Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tsume / Attakus

Old 01-01-2018, 02:31 PM   #31
Statuehunter117
Kindly Asked To Leave

i seriously doubt we get this in Q1, tsume is a joke of a company taking 2-3 years with incredibly high ES and high price, its not like the quality is any better then prime 1 or iron studio
Statuehunter117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 03:02 PM   #32
Kallix
Justice League

Boxes are ready : https://www.instagram.com/p/BdXKGN3BXY0/

First batch before chinese new year in february. Pre-orders were in July 2016, so if we have it in march/april, that will make a delivery time of 20/21 months for 3000 copies, it's correct.
Kallix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 04:08 PM   #33
klwN
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statuehunter117 View Post
i seriously doubt we get this in Q1, tsume is a joke of a company taking 2-3 years with incredibly high ES and high price, its not like the quality is any better then prime 1 or iron studio
A joke of a company?

They are slow because their means are more limited than bigger companies so it's harder to release high quality products like they have been doing.
You can tell the care and detail that went into this Vegeta are crazy. It's their first shot at this type of 1/4 product, so of course it's not easy for a small team like that.

Calling them a joke is going a bit far, especially considering how many times you have purchased statues that turned out to be massive disappointments. What do you call these companies then?
Remember Iron Studio's Spider-Man btw?

At least Tsume delivers what they promised.

You have two walls of DBZ statues anyway, no one is going to notice the difference in your collection if this one is a bit late.
And if you don't like it, it will probably sell for twice its value after release.
klwN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 06:42 PM   #34
Crash421
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by klwN View Post
A joke of a company?

They are slow because their means are more limited than bigger companies so it's harder to release high quality products like they have been doing.
You can tell the care and detail that went into this Vegeta are crazy. It's their first shot at this type of 1/4 product, so of course it's not easy for a small team like that.

Calling them a joke is going a bit far, especially considering how many times you have purchased statues that turned out to be massive disappointments. What do you call these companies then?

You have two walls of DBZ statues anyway, no one is going to notice the difference in your collection if this one is a bit late.
And if you don't like it, it will probably sell for twice its value after release.
Crash421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 07:16 PM   #35
Crash421
Sinister Six

All joking aside, the art boxes look phenomenal, so hopefully we’ll start seeing the 1st wave of Vegetas hit customers soon. It’s been a long wait, but from the looks of him so far, it will all be worth it.
Old 01-02-2018, 01:14 PM   #36
Statuehunter117
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
A joke of a company?

I consider them a joke due to lack of communication with delays and even if they are small, they had 3000 people pay upfront over $700 for a 17 in vegeta statue, this whole project should have taken 6-9 months to make.

I preordered day 1, than their website got revamped and my profile doesnt show the order anymore, I had to email them about it to make sure my order is still good, and since than not a single email about delays or shipping. most the live videos they do is all in french which ofcourse i dont speak. English is the universal language so they should accommodate the world not just france.
Old 01-02-2018, 01:32 PM   #37
Crash421
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statuehunter117 View Post
I consider them a joke due to lack of communication with delays and even if they are small, they had 3000 people pay upfront over $700 for a 17 in vegeta statue, this whole project should have taken 6-9 months to make.

I preordered day 1, than their website got revamped and my profile doesnt show the order anymore, I had to email them about it to make sure my order is still good, and since than not a single email about delays or shipping. most the live videos they do is all in french which ofcourse i dont speak. English is the universal language so they should accommodate the world not just france.
It's not a simple "17 in Vegeta". The lighting effects and the challenge of clear resin were issues in production. They've admitted to their lack of communication and have apologized multiple times. Their planned live shows are in French, but they provide subtitles in English. Same with the last two production updates for all pieces in production along with a new estimate of arrival.
Old 01-02-2018, 03:36 PM   #38
klwN
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Was paying full price upfront the only option via Tsume's website?
I ordered via a retailer but only had to pay 169€. The rest is paid prior to shipping.

Also they made it clear from the get-go that shipping wouldn't be before December 2017, so 6-9 months was never gonna happen.

Yes they did mention a lot of production issues to get the product where it's at, especially the look of the clear resin which had a lot of bubbles, and they also needed to figure out a way to sand it properly or something.
It's highly translucent, something you don't usually see on statues, it's always kinda semi-opaque.

I know it's a long wait but personally, when I pay this kind of price I'd rather wait a few more months to get a flawless final product. They want this to be a center piece, it's not like Sideshow producing their 500th 1/4. This is Tsume's first and they needed to make a statement with it, understandably.
klwN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 03:48 PM   #39
Crash421
Sinister Six

Quote:
I ordered via a retailer but only had to pay 169€. The rest is paid prior to shipping.

Also they made it clear from the get-go that shipping wouldn't be before December 2017, so 6-9 months was never gonna happen.

Yes they did mention a lot of production issues to get the product where it's at, especially the look of the clear resin which had a lot of bubbles, and they also needed to figure out a way to sand it properly or something.
It's highly translucent, something you don't usually see on statues, it's always kinda semi-opaque.

I know it's a long wait but personally, when I pay this kind of price I'd rather wait a few more months to get a flawless final product. They want this to be a center piece, it's not like Sideshow producing their 500th 1/4. This is Tsume's first and they needed to make a statement with it, understandably.
Full pay is an option, but they also have flex pay (8 payment option). So it wasn’t an all up front demand for money.
Old 01-02-2018, 04:23 PM   #40
Statuehunter117
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:

I really hope its the ultimate vegeta 1/4, the proto was phenomenal, I really hope it lives up.

having had their piccolo redemption i dont think its anything super special compared to others like MRC/Xceed. I have Xceed dragonfist and its the best DBZ statue so lets see if it can top it