Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 11-07-2016, 10:45 PM   #1
Sv7nd
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Interview with Dan/Gonk *Marvel ArtFX+

I just came across this recent interview with Dan/Gonk:

http://www.hidefninja.com/2016/11/07...om-kotobukiya/

The first question and answer interested me the most...

"When it comes to comic book statues, you guy know how to capture the essence of the character. How do you choose the design or characters that Kotobukiya creates? Are there multiple versions?

Dan- Let’s take, for example, the Marvel Avengers series. We started off with the Marvel NOW look because it was probably the most current look in the comics at the time. We started the artFX+ line with the Marvel NOW and continued it with the X-men and they also had the Marvel NOW costumes. After that, our plan was to go with a more classic look almost a hybrid between modern and classic. That’s where we went with Spider-Man. I wouldn’t say its technically a Marvel NOW look but just a more classic look for all the characters in that series…and the same can be said for DC. We started with the New 52 and now that its over, we’re going back to finish the ones that we started but we also want to start new lines with the classic costumes and…also begin work on what’s current in the books. "

I'm really happy to read that as the latest Spider-Man character designs are what brought me back to the line and have me picking up some of the older Marvel ArtFX+ statues again.

I truly hope there are plans in the works for a Jim Lee X-Men wave along with a classic Avengers wave (or multiple waves of each to cover all the mainstays).

What's everyone else hoping for in regards to future Marvel ArtFX+?
Sv7nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 09:40 AM   #2
Griffon
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Good article, thanks for sharing.

In no rush but will eventually complete group one of Spider-Verse. Wish they'll make the original Sinister Six, Green Goblin, black suit Spider-Man, Black Cat, MJ, & (Earth-616) Gwen Stacy.

Comic versions of Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Punisher, Elektra would be good too.
Griffon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 12:33 PM   #3
dechirico7
The Flash

We definitely need more x-men. I like these small team line-ups they are doing, but it cuts interest. I have rogue, magik and emma. I am to the point of resale. What is the point of just having those three pieces. I would be better just focusing on bishoujos then.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 10:34 AM   #4
Squirtle
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Has anyone seen on adi granov'a Facebook there is a Storm design reminiscent of Marvel Now illustrations. Could this be a sign? (since he did the artwork for the previous X-men)

Admittedly Storm isn't in her Marvel now! Costume...

Squirtle is offline   Reply With Quote