Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 03-26-2018, 12:13 AM   #1971
Chargersfan57
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegatronG1 View Post
Great to hear. It's rare when a statue inspires me to take up a new fandom. Going to get the mangas.
This whole line inspired me to get into the series. I'm delving into all the shows, films and and the manga. So far it's been a GREAT ride!
Chargersfan57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 10:05 AM   #1972
bicoid18
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegatronG1 View Post
Hi all, how good is Prime 1 with packing the fragile parts of a statue in their packaging? I want to get the EX Griffith from P1 directly, but I would rather not have to deal with their support if something arrived broken.
Mine came damaged. The bottom piece of the left hand was already broken off. I moved the hand while unwrapping and the hand came off the arm completely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Sisko View Post
Sorry for the delay in getting my Guts review up guys. Been dealing with a few things.

In the meantime, I've been trying to organise a replacement with Prime 1 and I'm getting very frustrated with their customer support. The sword hilt on my "over the shoulder" arm is crooked and I've asked for a replacement. But some of the photos of the prototype had the sword with the chain link on the back, so they are convinced that the problem is that my sword is facing the wrong direction. The peg only goes in one way (with the chain link facing the front) and every in-hand photo that has been posted has the chain link facing the front as well. But now they said they are telling the factory to make me a new one with the sword facing the other way.

I'm trying to explain to them that every Guts has it with the chain link on the front and that's not the problem. But I don't think they are understanding me. *sigh* If I get a replacement with a sword that faces backwards I'll still have a defective statue.

Sorry to hear that Sisko. Maybe you can give someone like Kelvin a PM on the P1 Studio Facebook group to help clarify the defect with customer service.

Here are pics of my Dragonslayer if you need some reference pics.

bicoid18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 11:17 AM   #1973
iguana
Blue Falcon

On FB someone posted his Guts with many issues, also a bended hilt and many little paint issues on the circle of the base, bit on the beast and some paints chips/cracks. In this case I really wonder where the QC have been.
iguana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 12:40 PM   #1974
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by iguana View Post
On FB someone posted his Guts with many issues, also a bended hilt and many little paint issues on the circle of the base, bit on the beast and some paints chips/cracks. In this case I really wonder where the QC have been.
There's little quality control in China just luck of the draw.

Some people will not notice issues or be desperate enough for the statue they will keep it regardless.

All part of the plan and within the factories calculated risks.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 12:48 PM   #1975
iguana
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
There's little quality control in China just luck of the draw.

Some people will not notice issues or be desperate enough for the statue they will keep it regardless.

All part of the plan and within the factories calculated risks.
Yeah that's sad... That not all of the statues are flawless is normal and I think most of them arrive in good condition but in this case some also have more issues than other statues from other companies I've seen. IMO it's not OK but as long as they have enough replacements I live with it.
iguana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 07:37 PM   #1976
Chargersfan57

Hey guys. Just finished the original anime. What a crazy ending!!! Wow did the story completely change!

It went from being fairly grounded in reality to literally all hell breaking loose.

It went SO off the rails! And I don't mean that in a bad way. I actually loved it! Now I'm at least a little familiar with the characters.

Question for you all. I want to experience the rest of this franchise the best way possible.

Now my original plan was to get into the 3-part movie arc after the anime and then after that to jump into the manga.

But after the anime is it best to just jump into the manga and wait on the 3 films?

I really want to watch the movies as I heard it's a retelling of the anime and I want to compare them. However would it be a better cohesive story if I jump right into the manga directly while my mind's fresh on the original anime without the other stuff intead?
Old 03-26-2018, 07:51 PM   #1977
MustardDragon
Fantastic Four

So, you're probably gonna get this a lot, but it's the correct answer...Definitely read the books!

I did not care for the 3-movie arc, and I despise the 2016 T.V. anime. The sheer breadth of content, world building and characters aren't conveyed nearly as well as they should be in any of the animated forms.

Granted I did fall in love with Berserk via the original 1997 anime, which i still think is great. The music by Susumu Hirasawa adds so much to the feel of this universe.

If you're looking for the real thing, nothing really compares to the books, that's just the truth.
MustardDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 07:59 PM   #1978
Chargersfan57

So you're saying go this order:

97' anime, manga, 3-movie arc, 2016 anime?

Cause I was going to do:

97' anime, 3-movie arc, manga, 2016 anime

And yeah I eventually plan to watch the 2016 anime just so I can say I did and I want to be an expert in all things berserk.
Old 03-26-2018, 08:19 PM   #1979
MustardDragon
Fantastic Four

I wouldn't bother with any of the anime past the 97' show. They are just chopped up cliff notes. The 2016 show is HOT GaRBAGE!

There are 38 volumes of Berserk manga currently available.

Read all of them, then see how you feel afterwards.
MustardDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 09:09 PM   #1980
NosferatuOMeGa
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustardDragon View Post
I wouldn't bother with any of the anime past the 97' show. They are just chopped up cliff notes. The 2016 show is HOT GaRBAGE!

There are 38 volumes of Berserk manga currently available.

Read all of them, then see how you feel afterwards.
It's not that bad. The new anime isn't quite like watching the original anime, but I still enjoy it.
NosferatuOMeGa is offline   Reply With Quote