Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 09-16-2019, 02:19 PM   #61
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post

That's approximately $654 for a 1/6 statue.
The Renault Twingo cost like €10.000 and this Ferrari 488 GTB €229.000? Whats wrong with them, both are cars with four wheels.
GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 04:41 PM   #62
V4XCollect
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

@XM awesome statue... could be even better if removed the furrowed eyebrow on her left eye. It just doesn't appear natural... either both eyebrows should be up to have a surprise expression or just equal... I think that is what is throwing it off a bit...
V4XCollect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 05:14 PM   #63
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post

That's approximately $654 for a 1/6 statue.
XtraMoney studios at it again, zero reason a 1/6 should cost more than a modern SS pf.

Otherwise a cool looking statue, the portrait leaves something to be desired though.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 05:42 PM   #64
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
She has kind of a surprised/scared look on her face like she came out of the box expecting to smash Batman but Superman is there instead lol

I wasn't to sure about her portrait at first but it's quickly growing on me...
I think they were going for a more ‘suprised crazy smiling expression’ but its a little off. I don’t think xm would try to make harley look scared in her own statue.
Old 09-16-2019, 06:03 PM   #65
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
XtraMoney studios at it again, zero reason a 1/6 should cost more than a modern SS pf.

Otherwise a cool looking statue, the portrait leaves something to be desired though.
When you show me a Harley PF with Bud and Lou and a very detailed base for less then $650 then I'll agree with you...

Also XM is selling this statue on their website for around $550 if your a member, it's the shipping that gets you if you don't live near them.. How many times have we seen our fellow collectors outside the United States say that SS statues cost them an extra $200-$300 to get a PF...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 06:21 PM   #66
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Fantastic statue but stinky price = Hell No!! I don't see the justification of this being $899 SGD. The only reason she is priced so high is because she is a very popular Batman related character and lots seem to like Harley. I hate the dumb broad in all honesty.

Lobo costing as much as it did is actually ok for such a detailed and big piece, but that should be very rare. When XM first started the 1:6 I was hoping that the $599 SGD costs would stay relatively the same with only slight increases here or there with the little bigger or more detailed piece. This is frikkin outlandish. Count me out on any 1:6 statue that is costing more than a 1/4. XM has gotten out of hand. I think they feel they can get away with it because its Harley Quinn and not Artemis or someone that is less popular.

Its the huge influx in costs which has priced me out of the statue market. This is beyond ridiculous.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 09:31 PM   #67
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
When you show me a Harley PF with Bud and Lou and a very detailed base for less then $650 then I'll agree with you...

Also XM is selling this statue on their website for around $550 if your a member, it's the shipping that gets you if you don't live near them.. How many times have we seen our fellow collectors outside the United States say that SS statues cost them an extra $200-$300 to get a PF...
Exactly. This statue in 1:4 scale would be around 1k. Not saying this isn’t expensive but to act like it’s priced the same as a comparable 1:4 scale piece is ridiculous. Prices have gone up across the board. When you consider buying HQ + Bud & Lou from Tweeterhead in the same scale would cost you $500 before shipping this piece seems in line with XM’s other DC pieces to me.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 10:37 PM   #68
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:

Tweeter heads harley, bud and Lou rounds up to around 500, has a jetpack, bombs and 2 nice bases, one for harley and one for the dogs. XM’s jack n a box with bombs and boxing gloves isn’t so elaborate that it warrants a 150$ price increase. I hope you would agree.
Old 09-16-2019, 11:14 PM   #69
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I'm wondering what the swap-outs are. I haven't seen/heard anything about those.

And I don't think the price is nuts. I also like how between TH and XM you get two different versions of Harley. Now what I really want to know is how they look next to each other. Are they both 1:6?!?! Nobody knows because XM hasn't actually shipped any of their 1:6.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 11:18 PM   #70
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
Tweeter heads harley, bud and Lou rounds up to around 500, has a jetpack, bombs and 2 nice bases, one for harley and one for the dogs. XM’s jack n a box with bombs and boxing gloves isn’t so elaborate that it warrants a 150$ price increase. I hope you would agree.
For a fair comparison you can't add shipping costs to one statue and not the other. The fact is XM Harley is only $55 more then TH Harley with bud & lou… (If you buy it through XM and are a member, after you buy 3 statues you automatically become a member)… I'm sure people who buy TH statues from the other side of the pond are paying a premium in shipping also..

Shipping costs are going to vary based on where you live... The only reason I called you out was because your were implying that XM was greedy, when the fact is they can't control the shipping costs.

Whether or not the statue is worth the price + shipping is up to each person but I don't think you can call out a company for something they really don't have control over.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote