Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 09-02-2017, 06:47 AM   #2511
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dredd_84 View Post
Do you guys think the regular is worth picking up still? That EX sculpt just looks so much more menacing and badass in my opinion. Beyond torn on what to do lol. I would love to add him to the collection, just bummed I thought I was done collecting statues and passed.
Pick up the REG while you still can. It's classic bad ass Bane. I have the EX and display him with the REG portrait anyway because that's the Bane I know and read in comics. The EX is based of the animated/cartoon Bane. It's no wonder CBG is going around saying EX or fail. All he does is watch cartoons. It's not like he reads comics. I personally find the REG portrait to be very menacing and dangerous. It's the Bane that broke the Bat's back and the Bane you'll see in comics to this day. The REG on this PF is stunning and most importantly, it's still available to collectors at retail. As a comics fan first and foremost, I wouldn't hesitate to pick up the REG if I missed out on the EX. IMO, when the REG is displayed, it still looks like the quintessential classic comic Bane. That's what's most important to me.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 06:49 AM   #2512
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTER View Post
Thanks. I have some Bane art by David Finch art shipping to me later this month so they will go great together.
Congrats on the conversion and Finch's artwork will go perfectly with this PF.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 01:42 PM   #2513
gorocketcat
Sailor Moon

I'd definitely go EX on this one. It may not be from the comics, but it looks so damn good. I find myself swapping them every other day. The head sculpts are perfect.
gorocketcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 01:48 PM   #2514
JAWS
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dredd_84 View Post
Do you guys think the regular is worth picking up still? That EX sculpt just looks so much more menacing and badass in my opinion. Beyond torn on what to do lol. I would love to add him to the collection, just bummed I thought I was done collecting statues and passed.
Even though I think the Ex turned out great... I would never use it.. I usually buy the EX but waited on this because I was not sure if I wanted it and figured I would wait until in hand pics came out.. So I am fine with regular head.. But if you are in love with the Ex head then I would try and get it.
JAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 02:51 PM   #2515
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpuli28 View Post

It sold out/WL'd long ago.
Doesn't matter buy aftermarket. Prices rarely every go for retail at these new inflated prices anyways. Get the one you want if you're paying near 800.00 shipped.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 03:28 PM   #2516
bmo9
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

My ex ships on Tuesday. Really excited for this, my first and only piece coming in this year.
bmo9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 03:30 PM   #2517
NoReasonCowboy
Doh!

Hi all.

I'm fairly new around these parts, but I've been collecting for a few years now. Bane joined my collection yesterday and, as many have already noted, the statue carries quite a presence and really stands out even among other well-received pieces. Simply outstanding.

That said, I'm curious if anyone has noticed any issues with their statue now that you've had some time to sit back and look over the piece in detail. I'm not referring to design choices or the small marks of an errant brush stroke-- I'm talking issues with fitment or possibly damage. For instance, does anyone else have any issues with the spinal attachment sitting flush against Bane's back when you also try to connect the small plastic piece to Bane's skull? Both the headpiece and the spinal attachment noticeably "float" above the body of my statue and cannot be inserted into their respective grooves when both are attached (unless you leave Bane's head partially detached from the body). My statue also seems to have come with a small crack starting in the base of the neck, which has extended into the paint across both shoulders.

I've already reached out to Sideshow, but was curious how common these issues may be-- particularly with respect to the spinal attachment, as the part shows no outward sign of warping or damage. Everyone else seems to have had a positive experience so far, so perhaps this is just an isolated thing.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo 1.JPG
Views:	66
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	107612  
NoReasonCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 03:30 PM   #2518
COI

Got mine. Love it.
COI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 03:51 PM   #2519
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoReasonCowboy View Post
attachment sitting flush against Bane's back when you also try to connect the small plastic piece to Bane's skull?
do you have an ex? if so make sure you are using the right spinal attachment with the right head. I had to try both on both portraits to figure it out. also you have to slightly lift the tube "back pack" so the spinal attachment can slide under it fully
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 04:01 PM   #2520
NoReasonCowboy
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
do you have an ex? if so make sure you are using the right spinal attachment with the right head. I had to try both on both portraits to figure it out. also you have to slightly lift the tube "back pack" so the spinal attachment can slide under it fully
Just the reg for me, unfortunately. Even lifting up the backpack, it's almost like the attachment is too long in certain places to allow both pieces to fit into their grooves. Perhaps this is just a one-off issue
NoReasonCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote