alter Ego
Fantastic Four

Welcome, Mr. Arigato. A lot of folks on the forum are looking for updates on the X-Men 92 line. Are you planning on expanding this line in the near future, and can you give us any hints on what you're planning next?

Thanks!
Alter Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 12:23 AM   #4253
NegativeZero
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Hello Mr. Arigato,

Do you think Koto Would be willing to help me with the following issue?
http://www.statueforum.com/showpost....&postcount=485
NegativeZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 10:42 AM   #4254
Bea625
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter Ego View Post
Welcome, Mr. Arigato. A lot of folks on the forum are looking for updates on the X-Men 92 line. Are you planning on expanding this line in the near future, and can you give us any hints on what you're planning next?

Thanks!

I second that. Would love to see a regular Jean Grey and villains. I am also interested to see what is next in the Star Wars line. A lot of people would like to see more prequel and original trilogy statues.
Bea625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 07:14 AM   #4255
Griffon
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Thumbs up

Hi! Welcome to the forum & thank you for addressing some of our concerns. Hoping to see new reveals for the ARTFX+ X-Men '92, BTAS, Star Wars & Marvel + DC comic lines soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotobukiya_EN View Post
Yes, definitely! I can’t provide any updates about Aquaman currently, but I will definitely pass along the interest. We are pretty much constantly getting requests for him on all of our platforms.
Griffon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 08:35 AM   #4256
Tushar
Hellboy

Is Kotobukiya planning to produce any statues from Alita: Battle Angel?
Tushar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 11:50 AM   #4257
cannonlocke
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Are all future bishoujos going to be priced at the $100 range?
cannonlocke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 01:12 PM   #4258
UnicornPegasus

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannonlocke View Post
Seconded as well. Is $115 going to be the new price point, or will they just continue to go up with each new figure as has been the trend?
Old 03-07-2019, 10:49 PM   #4259
Kotobukiya_EN
Koto CS
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnicornPegasus View Post
Hello Koto,

As I notice that some retailers like DCBS are no longer offering any discounts on Koto products, is this a Kotobukiya mandated change or are the retailers making that decision? The first items I noticed it on were the Scarlett and Catwoman V2 bishoujos, but I now see no discount on any Koto products this month.

Thanks!
Nope, this is definitely not a Kotobukiya mandated policy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter Ego View Post

Thanks!
No concrete details I can provide at this moment, it's definitely something we are considering after seeing all of the interest on here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegativeZero View Post
Hello Mr. Arigato,

Do you think Koto Would be willing to help me with the following issue?
http://www.statueforum.com/showpost....&postcount=485
Please send an email to support@kotobukiya.co.jp
(It's a Japanese address but we will have English speaking staff respond to the inquiry)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushar View Post
Is Kotobukiya planning to produce any statues from Alita: Battle Angel?
Not currently to my knowledge, but I will pass along the suggestion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannonlocke View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnicornPegasus View Post
Seconded as well. Is $115 going to be the new price point, or will they just continue to go up with each new figure as has been the trend?
Thank you for your comments. We definitely try to take our customers' opinions in mind when determining the prices for our statue. We try to do our best to provide the best quality product at the best possible price for everyone.

The BISHOUJO series has been around for almost ten years now, and we've seen a lot of changes in the industry over these ten years. Along with improvements in technology that have allowed us to make more detailed pieces, the costs involved with production have also increased, so it's a balancing act.

Scarlett in particular is a highly detailed piece with a lot of parts. That being said, not every statue we will release will be as elaborate or cost as much (we are trying to keep the MLP under $100, for example), so the range will vary.

Sorry it's not a very straightforward answer! TLDR; the prices will depend on the industry and market trends, but we always try to take the customers' opinions into consideration.

Official HP: http://en.kotobukiya.co.jp /
Facebook: https://www.facebook .com/kotobukiyaofficial/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/kotobukiya_en
My Figure Collection: https:// myfigurecollection.net/profile/Kotobukiya
Kotobukiya_EN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 11:44 PM   #4260
UnicornPegasus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotobukiya_EN View Post
Nope, this is definitely not a Kotobukiya mandated policy!

Thank you for your comments. We definitely try to take our customers' opinions in mind when determining the prices for our statue. We try to do our best to provide the best quality product at the best possible price for everyone.

The BISHOUJO series has been around for almost ten years now, and we've seen a lot of changes in the industry over these ten years. Along with improvements in technology that have allowed us to make more detailed pieces, the costs involved with production have also increased, so it's a balancing act.

Scarlett in particular is a highly detailed piece with a lot of parts. That being said, not every statue we will release will be as elaborate or cost as much (we are trying to keep the MLP under $100, for example), so the range will vary.

Sorry it's not a very straightforward answer! TLDR; the prices will depend on the industry and market trends, but we always try to take the customers' opinions into consideration.
Thank you so much for replying at all, let alone so quickly, that is very appreciated! Koto definitely has some of the best customer service, and relations, I've seen in a collectibles company.

(And if anyone cares, DCBSerivice.com's support staff told me they didn't get any discounts on Koto products this month for some reason, and stated they would be checking with Koto and Diamond to see where the issue lies, so I guess this points the finger Diamond's way ATM. My angry glares will be directed appropriately.)