Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 09-29-2016, 05:25 PM   #101
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
No, it's alt #1.
But wasn't he shown first in the game in cutscense or something?

I have some kind of early memory of the long haired Evil Ryu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogo13 View Post
I'll order the short hair Evil But I want more an Evil Ryu with long hair also!(hopefully ?)

Oh yeah I want to buy both. I'm not an "either or" kinda guy.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 05:35 PM   #102
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Is that normal for all/most of the preceding digital sculpts that weren't SFV based?
We have SFIV Capcom models for all characters, but they are only good for reference as they arent high enough resolution to use for anything.

SFV models are great in every way.
OuttaSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 05:50 PM   #103
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post
This collectible was sculpted by Jon Reilly (body and hair) and Justin McMillan (faces) , but did begin with a 3D model supplied by Capcom.
What a face! Great expression.

Didn't Justin McMillan partially do the face for the upcoming Akuma figure? That thing has a great face too.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 06:27 PM   #104
Joppula
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
We have SFIV Capcom models for all characters, but they are only good for reference as they arent high enough resolution to use for anything.

I've made this point several times in the General discussion thread. Great to have the boss back it up

Honestly, SFV models are incredible!
Joppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 06:38 PM   #105
theghostinside
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

What I meant was between Pcs and protoypez evil Ryu has been getting a ton of love both classic style and modem IV style.

In the comics he actually looks like IV but has a clean gi. Just thought it was weird to see him getting so much attention lately. Had me thinking.
theghostinside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 07:16 PM   #106
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
What a face! Great expression.

Didn't Justin McMillan partially do the face for the upcoming Akuma figure? That thing has a great face too.
yes he is great at faces and many other things. He is the in-house PCS digital supervisor
OuttaSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 08:42 PM   #107
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
But wasn't he shown first in the game in cutscense or something?

I have some kind of early memory of the long haired Evil Ryu.
He was in Akuma's prologue in Super, but that was 'classic' Evil Ryu. Not yet redesigned for IV.

I don't recall the exact release timing, but I believe it's something like this:

Super Street Fighter IV is released in the arcades, then it's released for consoles. Then the arcades received the 'Arcade Edition' update, which included Oni and Evil Ryu as secret characters. Some time later, 'Arcade Edition' is announced for consoles, with Evil Ryu and Oni unlocked, and I think by the time AE arrived home, the first alt DLC was pretty much available at the same time, or really soon thereafter.

But the default look is very much the updated red spiky hair + chest and back scar. That's the vs screen portrait. The long-haired alt was simply widely and quickly embraced.

The body is the same for SFIV Evil Ryu, in either look, i.e. chest + back scar. Only the hair changes. Of course the long-haired also wears different bandages on the fists as well.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 08:57 PM   #108
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogo13 View Post
I'll order the short hair Evil But I even want more an Evil Ryu with long hair also!(hopefully ?)
I only wanted the long-hair, but this is a recurring case of PCS talent making me want extra statues. The default does indeed look great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theghostinside View Post
What I meant was between Pcs and protoypez evil Ryu has been getting a ton of love both classic style and modem IV style.

In the comics he actually looks like IV but has a clean gi. Just thought it was weird to see him getting so much attention lately. Had me thinking.
Gotcha. The way it was worded made me think there was some product that was an amalgam, and I didn't think this qualified.

Quote:

Ah yes. Thank you. I do recall you mentioned that before.
Old 09-29-2016, 09:13 PM   #109
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Allright I got it.
Part of my current theory is Oni and Evil Ryu are being done because they AREN'T going to be in SFV. No spoilers by being shown, using SFIV models, etc.

But that Akuma revisit... "with a twist", Jerry said. Makes me think it's a design change, for Akuma, coming in season 2 DLC. That looks like this:

Old 09-29-2016, 09:35 PM   #110
theghostinside
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

Quote:
Part of my current theory is Oni and Evil Ryu are being done because they AREN'T going to be in SFV. No spoilers by being shown, using SFIV models, etc.

But that Akuma revisit... "with a twist", Jerry said. Makes me think it's a design change, for Akuma, coming in season 2 DLC. That looks like this:

That's exactly what I was thinking about akuma and hope he looks like that in V. It would just kinda look weird since 3rd strike is after and he looks normal akuma with some white hair which could be left over.
theghostinside is offline   Reply With Quote