Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 12-02-2014, 10:17 PM   #3191
johnclone
The Enchantress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelito View Post
If Beth had stabbed Dawn like that a year ago I would completely agree with you that it was out of character, but between her time with Daryl and her time spent in the hospital it completely made sense and actually illustrated how far the character had come and grown. It even made perfect sense that she didn't kill Dawn, but rather stabbed her in the shoulder. She grew as a person but that didn't automatically turn her into a badass killer. As for her putting the group in danger, I don't really see that either. She knows both sides pretty well and while I doubt she even thought about the outcome of her "heat of the moment" action, she probably knew there would be no love lost by the hospital people if she killed Dawn. After everything she's seen while mopping or hanging around and talking and interacting with the various people, no one was going to come to Dawn's defense, but again I don't think she even gave it much thought.

I do agree about Maggie not really mentioning Beth all this time, but with everything she's been going through there hasn't been that much time for mourning her missing sister. Despite that I would still expect her to lose it when she actually sees her dead sister though.

I feel like the character development is very strong on this show, but sometimes story needs to be moved along and conveniences need to be used. The walkers that appear out of thin air in open areas are a bit of an annoyance but for me that's a story convenience I'm willing to overlook from time to time. So far there haven't been many things that have stood out to me as glaring inconsistencies or poor writing. I won't say there are none, but for me too few to get hung up on. I'm sure if I went back and picked it apart I could find things but as I've been watching season after season it's pretty much worked for me overall.
Virtually every person on both sides in the hallway had a gun, and the tension of the scene was extremely thick, distrust was on both sides, any strange movement by anyone could have started a huge firefight and cost many lives on both sides, surely she had to know this having been in many tense situations before, such as the one with the Governor's people, she knew that all it takes is one action to cause everyone to start shooting. Rather than get everyone out of there alive and unharmed she risks the safety of every single person she cares about as well as her own life so she can exact her revenge on Dawn by sticking her with a pair of scissors, even though this is a hospital and Dawn would probably just wind up getting it treated anyway. It just doesn't add up at all in my eyes.

Poor writing.

The actions of the character only served one purpose, to give the opportunity to the story for her to die at the very end of the episode in some sort of "surprise twist" ending.

That's my take on it anyway, of course others may see it differently. Perhaps I just went into the show with very high expectations. There's so much potential, and from time to time the show does meet and even exceed what I'd hope to get from it. But this one scene took all the air out of the balloon as far as that half of the half of the season goes, for me. I really enjoyed the Terminus story, and will stay with the show for a bit longer next year and see if I think it redeems itself.
johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 11:20 PM   #3192
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
I assumed her grieving/worrying happened off camera. Her reaction when they announced they had found Beth and her breakdown after she arrived was enough for me. There is only so much you can show when you're dealing with an ensemble this large.
just once her asking "has anybody seen Beth" would've been enough for me, but instead of worrying about the last living blood relative she has on the planet we were subjected to 18 straight episodes of her whining about the guy she randomly banged in a drug store and we're now supposed to believe is her soul mate
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 10:37 PM   #3193
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

Ah man that sucks.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 12:13 PM   #3194
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Didn't expect that character to go so soon.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 12:30 PM   #3195
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Didn't expect that character to go so soon.
I knew he'd be going soon, but I didn't really expect it last night. Although, when they showed the girls right before the credit sequence I thought for a second it could happen, but I still didn't really think so. I figured if anyone was going to hallucinate or flashback to the girls it would be one of two people.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 03:18 PM   #3196
Madame_Siryn
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

I must say that the episode was very disappointing. I have seen all the WD episodes and this one by far is the most disappointing and unusual. I know Tyrese was hallucinating but I did notice that he was hallucinating the dead characters (Governor, the sisters, Beth, Bob, and the Terminus cannibal he beat up badly but not walkers like Jim (way back from season 1) and Shane (moments before he died towards the end of season three).

Also, why didn't Tyrese think about Karen who he had a relationship with in the prison before she died? I just didn't like how the way the episode ended and I'm worried at the direction that the show is taking. The first episode started out very strong but at the same time, it completely took away what could have been compelling yet even more horrifying episodes had Terminus was fully explored. It just was too abrupt.

Since the group is hundreds of miles away from Terminus, how in the world Morgan is going to reunite with Rick and his group?! Overall, this season is just a mess yet I could only hope that the remaining episodes will save this season.
Madame_Siryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 11:08 PM   #3197
dechirico7
The Flash

I didn't really care for this episode.
I had a feeling Tyrese was next.
They can go the rest of the season now without killing anyone.

I was really hoping he would have a chance at the end. Since they severed his arm.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 11:12 PM   #3198
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame_Siryn View Post

Since the group is hundreds of miles away from Terminus, how in the world Morgan is going to reunite with Rick and his group?! Overall, this season is just a mess yet I could only hope that the remaining episodes will save this season.
I had the same thought, until I remembered that last season Morgan found the DC route Abe left for Rick, and now Michonne has convinced Rick that DC is a good place to be so Morgan will have been heading that way since the church and our gang is now headed back that way again.
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 12:47 PM   #3199
Madame_Siryn

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
I had the same thought, until I remembered that last season Morgan found the DC route Abe left for Rick, and now Michonne has convinced Rick that DC is a good place to be so Morgan will have been heading that way since the church and our gang is now headed back that way again.
Oh yes, Morgan did find the map in the church. Another thing I dont like is the group splitting up so many times. Bad things just happen when they split up and its already predictable because someone ends up getting killed.

Speaking of Tyrese's severed arm, they could have cauterized it inside of Noah's home instead of Tyrese bleeding to death.
Old 02-16-2015, 10:58 AM   #3200
Madame_Siryn

Last night's episode was meh. Beth's knife that Carol gave to Daryl should have actually been given to Maggie since she is Beth's sister. Tyreese's sister is being reckless and trying to prove herself too much to the detriment of the group. She almost stabbed Michonne and it looked like she may have cut Abraham.

In my opinion, Abraham's character development is stagnant just like Tyreese. I liked the actor who portrayed Tyreese but I didn't like how his character was developed in the show. Now Abraham is going through the same thing. In the comics, he was quite likeable but not so much in the show. I'm truly tired of seeing so much emphasis on Daryl and he took up both roles of Tyreese and Abraham as Rick's right hand man. Daryl has such a rabid fan following that many tend to forget completely that RICK is the life blood of the Walking Dead. Its very annoying to see the many comments of "if Daryl dies, we riot" or "if Daryl dies, I will not be watching the show". Its been going on for way tooooo long! The sadist in me wants Daryl gone just so there will be more emphasis on the other characters not just incessantly talking about and fawning over Daryl.

The bright side of the episode is the introduction of Aaron but we will have to wait and see how he is going to be developed.