ambasah
Red Skull

danteipp,

simpletoys is probably your best bet.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 02:38 PM   #1122
Thor57
Teen Titans

Because every time is a bit vague. Every time he intends to throw it with all his weight behind it. But plenty of times he starts his swing just standing at a stand still.

I haven't looked for pics yet, but think about the movie Avengers. After he smokes Iron Man with Mjolnir in the woods and the hammer comes back, he's standing upright swinging it. Same for at the end in New York. Both when he leaves to fly to the building, and when he starts to gear up to go catch a falling Iron Man, same thing. Standing still, swinging at his side.

This pose isn't an action Thor. It's a pre action pose. He's threatening his foe, hence the arrogant pointing.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 02:55 PM   #1123
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor57 View Post
Because every time is a bit vague. Every time he intends to throw it with all his weight behind it. But plenty of times he starts his swing just standing at a stand still.

I haven't looked for pics yet, but think about the movie Avengers. After he smokes Iron Man with Mjolnir in the woods and the hammer comes back, he's standing upright swinging it. Same for at the end in New York. Both when he leaves to fly to the building, and when he starts to gear up to go catch a falling Iron Man, same thing. Standing still, swinging at his side.

This pose isn't an action Thor. It's a pre action pose. He's threatening his foe, hence the arrogant pointing.
Some folks just don't get it Thor57. But us Thor fanatics....we do!!!
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 03:10 PM   #1124
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Please do go ahead and post plenty of pics which show Thor spinning his hammer while standing still like in the prelim. Since it happens so often, I imagine it should be very easy finding pics which show exactly what you are saying.

That aside, in general, merely critiquing a pose so that it can accommodate a feature like the spinning hammer isn't something meant to get people in an uproar. It's a valid point as we're using 50 years of comic source material as reference. Also, we're just talking here, folks. It is so important that we not lose focus of that, right? We all want the same thing -- an awesome looking statue.

risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 03:23 PM   #1125
actionjackson83
Midnighter

Quote:
I did just notice something. The open area on the back of his cape at the top, around the neckline. I know in the comics it's been drawn both overly large like that, and also a lot more synched up, not showing as much back and having more cloth.

How do guys feel and what do you think? I can't quite decide yet.
The open area will prevent paint rubs when swapping portraits imo
actionjackson83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 03:27 PM   #1126
Dark Logic
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Hey guys...Im late on this but I like what im seeing so far with the new digital Thor..anyone know if this will be a 1/4 piece? If so, what will the specs be? Also will it come with optional heads and hammer positions? thanks
Dark Logic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 03:41 PM   #1127
built2shred
Phoenix

To be honest I'm not a big fan of the spinning hammer, trying to create movement in a statue is a lost cause IMO. I don't think the bowen one is that good either although it does look better since it looks like the statue was designed with it in mind. I won't be displaying the spinning hammer myself but I'm fine with it being included for those who wanted it. But I don't think the sculpt should be designed around the spinning hammer. After all it was a last min. addition.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 03:45 PM   #1128
Lawnknome
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Logic View Post
Hey guys...Im late on this but I like what im seeing so far with the new digital Thor..anyone know if this will be a 1/4 piece? If so, what will the specs be? Also will it come with optional heads and hammer positions? thanks
Dude, just read the thread, not even 5 pages back is literally the sculpt and all its variations posted. XM is 1/4th primarily.

I don't want to hate on folks in this forum, but at least ATTEMPT to gain some insight and knowledge on your own.
Lawnknome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 04:11 PM   #1129
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Erick from one child to another ^^, Bifröst-themed base? OH YES!!! With clear resin or fiberglas!!! With all the great colors?
GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 04:19 PM   #1130
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
To be honest I'm not a big fan of the spinning hammer, trying to create movement in a statue is a lost cause IMO. I don't think the bowen one is that good either although it does look better since it looks like the statue was designed with it in mind. I won't be displaying the spinning hammer myself but I'm fine with it being included for those who wanted it. But I don't think the sculpt should be designed around the spinning hammer. After all it was a last min. addition.
Tell that to these guys.

JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote