Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 11-18-2005, 07:14 AM   #21
sith lord utinni!
U talkin' to me?

I saw this trailer when I went to the midnight showing of Goblet of Fire just now. Looks pretty good.
sith lord utinni! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 08:25 AM   #22
bane
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Singer made the X-men work so I hope he does the same with Superman , trailer is not Bad IMO.
bane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 10:51 AM   #23
Babytoxie
Ghost

Zzzzzz...

The trailer really doesn't give me much to go on. Not interested so far. And as for using Brando's voice and John Williams' score: cripes, why don't they just rerelease the first movie?
Babytoxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 03:05 PM   #24
J Storm
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babytoxie
The trailer really doesn't give me much to go on. Not interested so far. And as for using Brando's voice and John Williams' score: cripes, why don't they just rerelease the first movie?
That's not a bad idea, re-releasing Superman I & II instead of the crap Singer's making.
J Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 05:17 PM   #25
Zurbaran1
Mod Guru

Now here's another word that people like to throw around at the drop of a hat, "crap." Never seems to add anything meaningful, either. People have been dissing on this movie since day one for whatever reason. I think the companies are finally starting to get it right with these movies and I'm expecting this one to be a decent flick. I certainly haven't seen anything that would justify calling it crap. The costume didn't grab me but I'll reserve judgment.
Zurbaran1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 05:42 PM   #26
Crom
Loki

I really enjoyed this trailer. Gives me encouragement for teh movie. I think it was genius to go back and use the Brando voice-overs and cut footage. Everyone cries for Hollywood and comics to respect what came before and this movie is doing that. Yet it still gets belittled.

Singer is acknowledging just how good the first two movies were. If he didn't use the original theme music everyone would compare the new music to it and it would come up short. Lets face it, the original score is untoachable. It is so heavily identified with Superman.

I am really impressed with where Warner Brothers is going with this. Batman Begins was phenomenal. This looks like it will be pretty damn good, if not great.
Crom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005, 12:23 AM   #27
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

I agree with Zurb and Crom. While I'm reserving judgement I liked the trailer alot. I'm hopeful and looking forward to this one more than any other comic book movie before it. I'm grateful they're using Brando's voice and the original John Williams music. I want Superman done right.

http://supermanreturns.warnerbros.com/
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005, 12:37 AM   #28
Tony Coca
Teflon Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zurbaran1
Now here's another word that people like to throw around at the drop of a hat, "crap." Never seems to add anything meaningful, either. People have been dissing on this movie since day one for whatever reason. I think the companies are finally starting to get it right with these movies and I'm expecting this one to be a decent flick. I certainly haven't seen anything that would justify calling it crap. The costume didn't grab me but I'll reserve judgment.
CRAP
Tony Coca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005, 12:48 AM   #29
nexus
Young Justice
Adamantium Plus Member

The trailer looks kinda ho-hum, but there's more than 6 months to go and most of the big time effects start delivering about three months out. So patience grasshoppers, there's gonna be a slow ramp up, but the eye candy will start coming in. Interesting that this trailer took almost the exact same route as ROTS, where it was Alec Guinnes (another dead actor) doing iconic voiceover. Though it is kinda cool hearing Brando's voice, although I always hated the crystal palace art direction of Krypton in the first movie.

I have faith this is gonna be a good one. But then I said that about the Fantastic Four, which was barely a notch and a half above the Corman version.
nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005, 02:18 AM   #30
Jerseydevil
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crom
I really enjoyed this trailer. Gives me encouragement for teh movie. I think it was genius to go back and use the Brando voice-overs and cut footage. Everyone cries for Hollywood and comics to respect what came before and this movie is doing that. Yet it still gets belittled.

Singer is acknowledging just how good the first two movies were. If he didn't use the original theme music everyone would compare the new music to it and it would come up short. Lets face it, the original score is untoachable. It is so heavily identified with Superman.

I am really impressed with where Warner Brothers is going with this. Batman Begins was phenomenal. This looks like it will be pretty damn good, if not great.
I'm with you on this, Crom. It was sheer genius using Marlon Brando and "The Planet Krypton" music in the teaser trailer. I went from cringing at the initial press photo of Brandon Routhe in costume to being excited about the movie. Plus, artistically speaking, I loved the silhouetted figure of Superman against the sun. I haven't been this psyched for a superhero flick since the first X-men.
Jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote