Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 06-28-2016, 03:23 PM   #11
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeGiant View Post
I would reply to his email very promptly and put very clear expectations upon him. Don’t sit back and hope he replies soon. You need to get in the driver’s seat on this refund.
+ 100
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 11:14 AM   #12
Hanky Panky
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jez View Post
I paid him through Paypal for a service but as it was 2 years ago im not sure they can help at all.
Good luck with receiving your refund. If his record is any indication, it may be a lost cause.

On the bright side, look at your expense as a life lesson. Whenever you seek a commission, only pay a small down payment and hold off until work is fully completed, then pay the rest.
Hanky Panky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 09:06 PM   #13
Jez
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanky Panky View Post
Good luck with receiving your refund. If his record is any indication, it may be a lost cause.

On the bright side, look at your expense as a life lesson. Whenever you seek a commission, only pay a small down payment and hold off until work is fully completed, then pay the rest.
Had a reply today in regards to when i can expect the refund. Pretty much went like this.

"Not sure, as soon as i have something for you i will email you. Thanks !"

Funny, i didnt think this was how refunds worked. Where's Mike Sullivan when ya need him.
Jez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 09:04 PM   #14
Wombat
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I would pay a few bucks and have a lawyer draft a letter at this point. Maybe you can get lucky and get paid ahead of the other people he is ripping off.
Wombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 09:47 PM   #15
Jez
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wombat View Post
I would pay a few bucks and have a lawyer draft a letter at this point. Maybe you can get lucky and get paid ahead of the other people he is ripping off.
Ye I guess I may have to start thinking about it.
Old 06-30-2016, 10:17 PM   #16
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Had a reply today in regards to when i can expect the refund. Pretty much went like this.

"Not sure, as soon as i have something for you i will email you. Thanks !"

What a putz. No shame at all. I would e-mail him again and say that isn't acceptable, and that you want your cash now.

This is not going to be resolved by being quiet. He has now set the stage for everything that's coming to him. I strongly recommend calling him out in every fan forum you know at this point. Word needs to get around about what he's done. This has done wonders for fans who have been ripped off by artists. Sadly, that list of artists has grown so large over the years.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 12:05 AM   #17
Jez
Fantastic Four

I've given him a date as to when I expect some resolution. If nothing happens I'll start dropping his name and just explain what's happened. It's a shame, he's fairly high profile, seems like a genuinely nice guy, gives a lot back to artists all over the world. I can only assume he's got real money issues or he really isn't that nice.
Old 07-01-2016, 06:11 AM   #18
Collectorcol
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Don't know about this individual case but that's how con men work.
They build up trust over time them gather as much cash as possible before going rogue.
Collectorcol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 02:45 PM   #19
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Just an update. I did get a pretty rapid response after i sent the message requesting a refund. He has agreed but said he would need some time so as of yet haven't had anything back. Hopefully wont have to wait too long
Why would he need time to do a refund? If he is a respectable Hollywood sfx guy then clearly he has a pretty respectable pay level. It takes all of 30 seconds to log onto Paypal and send someone money. Seems sketchy all the way around. Sorry to hear you had such an experience, especially when you had been so patient for such an extended period of time. If he was someone with integrity, he would refund your money right away and ship out the piece to you in its current condition free of charge. Given how long you have waited, that would be the proper way of setting things right. Thats what I would do if I were in his position.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 09:43 AM   #20
Jez
Fantastic Four

It has now been 2 years and 3 months since i paid for the commission. I have never been anything but kind and considerate when speaking to the artist.

At the start of the month i sent this email

"If you can get anything to me by the end of the month that would be really helpful"

I heard nothing back, so i sent this email last night

"Hi,if possible I really do need the refund in the next few days. I am desperately trying to avoid further action and would really like to resolve this asap"

I believe i am still being reasonable as I have been waiting an awfully long time, he replied with this

"Hey

We jointly decided not to go any further on the project. I told you then, As now i have no job presently.
I asked for a refund after not hearing anything for 7 months after he ignored multiple emails and facebook messages

There is no deception on my part work is slow. I offered you a refund when i had the money, I don't have money now, Simply between jobs.

He has never offered me a refund when he had the money, the only time a refund was ever discussed was when i asked for one at the start of the month

If you want to rev yourself up...thinking i am trying to wrong you, Your doing that alone with out my participation...

His inaction and the length of time this has been going on is his participation.

Work with me.....we will get a refund, when i have a job and money.

If you want to send me sharp emails, well thats not my hope...

I would like us to be cool and resolve this calmly"

This is a guy who has these movies to his credit

Star Trek
Hellboy
Avengers
Batman Vs Superman
Into The Woods
Pirates Of the Caribbean
Underworld

the list in endless really, he has his own studio and goes around the world teaching and he cant afford to refund me until he gets another job ?

Am i in the wrong here ? because i feel like the bad guy ?