Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Home Grown > From our Bench

Old 10-11-2018, 12:33 PM   #1
saintproduction
Birdman

1:4 Spiderman input needed

so I have waited long for Sideshow or any other company to make a movie based 1:4 scale Spiderman but it looks like it will never happen. So I decided to do it myself . It will be sculpted digitally.
Plus this way I can make it look just as I dreamed of it to look like. For the costume I'm going with Homecoming but without all the black leather stuff, to make it look more original. But I will only leave the black cuffs and the black belt.
My problem is with the pose!!
He will be on top of an Eagle Gargoyle and here is where I would like for you to help me.
I will not do any acrobatic stuff because this has been done to death.
Standing or squatting ???
I'm including couple of ideas and I would love for you to let me know your thoughts please.

saintproduction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 10:27 AM   #2
sdilks
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Squat

I wish I had room for a 1/4 scale statue!!

As for the pose, I've always loved the squat on top of something ridiculously small, like a vent tube or something that would never hold spidey's weight. Something about the suspension of reality about all of it, I've always loved.

I also love when he's doing something normal; checking his phone, eating a pizza, etc. All stuff we do every day, but during our regular day. As his day includes being at the top of a building...
sdilks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 07:40 AM   #3
Leonard1983
Frackin!

I liked the photo of spidey standing on the edge of the building (with his back to the viewer). But with his mask on. But his pose on the picture i like; one foot/leg in front, his torso a bit turned and his head the other way. I would like to see this in 3D.
Hopes it helps.
Leonard1983 is offline   Reply With Quote