Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 02-18-2022, 04:12 PM   #151
The Merovingian
A day without sunshine is like... night.

My vote is for the reg/classic portrait. I was lucky to get my order in last night for the exclusive vers.
The Merovingian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2022, 04:17 PM   #152
MPCanes
The X-Men

I think I like the alternate portrait more, but you can’t go wrong on this one.
MPCanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2022, 04:19 PM   #153
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanizor View Post
Oh wait, I just checked Iron Studios's website, and indeed they have Prince Adam in that scale!... However, I don't know if their license umbrellas all MOTU TMs/IPs or not!? Do creatures and vehicles fall under that license's description as well?

Thanks for the info though...
I just don't see it happening considering Iron studios prices, their 1/10 scale 1989 batmobile was $700, I can't see them selling many Rotons or Battle-Rams at that price range.
majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2022, 04:56 PM   #154
Mechanizor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Maybe a file to keep his claws sharp

In all seriousness, I was curious, which portrait does everyone prefer? I cannot decide which I like better.
I like the classic head more, but I'm glad to see the other portrait available as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
I just don't see it happening considering Iron studios prices, their 1/10 scale 1989 batmobile was $700, I can't see them selling many Rotons or Battle-Rams at that price range.
What if TH get's that portion of the license, even at smaller scale like anything between 1:14 - 1:18?
Mechanizor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2022, 05:03 PM   #155
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Speaking of which, last evening I found out that my saved rewards points were expired last month according to their new reward policy, without giving me a prior notice! And the customer service said sorry, they couldn't do much about it...

I was very disappointed especially after spending thousands of dollars on their products!

So you better use you rewards points whenever you can, otherwise they're pretty much useless!
As I remember they did send out a big notice in their newsletter about the change in rewards redemption. It was also discussed a lot here o the forum. Also, if you looked at your rewards page it tells you which rewards are expiring soon.
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2022, 05:52 PM   #156
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Oh wait, I just checked Iron Studios's website, and indeed they have Prince Adam in that scale!... However, I don't know if their license umbrellas all MOTU TMs/IPs or not!? Do creatures and vehicles fall under that license's description as well?

Thanks for the info though...
They also have a Skeletor on Throne coming soon... I think they showed or teased some others, but I can't remember what they were. Most of the info should be in this thread starting with what they showed us last Dec.

Quote:
Maybe a file to keep his claws sharp

Quote:
In all seriousness, I was curious, which portrait does everyone prefer? I cannot decide which I like better.
I really like the regular one more.

I appreciate the other one, but I think I would like it more if the lower mandibles were out like when the Predator emotes.

AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2022, 06:23 PM   #157
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
ive been debating myself since the reveal and honestly cant say for sure. im going to have to wait to see it in person but leaning towards the classic look im kind of getting an odd ned flanders vibe from the other one
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2022, 07:14 PM   #158
Mechanizor

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
As I remember they did send out a big notice in their newsletter about the change in rewards redemption. It was also discussed a lot here o the forum. Also, if you looked at your rewards page it tells you which rewards are expiring soon.
Probably that notice got shuffled with the rest of the marketing emails that I get daily and I've deleted it without opening it since I wasn't making purchases from SS at that time?!.. But then again, their customer rep whom I chatted with was a bit of a whack and inconsiderate IMHO. Other toy and collectable companies that I've worked with over the years were a lot more leaner and sympathetic. I was a bit disappointed, that's all.
BTW, I don't visit the forums here frequently since I'm not the typical hardcore statue collector like most of you guys, I have most of the MOTU Legends line pieces from SS and TH and all the MOTU bust line and a few other casual stuff that I liked here and there... But thanks for the reply, I really appreciate it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexLothos View Post
They also have a Skeletor on Throne coming soon... I think they showed or teased some others, but I can't remember what they were. Most of the info should be in this thread starting with what they showed us last Dec.
Oh thanks for link.
Mechanizor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2022, 07:43 PM   #159
koolkollectible
The Spirit

For now I think I prefer the classic headsculpt, but will have to really see how they look in hand. Like with Skeletor and Hordak, I've actually used the classic cartoon styled head sculpts, so I think I'll probably go with the classic Mer-Man sculpt too. But both look pretty nice.

Click image for larger version

Name:	41.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	332.4 KB
ID:	146986
koolkollectible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2022, 09:25 PM   #160
Blade3327
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolkollectible View Post
For now I think I prefer the classic headsculpt, but will have to really see how they look in hand. Like with Skeletor and Hordak, I've actually used the classic cartoon styled head sculpts, so I think I'll probably go with the classic Mer-Man sculpt too. But both look pretty nice.

Attachment 146986
I like that they still added some high-fidelity details to the classic portrait. The alternate Hordak head has a much simpler look to it compared to the rest of the statue, whereas either Mer-Man head will be a perfect match in terms of detail.

Eager to see what happens with Trap-Jaw on the portrait front.
Blade3327 is online now   Reply With Quote