Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 11-12-2018, 10:52 AM   #4231
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

I kind of liked Shane's daughter, much better than Carl if you ask me. And good riddance to Rick, I think the show will be better off without him.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 09:51 PM   #4232
off
The X-Men

I don't know. I like the new kick ass Eugene.

I guess I'm still in but not really invested like I was. I wish they would wrap up the show in a season or two but I know they have some crazy plan to spin off an entire universe.

We will see if ratings hold, so far, not so good.
off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 10:19 PM   #4233
off
The X-Men

At least they didn't drag on the walkers talking to each other.

And poor Jesus, we hardly knew you.
Old 11-28-2018, 10:50 AM   #4234
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

I already like the show again now that Rick is gone, I knew I would. I was sooooo sick of him. I heard they are going to take it in a more horror vibe direction and I hope they do, I think that would improve the show a lot.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 11:07 AM   #4235
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
I already like the show again now that Rick is gone, I knew I would. I was sooooo sick of him. I heard they are going to take it in a more horror vibe direction and I hope they do, I think that would improve the show a lot.
+1. Really enjoyed these last few episodes since the time jump. Many of the characters that’d become stale are once again compelling now that Rick is gone.

It’ll also be nice not to have some power hungry antagonist for once. The Whisperers being more primal and territorial look to take this series back to it’s horror roots. That scene in the graveyard was one of the best things I’ve seen since the series debuted.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 09:10 PM   #4236
off
The X-Men

They're going to do flashbacks, I hope that doesn't suck.
Old 12-09-2018, 02:15 AM   #4237
johnclone
The Enchantress

Great episode! I actually am looking forward to more. Only thing that bothered me was Negan going free, but I guess we all knew it was coming sooner or later. I never liked Jesus, because, give me a break. The guy doesn't use guns. In the zombie apocalypse. And I still haven't forgotten every time he stopped someone from killing someone who was dangerous.

But the irony is, he was the guy wearing some armor, and he's the one who got killed. Ha! What's that armor made of anyway, plastic? Is that Laser Tag armor? So the lesson here is DON'T wear body armor or you'll die. (Or maybe just use guns instead of a sword.) Jesus getting killed totally reminded me of TPM and Darth Maul killing Qui Gon Jinn while Obi Wan was forced to helplessly watch. It was awesome watching the "zombie" duck and recover by taking his opponent's own sword and using it on him from behind. Like GOT Night King killing Drogon level awesome. And Eugene's, "NOOOOOO!!!!" was actually pretty good. Wait, that guy's not named Eugene! Eugene's the other guy. The curly haired guy, who has been in 3 seasons. And his name is?????? Wendel? Wilbur? Ronald? Owen??? Well anyway, he did a good scream.

Oliver? Eric? It's Eric, right?
johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 03:29 PM   #4238
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnclone View Post
Great episode! I actually am looking forward to more. Only thing that bothered me was Negan going free, but I guess we all knew it was coming sooner or later. I never liked Jesus, because, give me a break. The guy doesn't use guns. In the zombie apocalypse. And I still haven't forgotten every time he stopped someone from killing someone who was dangerous.

But the irony is, he was the guy wearing some armor, and he's the one who got killed. Ha! What's that armor made of anyway, plastic? Is that Laser Tag armor? So the lesson here is DON'T wear body armor or you'll die. (Or maybe just use guns instead of a sword.) Jesus getting killed totally reminded me of TPM and Darth Maul killing Qui Gon Jinn while Obi Wan was forced to helplessly watch. It was awesome watching the "zombie" duck and recover by taking his opponent's own sword and using it on him from behind. Like GOT Night King killing Drogon level awesome. And Eugene's, "NOOOOOO!!!!" was actually pretty good. Wait, that guy's not named Eugene! Eugene's the other guy. The curly haired guy, who has been in 3 seasons. And his name is?????? Wendel? Wilbur? Ronald? Owen??? Well anyway, he did a good scream.

Oliver? Eric? It's Eric, right?
It's not Drogon who died in GoT. Drogon is Dani's main, big black dragon. It was Viserion the pretty greenish gold (my fave) dragon who was impaled by the Night King.

Jesus was another example of a cool comic character that was poorly translated to the show. Oh and yea, the dude's name is Eric
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 09:01 AM   #4239
johnclone
The Enchantress

Hey, Demona

I should have remembered Drogon is the one she always rides on so it couldn't have been him. Is it just me or do all of the details of this show seem fuzzy, since we have been on "hiatus" - It's been so long I really need to watch the whole season over again to refresh back into all the details of everything that happened. I'm glad it wasn't Drogon though being that they'll need all the power he can deliver. I'm still sort of sad that the sandsnake sisters were killed off last season. They were among my favorite tv show characters and I had hoped we'd see more from them.

I could just google TWD characters but my desire is for the show to MAKE me care about these characters, and then their names will be very easy to learn and remember. Surprised that the name Eric finally came to me though. Surely the actor is a wonderful person but the character seems boring. What skill does he bring to the group?

I like how the show has a certain edgy feel to it again. Carol went full-on apocalytic survival horror grandma look now, which is funny. Daryl looks as if he hasn't bathed in a year.
johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 02:32 PM   #4240
whd
Suicide Squad

You're talking about Aaron, right? Eric was his partner that was killed in the previous season.
whd is offline   Reply With Quote