Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Community Corner > Aussies

Old 11-02-2008, 07:53 AM   #11
fred flintstone
Jedi Order

it was time for lunch so we headed to the PUB
worst service but the quality of the food was good and well priced
Juzzy got his strongbow and Vessie got her LL&B so they were happy
lots of food hit the table and everyone was quiet as we devoured the food

little fatty poombah AKA Tomas was handed around to Mr Mom and the rest of the table
who is this strange man momma
all jokes a side thanks vessie and Juzzy for playing the good extra parental roles

my son tried to pick up LOL Vessie was in control though

and my queen and princess - don't let the innocent smile fool you LOL
they made a trip all the way to support me at the con and i appreciated it lots
fred flintstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 07:54 AM   #12
fred flintstone
Jedi Order

Vessie had mounds of food and don't let the size fool you - she packed it in but in the end a satisfying smile was had

post lunch nap for the two men - I shall call him mini me LOL

but in the end locusts couldn't have devoured any more LOL

it was time to return to the salt mines LOL
Old 11-02-2008, 07:54 AM   #13
fred flintstone
Jedi Order

Entering the con with my family - there was no telling the reaction of my kids???

"where are miracole and fireburns??? -who are these clowns"

the picture says it all - tired after a long lunch and not impressed with the talent it was starting to become a bad sign

the final omen came to light

and it was time for the family to exit stage left
i thanked my wife for the effort and offered her compensation with promises of return effort for a garden show or such (youwilll paayyy LOL)
Old 11-02-2008, 07:55 AM   #14
fred flintstone
Jedi Order

Free of responsibilities - we focused our attention to the sketches we needed to get - a plan was forming
we looked at the unmoved line that was for Jim Lee and laughed......and cried a little
we weren't gonna ruin our day
we arrived at artist alley

above we had the ever laughing sketch delaying but master of beauty JJ Kirby - i kept wanting to say Dyno- Mite - celebrating Good Times yea yea, then the cute beth Sotelo and Joel Gomez- all awesome and very nice considering the stupid questions and the swamping of sweaty fans - we treated them nice i think and they were happy to return - unfortunately they were on a packed schedule and were not going to visit this gr8 city
the first night most stayed up trying to keep up with commisions

in this pic we see Adam Archer who replaced Carlos D'Anda who unfortunately couldn't make it but gr8 for us as we got some killer pieces which will be shown later in the thread, next we had the georgeous Sandra Hope - quiet and mysterious - followed by the grumpy looking but cool Eddie Nunez (no photos without his hat LOL) and the quiet and charming) Livio Ramondelli a man who got quite a lot of business of us LOL and was talking a lot to Jim Lees girl LOL also pictured in blond - Jim manager Ed was keeping and eye on the guys output and taking photos - he is pictured in the red T- he was cooll especially on day 2 when he made sure Juzzy and I and a few fans that had waited ALL day got our sketches
Old 11-02-2008, 07:55 AM   #15
fred flintstone
Jedi Order

Smile And now for the main event _Joel Gomez

We started with Joel Gomez
what a great guy - easy to speak too
what were we gonna get an angel? a batman? a thor?NO a Jack Of Hearts the first dinky di sketch we all got was for our main man Scotty

POINT 1 -I apologize for the quality of the photos because i do not have a scanner so i had to get photos of the sketches
POINT 2 - i need a PM from those we got sketches for and those who didn't this time the next con for sure plus check your PM cause we are on a list to get some not finished yet and we will receive in the mail - so look at your PMs and send us your addresses unless you got a care package from us recently LOL

and here is Joel with sketch in hand it took him half a day with all the colouring in
Old 11-02-2008, 07:56 AM   #16
fred flintstone
Jedi Order

Cool Joel Gomez Part 2

After seeing the georgeous work of JoH by Joel - Vessy caved in and got her first Sketch as a comic fan for herself
A joker that was sitting on the table unfinished and she got Joel to finish it for her - as we were leaving on day 1 - knowing she wasn't coming the next day - Juzzy and I convinced her to get another matching one of Batman -Joel put a lot of thought into it and finished it as his last for the con
he mirrorred the joker holding the card with the Batman holding up the batarang as well as using the Frank Miller logo for the Batman

joel and the Joker

close up

Joel and the Batman

close up
Old 11-02-2008, 07:56 AM   #17
fred flintstone
Jedi Order

JJ Kirby you're up

Now JJ Kirby was a funny motha F - he was cool talking about everything except comics LOL and with his pic in his hair - Australia was not ready for the guy nicknamed Jolly Boy - a big black guy LOL
if he had stopped talking then we would of had all our sketches from him but we got cut short and we woulda of had as many laugh especially on day 2 with our 8 hour wait for Jim Lee- we got his contact details to get our sketches off him and he was talented as you are about to see - but fcuk he was funny
he stayed up till 5 am on the first day to finish his day 1 commissions LOL
i shoulda trusted my gut instinct and got more stuff off him DAMM YOU FATHERTIME

we got a nice Johnny Storm for Ant - at first people didn't pick it until you see the 4 on his chest but it is awesome in real llife - i hope the pic does it justice

coming your way Yankee lover

next is a sweet piece for Juzzy of ... you guessed it Angel

and before part 2 a pic of the big brute and JJ
i am the one in the blue tShirt LOL
Old 11-02-2008, 07:57 AM   #18
fred flintstone
Jedi Order

DYNOMITE PART 2 with JJ

got myself a nice little Thor piece to go with some of Scottie gifts he got me at ohio and chicago

here is JJ with a couple of the pieces we got

we got JG a hulk print he had as a limited run which we got autographed to go along with his Hulk sketch which will be featured later by another artist

i thought it was a cool little extra to go with the sketch he shall get
Old 11-02-2008, 07:57 AM   #19
fred flintstone
Jedi Order

Thumbs up Adam Archer to gate 3 please

next in line was the quiet and machine like Adam Archer who stepped in to replace Mr D'Anda - at first not impressed looking but warmed up to us after a few jokes and a few $50 dollar bills LOL

it started with a killer Angel sketch for... you guessed it Juzzy
I see a theme happening here LOL

not to be out a few sketches for our main man Scottie and seeing the quality of the work and unfortunately the queue for Jim Lee we got our second of three(hopefully 4 c'mon JJ) sketches for Scottie
i wonder who.....LOL JACK OF HEART BABY YEAH

here is adam with the sketch
Old 11-02-2008, 07:58 AM   #20
fred flintstone
Jedi Order

Adam Archer aim over here one more time please

after seeing the two masterpieces before me and the non mobile Jim Lee Queue - i jumped into the spirit of the con and loosened the purse string around my wallet and broke the lock my wife had put on it ( in all honesty i was given carte blanche for the day - i love her - got the whole weekend 'OFF")

anyway back to the show here is my Adam Archer Thor
he was unwilling to do overseas commissions at this stage so we will have to catch with him in US - nice artist but a little moody maybe jet lagged or upset at being a replacement

thor and Adam

close up not available yet - i forgot to take a pic

but i did get one of another tony as Iron Man sketch by Adam for scott

and while we're there i wonder who this tony as Iron man from Joel Gomez is for...Scott i am looking you mate LOL

and scott is this nunez yours as well - i am starting to see a pattern LOL