Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

View Poll Results: Is The Rock becoming the next BIG action star?
YES, Love him! I smell what he is cooking! 25 54.35%
NO, he is an actor wannabe at best! 9 19.57%
TOO SOON TO TELL, Lets see what the next year brings... 12 26.09%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-21-2005, 04:15 PM   #11
Wolverine1
SNIKT!!! Keeping the pimp hand strong! Rot Minister of Nocturnal Security

I like the Rock as an actor, Rundown was goos as well as Walking Tall, I have not seen the Longshot or Doom movies yet, I have seen all of the others. I liked his performance in Be Cool, very funny scenes and the only movies that could have been better iMO were the mummy movies he was in.
Wolverine1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 04:23 PM   #12
Crom
Loki

I like The Rock as an actor. he is much better than I expected and I think he has a broader range than he is credited for. He is excellent at comedy, which is difficult. I bought The Rundown, I thought it was that much fun.

I think some of his movie choices might be dictacted by his contract with the WWE. They produced Walking Tall. It wasn't a bad movie, IMO. It wasn't anything new or terribly exciting, but I think he made it better than the script.

Keep in mind, he goes by "The Rock" in the movies. That is trademarked by the WWE, I believe. I don't think he will ever become huge, but I think he will be popular. I think the age of the Box Office Action Star are behind us. At least for a while. I think special effects have become the new action star, what with The Matrix and Star Wars technology making non-action actors look incredible.
Crom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 05:38 PM   #13
Mini-Rock
Kindly Asked To Leave

I like the Rock. I like his movies and especially his "Rock" persona on the WWF. I agree that the days of the box offics action star are well behind us, and I also agree that anyone could have been put into any of the roles he has played, but, to me, the Rock brings something a little more special to the table. He can sing, he's got moves, he can act, and he's a good lookin LARGE man. I'm not an action hero movie junkie, but I think he definitely has the potential to be the next big action hero star and more.

That said, I'm totally looking forward to seeing him in DOOM!
Mini-Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 11:45 PM   #14
XSE
Nightwing

He has great potential...none of his movies I have seen have been horrible none are great....but I think in a few years he will be the go to action star
XSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 07:26 PM   #15
Justin
Jedi Order

I'm a big fan of the rock, I've really enjoyed all of his films to date and I really beleive he will go onto bigger and better things as the years go by
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 09:51 PM   #16
Sam Wilson
Samurai Vato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana P.
I despise The Crock with every essence of my being. WrestleMania XVIII will go down in history as one of the biggest disgraces of all time.

Everything about him, his arrogance, his pinhead, his unnaturally large teeth, his grotesquely arched eyebrows, his attitude, his strange resemblance to a cross between Conan O'Brian and a mutant rodent...I can't say anything else. I'll get a mite bit upset.
so you're not a fan brother?
Sam Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 10:11 PM   #17
Sam Wilson
Samurai Vato

Quote:
He's all right.

Sam Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 10:12 PM   #18
boondocksaint
Painter / Troublemaker
Producer

hes decent....i thought he was hysterical in be cool...
boondocksaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 10:21 PM   #19
grendelscott
The Damned Mod
Adamantium Member

Quote:
I despise The Crock with every essence of my being. WrestleMania XVIII will go down in history as one of the biggest disgraces of all time.

Everything about him, his arrogance, his sloping pinhead, his unnaturally large teeth, his grotesquely arched eyebrows, his attitude, his strange resemblance to a cross between Conan O'Brian and a mutant rodent...I can't say anything else. I'll get a mite bit upset.
He was on Conan's show last night...pretty funny too
grendelscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 10:25 PM   #20
ickwinzs
The Rock
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:

Everything about him, his arrogance, his sloping pinhead, his unnaturally large teeth, his grotesquely arched eyebrows, his attitude, his strange resemblance to a cross between Conan O'Brian and a mutant rodent...I can't say anything else. I'll get a mite bit upset.
The Rock says....... IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOU THINK!!!!