Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 11-23-2005, 03:55 PM   #1
risingstar
Jedi Order

Anybody watch Threshold?

I just watched the first 5 eps... Hmmmm.

Is it just me or have all of the networks jumped on this ''let's make a weekly TV show that seems to take forever to get anywhere'' bandwagon?

Other than Lost and Smallville, I haven't really been consistently wowed by much.

However, I have to admit, I get a really good chuckle from 2 and 1/2 men... LOL.
risingstar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 04:31 PM   #2
Tattoo-X

I watch threshold.
I don't understand your comment about Lost.
Lost has some really great eps, but you got to wade through 2 or 3 zzzzzz ones to get there.
Old 11-23-2005, 06:30 PM   #3
fossa

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar
I just watched the first 5 eps... Hmmmm.

Is it just me or have all of the networks jumped on this ''let's make a weekly TV show that seems to take forever to get anywhere'' bandwagon?
i dropped it a while back...lost interest

as to your other point, that is why i like Surface...now THAT show is moving right along..i dropped Invasion because it is moving too slowly
Old 11-23-2005, 06:44 PM   #4
Tattoo-X

Quote:
Originally Posted by fossa
i dropped it a while back...lost interest

as to your other point, that is why i like Surface...now THAT show is moving right along..i dropped Invasion because it is moving too slowly
I almost dropped Invasion. Started to pick up pace, but slowing down again.
Old 11-24-2005, 12:07 AM   #5
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tattoox
I watch threshold.
I don't understand your comment about Lost.
Lost has some really great eps, but you got to wade through 2 or 3 zzzzzz ones to get there.

What I meant was that other than Lost and Smallville, I haven't been all that impressed with other shows this year.
Old 11-24-2005, 03:29 AM   #6
Mr. X
U talkin' to me?

I dropped Invasion cause of the slow plotting. I just couldn't take it anymore. Same with Threshold. Plus, I wasn't impressed by the we must stop the alien signal from spreading angle. Unlike Lost, which manages to keep our attention even with it's slow plotting, Threshold and Invasion fails.

New shows you should give a try and ones I added to my watch list this season so far are:

Criminal Minds - smartly written show with an emsemble cast. easily my favorite new show this season.
Commander in Chief - solid show with a well rounded cast and a lot of familiar faces.
Surface - easily the best of the new sci-fi shows this season. who would've though eh?
Prison Break - suspension of belief is needed at times but still a fun ride
Reunion - gets stronger with every episode. trust me.
E-Ring - many will shy away since it's a Bruckheimer production but it surprised me. solid show, and Bratt is pretty good in this one

Notice that all the shows I've listed have been given full season orders as well.

Can't wait to try out new mid-season shows!
Mr. X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 11:20 AM   #7
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. X
I dropped Invasion cause of the slow plotting. I just couldn't take it anymore. Same with Threshold. Plus, I wasn't impressed by the we must stop the alien signal from spreading angle.

Can't wait to try out new mid-season shows!
I also have trouble with the alien signal angle... I mean, why only send one of these DNA altering probes (or whatever it was that splashed those crewmen in the pilot episode)? Why not send 100 and get the job done quicker? Are these aliens on a budget or something? Better yet, why don't they just hijack our satellites orbitting the Earth? That would be a way faster and more practical way of sending out their whacko signal. Also, it's not like we have a JLA tower up there to stop them from doing what they want.
Old 11-24-2005, 11:56 AM   #8
Wooktroop
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

havent missed a show yet, its my new Xfiles
Wooktroop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 01:01 PM   #9
Virsago
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

I watch it, but stupid vcr missed the first 20 minutes of this weeks episode. Anyone give me a synopsis of the first 20 minutes?
Virsago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 01:04 PM   #10
risingstar
Jedi Order

You'd think with potentially the greatest threat that the Earth has ever faced, there would be more military around, or at the very least, more prominent political reps... Also, where is the rest of the global community?