Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 04-09-2020, 03:16 PM   #41
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlito1978 View Post
The price of these is driven by the charity nature of them and that they will be made into variant covers. The commissions are still 2 expensive.
Too expensive for me as well.

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 03:18 PM   #42
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
Compared to what? Have you seen what Alex Ross charges for a crappy pencil unfinished sketch 8 x 10” ? They sell fast I may add as well. At least fans get a choice here .

I find it ignorant people think they can tell an artist they are too expensive? Why do you feel you have that right good sir? Did you develop his skills and career over last 30 years . It’s ridiculous . If it’s too much you don’t buy it and move on .

His art btw is some of the most sought after at the moment . That’s goes for anything. A simple 4 x6” headshot has will set you back 1-1500 US. Glad I got mine and am over the moon happy with it ! It’s first thing people notice among all my other art . It’s Jim Lee!

Nuff Said
Relax. Just as much as you are thrilled to have the piece for the price you paid, someone else is equally entitled to think something is too expensive.

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 03:22 PM   #43
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Compared to what? Have you seen what Alex Ross charges for a crappy pencil unfinished sketch 8 x 10” ? They sell fast I may add as well. At least fans get a choice here .

I find it ignorant people think they can tell an artist they are too expensive? Why do you feel you have that right good sir? Did you develop his skills and career over last 30 years . It’s ridiculous . If it’s too much you don’t buy it and move on .

His art btw is some of the most sought after at the moment . That’s goes for anything. A simple 4 x6” headshot has will set you back 1-1500 US. Glad I got mine and am over the moon happy with it ! It’s first thing people notice among all my other art . It’s Jim Lee!

Nuff Said
Anything is ultimately worth what a seller and buyer agree it is. Happy for anyone who gets one, I'll be happy to settle for a collection book of prints for $30.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 03:38 PM   #44
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Oh I’m relaxed . I don’t take to well to people thinking they have right to dictate an artist’s price . I also don’t care wether I had or didn’t have Jim Lee piece . I draw myself . You know what I’d tell someone if they told me I’m over priced .....

Bye!
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 03:46 PM   #45
boibleu22
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
Batman beyond could have been cool but the dr fate winning bidder chose the arkham knight version and its just not workin for me
Same. It honestly kind of looks like someone trying to emulate Jim's style.

Though honestly, I kind of thought that about his regular Batman Beyond piece he did a few months ago.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B31KUEhnLeS/
boibleu22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 04:07 PM   #46
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by boibleu22 View Post
Same. It honestly kind of looks like someone trying to emulate Jim's style.

Though honestly, I kind of thought that about his regular Batman Beyond piece he did a few months ago.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B31KUEhnLeS/
thats a good way to describe it, and i agree about the regular version as well - not really feelin it
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 04:44 PM   #47
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Oh I’m relaxed . I don’t take to well to people thinking they have right to dictate an artist’s price . I also don’t care wether I had or didn’t have Jim Lee piece . I draw myself . You know what I’d tell someone if they told me I’m over priced .....

Bye!

Life is too short to give that much weight to a difference of opinion, especially if you think that opinion is uninformed. I still occasionally have people visit us thinking my Sideshow premium formats are $50 toys from Wal-Mart or that my original artwork is a kid's drawing. Is it worth getting offended? Of course not.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 04:46 PM   #48
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/jim-...c-book-stores/

I am anxious to see what type of format the book will be printed in and how large it will be

I do hope that other artist join Jim with this in addition to Art Adams.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 05:04 PM   #49
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

That Batman who laughs is stunning . Another piece that’s really cool is Big Barda. I love the inking on that and it’s a character new to Jim . With 60 total I’m really itching to see some rare character choices . Not every piece is a home run but that’s the beauty of choice
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 05:15 PM   #50
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Big Barda is still sitting at less than 5K. Wonder how it will jump in a few hours.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote