Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 04-19-2024, 07:51 PM   #101
Rauko
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Casey working on this back in the day:

Rauko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2024, 03:35 AM   #102
qz33
Doctor Doom

Thanks for the heads up. So seems it was an abandoned private commission than PCS picked up.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2024, 01:33 PM   #103
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rauko View Post
Might as well chime in here as I've stumbled upon this by mere coincidence on Sideshow's website.
When Casey Love was mentioned, it dawned on me what I was looking at.

As others have stated, this did indeed start as a private commission way back in 2012/2013, intended for a handful of people. Most of them wanted it as an addition to the 1/3 Cinemaquette creature lineup. In fact I was amongst these people, but the project initially went nowhere/got delayed massively and I somewhat lost sight of it. Secretly I hoped (and still do) that Steve Wang would pick this up when ECC spun off from CM, but he never did for one reason or another.
Back then nobody gave a flying about diplayability, the people involved just wanted the biggest, badest Pumpkinhead in 1/3 and the SS Maquette which also prominently featured in the Winston Effect was the obvious reference.

So, yes, I'd absolutely vouch for this having a traditional sculpting background and I'm absolutely floored to be able to add this to my 1/3 classic creature setup, albeit in a much different vein than originally intended.

From what I gather here and elsewhere, it would seem that some are also mightely ticked about this release. I can only assume what happened but hope nobody got seriously burned over this.

oh wow, I remember seeing that photo back when it was commissioned. I had forgotten about the chocolatebydeath website. I do remember that Rafael Robledo was one of the members trying to get this done. I can't believe Casey has been sitting on that sculpt for over 10 years.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote