Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 06-10-2016, 09:46 AM   #11
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
Thanks guys! I gotta say, its actually pretty exciting finally winning something. I have been entering Sideshow's giveaway's for as long as they have been having them and I have never won squat. I played the lotto religiously for years and never won squat. My wife plays Keno at the bar sometimes and I swear it always seems like she wins. Its like $50 there, $100 there, etc. I never win. So it definitely feels nice to finally win something myself.

I actually went down and picked up the money right away since the lottery office is only like 25 minutes away from me. Thankfully, anything below $5000 and they don't take out any taxes on the spot. So I got the full $2708. As for taxes, I was told its 30% federal and 4.5% for the state of Michigan. I had to fill out a lottery form and they give you a form for your taxes. Thankfully, I have one of the best jobs in the world for writing things off so when all is said and done, I will be paying very little if anything in taxes. The government screws me on a daily basis. Its nice to turn that around from time to time!

Just in time for the SDCC!!
If I recall, I read you stated you only have to work 6 months out of the year. Paying very little in taxes and the government screws you?
Old 06-10-2016, 08:54 PM   #12
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
If I recall, I read you stated you only have to work 6 months out of the year. Paying very little in taxes and the government screws you?
Yeah, I work around 5-6 months out of the year, basically May to September/October. Its usually closer to 5, but I have been shooting later into the year the last couple of years. That being said, I am not sure where your getting the "paying very little in taxes" part as I definitely pay my share of taxes. I am right around the 40% bracket once you factor in Michigan business taxes. Even with all of the write off's, I still paid roughly $43,000 last year in taxes.

When I said I would pay very little taxes, I meant on the money I just won, not in general.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote