Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 04-21-2020, 10:47 PM   #651
Thornton
Doh!

Just received my notice from Sideshow as well. Really looking forward to this! All I need to do is find some space. Hmm...
Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 06:43 AM   #652
French Cancan
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starck View Post
I'm still deciding whether or not to get this, $295 shipping for me, the total cost is enough to get a 1/3....
I agree. Plus, in my case, taxes seem to be like a lottery. I had to pay 320$, when I only paid 70$ for the 1100 $ Huntress.
So, if you add to the 300$ shipping, I paid 620$ for the big guy. The price of a PF...
Hawkgirl from SSC will be my last international order, since I have some rewards points to use.
Hopefully, one day, we'll see EU Warehouses for Prime 1 and SSC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
Congrats! Glad you are happy with it.
Thank you
If you read the quote above, to be glad was the least I can hope.
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 12:18 AM   #653
Royalguard
The Avengers

Finally a shipping notice for this piece as well....
Royalguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 07:04 PM   #654
sparda
The Avengers

Just want to do a quick check. For those based in Europe, did you pay a high sum of taxes on this piece?

I've been discussing with customs and sideshow and sideshow declared it under harmonized code 9326.4 rather than 9703, making taxes go up by A LOT, while customs said they'd accept 9703 if it were on the invoice -_-
sparda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 07:39 PM   #655
French Cancan
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparda View Post
Just want to do a quick check. For those based in Europe, did you pay a high sum of taxes on this piece?

I've been discussing with customs and sideshow and sideshow declared it under harmonized code 9326.4 rather than 9703, making taxes go up by A LOT, while customs said they'd accept 9703 if it were on the invoice -_-
See my post above.
SSC told me it was out of their hands. BS... My response was to cancel my P1 Harley Quinn comics' order.
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 12:22 AM   #656
thebatman18
Frackin!

Does anyone know the depth of the base? Trying to see if it will fit where I want to put it, thanks!
thebatman18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 11:01 AM   #657
MisterJ
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebatman18 View Post
Does anyone know the depth of the base? Trying to see if it will fit where I want to put it, thanks!
The base is 15" deep. The additional 9"-ish is what hangs out over the front i.e. arm/hand/gun/grapple/cape. I received mine this week and did several measurements. The base fits on top of a besta (besta are ~ 15.5" deep), but the arm etc.. sticks out over it.

Side note about a Besta: The statue weighs around 50# and the recommended max load per shelf of a besta is 44#, so not sure I would recommend anyone try it.
MisterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 02:27 PM   #658
sparda
The Avengers

For those who have this piece in, where are the nuts for the bolts in the box? I cant seem to find them Probably looking over it.
sparda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 03:50 PM   #659
thebatman18
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJ View Post
The base is 15" deep. The additional 9"-ish is what hangs out over the front i.e. arm/hand/gun/grapple/cape. I received mine this week and did several measurements. The base fits on top of a besta (besta are ~ 15.5" deep), but the arm etc.. sticks out over it.

Side note about a Besta: The statue weighs around 50# and the recommended max load per shelf of a besta is 44#, so not sure I would recommend anyone try it.
Thanks man, I really appreciate it. I have a pax and he'd fit in it, but take up a whole shelf. Which is just hard to dedicate to him. I have a ledge in my house I up slabbed comics on and was thinking of putting him there. Shooting out into the living room, the ledge is 14 inches deep so I think it will work pretty great with just an inch extending out.
thebatman18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 10:26 PM   #660
djmogo89
Justice League

Awesome statue. Like some guys have said, it is the Batman statue at that scale. Love the dynamic pose, it catches the eye of every person that steps in the room when it is displayed.

Unfortunately my base is chipped/patched.

You can clearly see that the corner was broken and they tried to fix it.

I already contacted sideshow about this. Now the wait begins.
djmogo89 is offline   Reply With Quote