Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-26-2015, 02:20 PM   #41
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

looking forward to seeing the sculpt, kinda figured this wasn't to far behind PG.
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 02:20 PM   #42
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

My first thought was this looks good. Part of the pose looks very close to the Adam Hughes Supergirl on asteroid. Maybe they will have her sitting on the Daily Planet globe. And the salute is just a fun thing to do. But if she's standing, I can see the salute being odd.

Still Power Girl last year. Supergirl this year. I can't wait to see her. And if she's good enough for whatever price Sideshow will decide...
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 02:22 PM   #43
DiscoCougar
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

People will stop worrying about the salute once they see the lower half is another Captain Morgan knee-up pose, lol
DiscoCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 02:22 PM   #44
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplicantSavior View Post
My first thought was this looks good. Part of the pose looks very close to the Adam Hughes Supergirl on asteroid. Maybe they will have her sitting on the Daily Planet globe. And the salute is just a fun thing to do. But if she's standing, I can see the salute being odd.

Still Power Girl last year. Supergirl this year. I can't wait to see her. And if she's good enough for whatever price Sideshow will decide...

Probably 480.
Shanesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 02:25 PM   #45
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

so i take it that this is based of of the new TV series thats coming out? at least thats what it sounded like in the description on their site.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 02:26 PM   #46
grphyx1
Kingpin

I think she'll be sitting on a steel girder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoCougar View Post
People will stop worrying about the salute once they see the lower half is another Captain Morgan knee-up pose, lol
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 02:29 PM   #47
Doc017
Fantastic Four

The Daily Planet globe is behind her in the concept art, so I doubt she'd be sitting on that.
Doc017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 02:32 PM   #48
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicMenace View Post
so i take it that this is based of of the new TV series thats coming out? at least thats what it sounded like in the description on their site.
If this PF has darker hair like the TV show portrayal then this thread will go into meltdown.
majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 02:36 PM   #49
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

maybe they will do a variant of her in the black costume as evil super girl.

Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 02:46 PM   #50
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by marker2037 View Post
I'm not getting her anyway, but I'm tired of everything based off of artgerm so I'm hoping it's not.
This might turn out well but I sold all my SS DC statues EXCEPT Lobo because they just really looked plain and outdated compared to him.

So she is going to have to look spectacular in order for me to buy her...and just from the early artwork....eh.

With the increase in these prices and the rather boring / bland poses of DC characters from SS, I will ONLY get a DC from SS IF it is a bonafide stunner...like Lobo.

I'm thinking that Aquaman may just be the next piece that blows me away....but won't know until it is shown at SDCC.

Oh and I also wasn't too hung up on the ES situation in the past, but if the ES on any future DC (not CotD since its their own line) is not 1,500 or under...it is an automatic pass. If they want to charge $500 for an ES of 5,000 they can go jump in a piranha filled tank. Loric isn't succumbing to the SS crap...not again and I don't care how great it looks. PCS and XM have paved the way for how collectible these collectibles should be. So I guess that means the EX version of Aquaman needs to be under 1500 for me.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote