Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-08-2012, 08:00 AM   #1
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Arrow The Official Sideshow QC complaints Thread.

Rather than having hundreds of threads about QC issues and general complaints about how Sideshow does its business I am sticking this thread so that people can voice their concerns. However, only post issues if you have had them and not what might or might not happen.

1. Post image of your piece and what damage or bad QC has occurred.
2. Post details (summarise no copying of emails) of correspondence with SS and how you have been dealt with.
3. Rate your satisfaction in how you have been dealt with and the outcome.

If someone posts one of these types of thread again they will be merged into this one but if they continue to post outside of this thread their posts will be deleted.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 10:08 AM   #2
StatueBandit
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

I truly hope that this new official thread based on Sideshows Quality Control gets the attention it deserves as it is crucial folks comment on the severity of whats going on over there at Sideshow.

Thanks to Bullseye for taking the time out to set it up the thread as its very much needed ... not to worry Bulls I am not offended lol

Its better to stand for something then stand for noting ... bring it guys its your hard earned money
StatueBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 10:09 PM   #3
IceWing
I used up all my sick days, so I'm calling in dead.

I ordered the Magik exclusive statue within the first minute of it coming up for order. Literally my all time favorite character that I never thought would get a bust, must less a FS from a major company. When the offered early shipping, I took them up on it.

I get the package and everything seems fine at first, and then I get to the normal head (which is the one I was going to display it with) and one of the strands of hair is broken off.

I call SS and the customer service guy is nice and helpful. Says they will get me a new head and send me instructions on how to send it back. At this point I'm happy. Then a day later I see the back of her legs and their is a hairline crack on both legs.

I immediatly call and let them know. The customer service guy says it's not a problem, just keep the exlusive head and sword and they will send me a instructions on how to send back the body and normal head and they will swap me out the replacement parts.

I don't hear from them for a few weeks. When I do it's to tell me that they can't piece together a whole statue for me with the parts they have, and they will give me a full refund or $80 to take back the broken one and free shipping on the one other item I have preordered. I tell them it will cost me at least $150 to get it repaired (and we all know it will cost more) and at this point I will have to pay close to $400 on the secondary market. I explain for the 5th time how excited I was by this piece and it's my favorite character and all that. I basically get a sorry, you're SOL, good luck getting screwed over on eBay. Oh, and they have sent me 4 or 5 emails telling me I have a shipment coming from them. It's an empty box coming from them to put the exclusive head and sword in so they can resell it as broken in a few months. They don't want me to be able to buy a regular version and have the exclusive head.

I gave them four or five options on what would make me happy as a customer and they didn't take me up on any of them. They said they are giving me a full refund and a $49.99 credit on my Dark X-Men dio to help with the cost of finding a replacement on eBay. So basically they aren't even giving me the free shipping anymore on that piece, I get a refund and what nets out to $15 to help with getting a piece that is being posted from $350 - $475.

Oh, and the kicker, I don't think the piece sold out until after I alerted them to mine being broken, so they had some whole ones on hand, but were going through the damaged ones to try and piece one together for me, instead of holding a complete one. I think mine was still being shipped to them, but they knew the extent of the problems as I had to send them pictures.
IceWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 07:53 AM   #4
StatueBandit
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceWing View Post
I ordered the Magik exclusive statue within the first minute of it coming up for order. Literally my all time favorite character that I never thought would get a bust, must less a FS from a major company. When the offered early shipping, I took them up on it.

I get the package and everything seems fine at first, and then I get to the normal head (which is the one I was going to display it with) and one of the strands of hair is broken off.

I call SS and the customer service guy is nice and helpful. Says they will get me a new head and send me instructions on how to send it back. At this point I'm happy. Then a day later I see the back of her legs and their is a hairline crack on both legs.

I immediatly call and let them know. The customer service guy says it's not a problem, just keep the exlusive head and sword and they will send me a instructions on how to send back the body and normal head and they will swap me out the replacement parts.

I don't hear from them for a few weeks. When I do it's to tell me that they can't piece together a whole statue for me with the parts they have, and they will give me a full refund or $80 to take back the broken one and free shipping on the one other item I have preordered. I tell them it will cost me at least $150 to get it repaired (and we all know it will cost more) and at this point I will have to pay close to $400 on the secondary market. I explain for the 5th time how excited I was by this piece and it's my favorite character and all that. I basically get a sorry, you're SOL, good luck getting screwed over on eBay. Oh, and they have sent me 4 or 5 emails telling me I have a shipment coming from them. It's an empty box coming from them to put the exclusive head and sword in so they can resell it as broken in a few months. They don't want me to be able to buy a regular version and have the exclusive head.

I gave them four or five options on what would make me happy as a customer and they didn't take me up on any of them. They said they are giving me a full refund and a $49.99 credit on my Dark X-Men dio to help with the cost of finding a replacement on eBay. So basically they aren't even giving me the free shipping anymore on that piece, I get a refund and what nets out to $15 to help with getting a piece that is being posted from $350 - $475.

Oh, and the kicker, I don't think the piece sold out until after I alerted them to mine being broken, so they had some whole ones on hand, but were going through the damaged ones to try and piece one together for me, instead of holding a complete one. I think mine was still being shipped to them, but they knew the extent of the problems as I had to send them pictures.
This is a horrific experience know one should have to go through especially for what these things cost ... they are not action figures at Toys R Us.

My best advice to you is on future orders especially if the piece has this many screw ups is return it for a full refund no questions ask. The more returns they get the more it hurts them in the long run sooner or later their going to have to face and answer the problem ... or else
StatueBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 08:59 AM   #5
Baelsan
Doh!

well I ordered the Movie Captain America Ex last year and after a split shipment I was totaly happy after I got my tracking number..
I get the package and I first noticed a different shipper, I got the shipper from a regular statue.. and with a handwritten "exclusive"

and then I opened it..

broken body

damaged reg head

overpainted scratches on the shield..

As an international buyer I filled out the return/replacement form online. Six days later still no answer, I contacted them again.
Just to get the following answer:

No replacement for me, just the following options
1. I reglue the body.. and I get a $40 credit
2. send it back to SSC and I get my money back

I complained again, that I can't just glue the body.. and again I didn't get an answer. So I contacted three more people at SSC that the lady who tried to "help" me ..wasn't very helpful and that I want a full replacement for all the damaged parts or a full refund plus an extra credit for the taxes I had to pay.

..and then, just minutes later I get a new mail (that lady again ) telling me that they can offer me a body and head replacement but I won't get a replacement for the shield, because the damage is intended and "it should look battle damaged".

Well the service was really bad.
..no replacement offering at the beginning.

We never had problems like this before, we ordered She-Hulk Ex and she had some hair issues -> we got a head replacement
BtVS Willow, paint issues on the leg, we got a full body replacement.
So I hope that won't happen again with other statues
Baelsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 09:02 AM   #6
Awesome
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Wow that is ridiculous.
Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 01:49 PM   #7
Raas Kaaz
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

here is my complain for SSC:

your price increase is a slap in every customers face. I understand inflate rate etc... I also understand that SSC takes advantage of having almos none competition (Shame on you GG, Attakus...time to keep it up!!!) ....

..but pushing now PF from last year $280 - this year $400 is just insane..
Raas Kaaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 01:55 PM   #8
Awesome
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Sideshow has a monopoly on 1/4 statues right now, they need a rival company to get everything into order, once that happens then the market will be alright.
Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 02:05 PM   #9
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Guys what has this got to do with QC? If you want to complain about pricing contact SS directly or simply don't buy.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 02:09 PM   #10
Raas Kaaz
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
Guys what has this got to do with QC? If you want to complain about pricing contact SS directly or simply don't buy.
u right.. was just so mad and had to let it out somewhere

please delete
Raas Kaaz is offline   Reply With Quote