Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 08-12-2018, 12:51 PM   #721
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
Also, would the statues not be the same price if you would choose to order it from Sideshow or through your LCBS?
Free shipping from Ent Earth yields quite a bit of a price difference, especially for statues that don't have switch-out parts.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 01:23 PM   #722
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
Free shipping from Ent Earth yields quite a bit of a price difference, especially for statues that don't have switch-out parts.
was not aware that Ent Earth had free shipping

Other than Ebay, I would normally order statues via my LCBS. Sometimes they were able to give me a discount but sometimes they were not. They said it depended on where they got the statues from that would determine if they were able to provide a discount.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 02:37 PM   #723
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonJF View Post
This line really seems to be born out of Chad's love for that era, which makes me wonder if there is any shot of getting the Outsiders. I know this line intends to go deeper than probably any other company has done, but THAT would be deep. I mean, if Mr. Mxyzptlk didn't sell that well and Martian Manhunter isn't exactly flying off the shelf, is there any chance for Geo-Force, Halo, 80s Katana, Black Lightning, and Metamorpho? This seems like my only hope.

Hopefully, Tweeterhead's audience grows so something like that is possible. Bowen was able to push some pretty obscure characters out (not that I followed why he closed shop to say whether or not that was successful).

It's not like I'm asking for Ambush Bug and Nocturna here. OK, I'm also asking for Ambush Bug. But, I'll never beg for Colan's Dala and the Monk.
Oh yeah, I've only watched 3 of the Facebook videos and you can tell his love for this era is unmistakable. It would not surprise me to see 99% of the characters from the Super Powers roll call getting made.

I don't know about the Outsiders, but as long as TH has the license anything's possible. I'd love to get a Vixen statue someday.

Ambush Bug would be awesome, in theory. Not willing to spend $250+ on that character. If they had a promotion where you buy X amount of statues to get Ambush Bug for free, or at a very steep discount, I'd be interested.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 02:59 PM   #724
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

well I am sure we would get a Black Lightning and Metamorpho at some point since they are from that era. I would not be surprised at some point in time that we would see the Outsiders. They debuted in 1983 and I would think that would be within the Super Powers era or time frame.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 05:40 PM   #725
statue-man
The Riddler

??
statue-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 05:45 AM   #726
jlaavenger
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Pizza View Post
I wouldn't worry about it unless Chad has said something about not doing the satellite era Zatanna.
I think Chad just remarked that he didn't think there was a very big demand for the Perez version of Zatanna.

Last edited by nbr3bagshotrow; 12-14-2020 at 05:40 PM.
jlaavenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 07:45 AM   #727
Master Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlaavenger View Post
I think Chad just remarked that he didn't think there was a very big demand for the Perez version of Zatanna.
I would need to know the context in which he made that remark, if indeed he made it.
Old 08-13-2018, 09:11 AM   #728
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlaavenger View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Pizza View Post
I would need to know the context in which he made that remark, if indeed he made it.
I think he said he'd like to make the classic version, although he has stated that it is not his favourite version of her. See below from post 66 in this thread:

Quote: Originally Posted by jlaavenger: What are the chances of a blue/white costumed Zatanna, the George Perez version from the JLA postcard?

A: I’d love to make that version as well as the classic top hat version.
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 09:27 AM   #729
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
was not aware that Ent Earth had free shipping

Other than Ebay, I would normally order statues via my LCBS. Sometimes they were able to give me a discount but sometimes they were not. They said it depended on where they got the statues from that would determine if they were able to provide a discount.
Yeah, I checked where I order from before I started ordering direct to see if they regularly discounted TH statues. It did not seem like they did (even though now that I think of it, I did order the Classic Joker through them and it must have been discounted). This month, Catwoman was 20% off and I wouldn't have paid any additional shipping cost. Ouch. That just made that EX Garcia-Lopez art REALLY expensive. I do really like Garcia-Lopez, though.
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 09:57 AM   #730
Master Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
I think he said he'd like to make the classic version, although he has stated that it is not his favourite version of her. See below from post 66 in this thread:

Quote: Originally Posted by jlaavenger: What are the chances of a blue/white costumed Zatanna, the George Perez version from the JLA postcard?

A: I’d love to make that version as well as the classic top hat version.
Thanks grphyx.

I guess I would be slightly worried then.

Perez Zatanna has my vote if there's another poll. The characters that I wanted will be made eventually and if not, so what. I don't mind either way but I like the uniqueness of this line and making the fishnet top hat version would be doing what everybody else has done.