Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 06-02-2021, 09:37 PM   #161
Mr. Shoosh
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroyous View Post
I can get a Colossus at a comic shop near me for $800 then some tax so less than $1000 no shipper with it though. Don’t know if I should bite. Less than $900 I should say.
If it’s an XM, yes, jump on that for less than $900. Hell, jump on it for $1k. If you’re near NW Florida let me know and I’ll come get it myself.
Mr. Shoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 06:31 AM   #162
SkilledButton
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroyous View Post
I can get a Colossus at a comic shop near me for $800 then some tax so less than $1000 no shipper with it though. Don’t know if I should bite. Less than $900 I should say.
I've seen XM colossus go for $2000+shipping on the aftermarket.

I'd leap at it for that price... It's a phenomenal piece, one of my favorites in my collection. Don't think you'll be disappointed if it's one you've been eyeing.
SkilledButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 10:56 AM   #163
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
Yeah, they do. Individually I can nitpick but as a collection they do look good.

Mine will be mix matched, a combination of XM and SS.

Not sure if all of those pics were taken separately and then put together side by side. Or each piece placed side by side and then the pic was taken.

But I have to say ...that pic has some scaling issues. Cyclops look bigger than Gambit ...and taller than Beast. Wolverine looks bigger than he should be compared to Psylocke and Cyclops. And Beast has good thickness, but should be taller than Rogue. Right now if Beast were to stand straight, it seems he would be the same height as Rogue.

I want Beast for my collection, but now I'm worried about his scale.
AC_808 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 11:23 AM   #164
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
Not sure if all of those pics were taken separately and then put together side by side. Or each piece placed side by side and then the pic was taken.

But I have to say ...that pic has some scaling issues. Cyclops look bigger than Gambit ...and taller than Beast. Wolverine looks bigger than he should be compared to Psylocke and Cyclops. And Beast has good thickness, but should be taller than Rogue. Right now if Beast were to stand straight, it seems he would be the same height as Rogue.

They're all photoshopped together.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 12:24 PM   #165
SkilledButton
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post

I thought it was obvious but these are all photoshopped together just from stock images. I have both gambit and Scott, there's no scaling issues.
SkilledButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 12:32 PM   #166
Mr. Shoosh
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkilledButton View Post
I've seen XM colossus go for $2000+shipping on the aftermarket.

I'd leap at it for that price... It's a phenomenal piece, one of my favorites in my collection. Don't think you'll be disappointed if it's one you've been eyeing.
Correct, I paid about $1600 shipped to me in April. It’s only going up from there.
Mr. Shoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 02:41 PM   #167
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkilledButton View Post
I thought it was obvious but these are all photoshopped together just from stock images. I have both gambit and Scott, there's no scaling issues.

Like I said, I didn't know if the pics were put together or not. I wasn't going to speculate. It's only obvious if you have a few of these pieces. I only have Wolverine in that pic, so it's not obvious to me.

And so it's true, that pic has scaling issues. Not in the actual physical sense, but in the pictorial sense.

Either way, it's good to point it out. And then find out it's due to the photoshop.
AC_808 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 03:26 PM   #168
SONICobra
Batman

xm adressed the size concern on facebook, they showed an unposed model of beast with specs and it was correct. i myself had reservations but after seeing that and looking at the pose some more i feel better about it, both knees are bent and he is leaning forward. i think he should be fine
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 02:14 AM   #169
Kessiah
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I want to see that Beast statue next to other XM pieces to have a true opinion about the size. Maybe it will be shown in some stores soon.
Kessiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 03:59 PM   #170
Vpuik
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
Yeah, they do. Individually I can nitpick but as a collection they do look good.

Mine will be mix matched, a combination of XM and SS.
I was jus thinking the same when I saw the picture. Cyclops is the only one I'd get as an individual piece, but as a set they don't look half bad.
Vpuik is offline   Reply With Quote