Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Giclees/Lithos/Prints/Posters

Old 09-22-2014, 07:25 AM   #6041
FROBAY
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toaster View Post
I was either number 298 or 299 (my wife wrote our names down in the notebook they were passing around). I thought I had a chance when some folks left to go into the convention, but apparently the variant was 185 instead of 225.
I was 280 and knew I wouldn't get a BTTF So I said to hell with standing in line. I got most everything I wanted on Saturday. I'll go EBay later. I look for this one to come way down as I personally think the 1 & 2 look better. 2 being my fav poster of the series.

Last edited by FROBAY; 09-22-2014 at 07:28 AM.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 07:52 AM   #6042
bloodrain
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FROBAY View Post
I was 280 and knew I wouldn't get a BTTF So I said to hell with standing in line. I got most everything I wanted on Saturday. I'll go EBay later. I look for this one to come way down as I personally think the 1 & 2 look better. 2 being my fav poster of the series.
The online prices are absurd for bttf 3. The others started around 200 for variants when they came out now this one ranges from mid 300 to 400. The flippers are getting out of hand
bloodrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 07:57 AM   #6043
pavehawk78
Hellfire Club

Anyone have a good link for images from the show?
pavehawk78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 09:36 AM   #6044
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liad View Post
It's nice to see that people are as soulless as ever when it comes to Mondo prints. Helping all of us out that don't live in the US <3.
Its like organized crime.

At $400 a pop, its just easier and cheaper to get a few friends together and pay an artist to create an original design.

Oh wait....
candyrocket786 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 09:22 PM   #6045
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Cancelled Mondo posters:

http://www.slashfilm.com/mondo-poste...ever-happened/

I know most here don't like Craig Drake's stuff but his cancelled Prometheus would have been the best from Mondo. It's clever with the red detail and DNA. Also the stars in the background and titles. I would have picked this one up. It was cancelled because it was too much like Patrick Nagel's work. But that's Craig Drake's inspiration...I would still like to see Martin Ansin try again with the characters.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 09:13 PM   #6046
ReplicantSavior

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavehawk78 View Post
Anyone have a good link for images from the show?
Justin's twitter put up links with pics and articles.

Starting to feel hyped about the Batman show. There are hints about a Tyler Stout piece. Although that was hinted for Mondocon too. But it's a good time for Mondo to drop some good Batman stuff for the anniversary. Or hint at upcoming pieces for next year. I was listening to the SNES Batman animated OST. I hope Mondo releases some episode prints...
Old 09-28-2014, 04:02 PM   #6047
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplicantSavior View Post
Justin's twitter put up links with pics and articles.

Starting to feel hyped about the Batman show. There are hints about a Tyler Stout piece. Although that was hinted for Mondocon too. But it's a good time for Mondo to drop some good Batman stuff for the anniversary. Or hint at upcoming pieces for next year. I was listening to the SNES Batman animated OST. I hope Mondo releases some episode prints...
They already have a two episodic B:TAS prints out, one more teased and a Mask of the Phantasm out. There is hints of a Stout piece for everything every day. TBH I am kind of over his art. Peaked with CA:TFA for me.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 10:09 PM   #6048
ReplicantSavior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
They already have a two episodic B:TAS prints out, one more teased and a Mask of the Phantasm out. There is hints of a Stout piece for everything every day. TBH I am kind of over his art. Peaked with CA:TFA for me.
Are you counting Two Face and Harley as the two prints? I assume the teased one is the Joker. I want more episode prints like the title cards in the show.

I was never the biggest Tyler Stout fan, only have Avengers and that's probably the least favorite in my collection even though I'll never sell it. Still a Tyler Stout Dark Knight trilogy three print set with perhaps the Dark Knight ninja star batarang with all the characters could be good.
Old 09-29-2014, 12:46 AM   #6049
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplicantSavior View Post
Are you counting Two Face and Harley as the two prints? I assume the teased one is the Joker. I want more episode prints like the title cards in the show.

I was never the biggest Tyler Stout fan, only have Avengers and that's probably the least favorite in my collection even though I'll never sell it. Still a Tyler Stout Dark Knight trilogy three print set with perhaps the Dark Knight ninja star batarang with all the characters could be good.
The Harley and Two-face prints are indeed for specific episodes of the show (Harleyquinade and Two-Face), rather than character profiles, as is the Joker one they teased (Joker's Favor).

I have a hard time thinking that the stars would align for them to get the likenesses worked out for Liam Nelson, Heath Ledger, Aaron Elkhart, Michael Caine, Morgan Freeman, Anne Hathaway, Katie Homes, Gary Oldman, Maggie Gyllenhall, Joseph Gordon Levitt amongst others. Honestly masked up Bale and Hardy is as close as we may get. Even that variant print by Jock for TDKR, that was actually distributed for "free" by WB, had some of the likenesses changed as they were too close to the actors/actress. While a great print, none of the characters actually look like the folks that portray them. Trust me I look at it every time I go down to my basement

Last edited by Matches Malone; 09-29-2014 at 12:48 AM.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 01:56 AM   #6050
Toaster
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Those Godfather prints are GORGEOUS. Too bad it got rejected.
Toaster is offline   Reply With Quote