Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 01-27-2019, 09:50 PM   #3071
DiscoCougar
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Do yourself a favor and stick with the deluxe release schedule, imo.

Berserk's art gets so detailed and complicated that I have a hard time being able to see what all is going on in the smaller sized manga format. Plus, once you get to the end of the manga series (or caught up to the end), the frustration will sit in wit you, as it has with the rest of us, over waiting for new stuff to happen while it keeps being put on hiatus.

But that's just my $0.02
DiscoCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 10:29 PM   #3072
vKevinnn
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoCougar View Post
Do yourself a favor and stick with the deluxe release schedule, imo.

Berserk's art gets so detailed and complicated that I have a hard time being able to see what all is going on in the smaller sized manga format. Plus, once you get to the end of the manga series (or caught up to the end), the frustration will sit in wit you, as it has with the rest of us, over waiting for new stuff to happen while it keeps being put on hiatus.

But that's just my $0.02

Thanks so as someone who has watched the three movies and is waiting for the books that I paid for is it recommended to go ahead and watch the anime in the meantime
vKevinnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 10:43 PM   #3073
DiscoCougar
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vKevinnn View Post
Thanks so as someone who has watched the three movies and is waiting for the books that I paid for is it recommended to go ahead and watch the anime in the meantime
Well, which anime? If you've watched the movies (which are pretty piss poor compared to the older anime series), then the next series to watch in order would be the new Berserk series that has to do with the Black Swordsman. The original (97?) series is what the movies already covered, but the movies omitted a lot of good stuff that the series had.

Honestly, just watch all the animes. Watch the 97 series (the best), watch the movies to get some kind of closure with the Skull Knight, and then watch the new series that deals with the Black Swordsman after the Eclipse.
DiscoCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 02:43 AM   #3074
iguana
Blue Falcon

Quote:
just do it mate, you can't loose something...
My order I watched them was:
1. Anime (97)
2. Read First Volumes of the Manga
3. Movies
4. Read rest of the Manga

From the new Anime I didn't watch all cause I don't like the enormous use of CGI, the old 97 Anime is much better, for me source Nr 1 is the manga of course but just begin with watching the 97 Anime and then try the new one.
iguana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 04:22 AM   #3075
Masa_yodamorph
The Avengers

Quote:
Personally, skip the 97 anime. It’s so outdated it’s painful. Watch season 1 and 2 of the newer anime. It’s not spectacularly animated, but still good and much better than so many claim it isn’t. First and foremost, read the manga
Masa_yodamorph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 04:37 AM   #3076
iguana
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masa_yodamorph View Post
Personally, skip the 97 anime. It’s so outdated it’s painful. Watch season 1 and 2 of the newer anime. It’s not spectacularly animated, but still good and much better than so many claim it isn’t. First and foremost, read the manga
I would love if some would have the quality of the 97 Anime to be true, therefore it only has 25 Episodes so you can see it in a few days, but like you said it's a personal taste...
iguana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 04:44 AM   #3077
vKevinnn
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I just watched 1st episode of the original anime and I liked it, after, my girlfriend and I watched 1st ep of the new anime cause she’s more interested in seeing what’s next, I can tell she rather watch the new series because of the faster pace and continuation from the movies over the og anime.
vKevinnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 10:09 PM   #3078
Zombiez
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

ZODD came today great statue I would be totally satisfied BUT HIS SHOULDER straps came BROKEN. Now I have to decide should I just glue it or request a new part torso

This is the part of statue collecting I dread.
Zombiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 11:17 PM   #3079
SONICobra
Batman

Mine was also cracked, luckily it was very clean so i glued it and pinned it from the back with aves - looks brand new with no paint work
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 12:00 AM   #3080
Chargersfan57
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masa_yodamorph View Post
I personally don't agree with this in the slightest. I found the 97 anime exceptional. People should do themselves a favor and watch it. I highly recommend it.
Chargersfan57 is offline   Reply With Quote