Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 11-24-2005, 03:56 AM   #1
rychehitman
Galactus

Def Leppard on Jimmy Kimel Live

Did anyone else see this? I am watching it right now, and cannotbelieve how much this band SUCKS NOW!

You can download it at the Jimmy Kimmel Live webite from abc.com

Only funny part is the fact that there are HUGE older women in the front for, head banging and reliving their past!

These guys need to hang it up! The look rediculous in their make-up and 80's attire! They should have just done an accoustic set, worn jeans, ansd presented themselves as older rockers..

Ok, I will shut up now..it is just THAT bad.....
rychehitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 12:23 PM   #2
wolverinejedi007
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I tivoed it but havent watched it yet...
OK i watched it...
The band was good the singer is way too old and lost his high singing voice
wolverinejedi007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 07:01 PM   #3
Krypton Knight
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

I've Tivo'd it and have yet to watch it. I am a huge die-hard fan of theirs. Hell, I just saw them twice in the last two weeks in concert (Everett, WA and Las Vegas at the Hard Rock) and they were in top-notch form. I find it real hard to believe that they were as bad as you guys make it out to be.

I'll watch it when I get home tonight or tomorrow and get back to you on it.
Krypton Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 08:08 PM   #4
rychehitman
Galactus

Well, JKL has a pretty good soundstage....many performers sound great there.

I am curious as to what your opinion is... I am sticking to mine. Their look was more depressing IMO, I will give aging rockers a pass on not hitting the notes they once could, but come on...stop dressing like a twentysomething!
Old 11-25-2005, 08:56 PM   #5
Krypton Knight

Well, Ryche...I'm gonna have to disagree with ya. I know, my opinion is biased since they're my favorite group. They sounded as well as they have any other time I heard them play live. I will concede that Joe's voice ain't what it used to be...for that matter, neither is Geoff Tate's. And that's not a slam, I love Queensryche too but when I saw them a few months back on the Mindcrime tour he couldn't get as high on the vocal scale as he could in the early days. Still, he could sing his ass off.
I think if you were to see Lep in concert nowadays, you might feel different.

As for the makeup, that had to be just for TV. I only saw Phil and Joe wearing eyeliner. I've never seen them wearing makeup any other time I saw them live. I didn't see anything 80's-ish about their wardrobe either, I thought they were well dressed, not flashy. They're rock stars, they're not supposed to dress like average folk. They're only in their 40's (42 to 48,just about the same as Queensryche except for their new guitarist who's 36) so I thought they presented themselves pretty well. It's too bad that in these "ageist" times people seem to think that anyone over 40 is considered "aging".I don't think they were trying to be younger than they are. I'm glad they didn't opt for an acoustical set, those seem rather boring. As for the HUGE older women, I only saw the three as the camera panned over the crowd, there were some other mighty fine lookin' ladies there.

That's my take on it. I respect your opinion on it and I'm glad you expressed it. That's the beautiful thing about this board, everyone can voice their opinions and we can agree or disagree. So we can agree to disagree, right?

Later!
Old 11-25-2005, 09:05 PM   #6
kal-el
Statue Forum MacDaddy

I saw them live again this past summer and they sounded fine though I'm so sick of there set list , it's always the same songs from Pyromania & Hysteria. These are great albums but I never listen to them because radio ruines them for me.I prefer High and Dry or Euphoria any day. Also on the Live 8 DVD they played Pour Some Sugar On Me and Joe sounded horrible, the band played well as always. They are still good just need some fresh material that is in Joe's range
kal-el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 10:38 PM   #7
rychehitman
Galactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krypton Knight
Well, Ryche...I'm gonna have to disagree with ya. I know, my opinion is biased since they're my favorite group. They sounded as well as they have any other time I heard them play live. I will concede that Joe's voice ain't what it used to be...for that matter, neither is Geoff Tate's. And that's not a slam, I love Queensryche too but when I saw them a few months back on the Mindcrime tour he couldn't get as high on the vocal scale as he could in the early days. Still, he could sing his ass off.
I think if you were to see Lep in concert nowadays, you might feel different.

As for the makeup, that had to be just for TV. I only saw Phil and Joe wearing eyeliner. I've never seen them wearing makeup any other time I saw them live. I didn't see anything 80's-ish about their wardrobe either, I thought they were well dressed, not flashy. They're rock stars, they're not supposed to dress like average folk. They're only in their 40's (42 to 48,just about the same as Queensryche except for their new guitarist who's 36) so I thought they presented themselves pretty well. It's too bad that in these "ageist" times people seem to think that anyone over 40 is considered "aging".I don't think they were trying to be younger than they are. I'm glad they didn't opt for an acoustical set, those seem rather boring. As for the HUGE older women, I only saw the three as the camera panned over the crowd, there were some other mighty fine lookin' ladies there.

That's my take on it. I respect your opinion on it and I'm glad you expressed it. That's the beautiful thing about this board, everyone can voice their opinions and we can agree or disagree. So we can agree to disagree, right?

Later!
KK,

Overlooking the fact that I mentioned Def Leppard based on my opinions on watching them on TV and NOTHING to do with your liking of the band, where YOU mention QUEENSRYCHE as an obvious way to try to make this personal towards me, and NOT just your opinion of that band.

I happen to LIKE DL, ( but I agree their playlist selection is OLD! They have so many great songs that they need to dust off anf play for thier old school fans! ~ What I wouldn't give to hear Billy's Got a Gun or Die Hard the Hunter live once again! )...their performance on JKL was dreadful! Granted, I havent seen them live in person in years, but if THAT is what they are putting out, they need to stop! As a true fan, I would hope you would not want them to tarnish themselves. You really cant go wrong on guitar, and the drums have always been enhanced sinced the loss of the arm, but the vocals are really bad! All I suggest is that they try to repackage themselves as current classic rockers...not try to recapture or hold on to the past.

Regarding QR...yep, Geoff's voice is NOT AT ALL What it used to be, but I think they are aging well. If they were dressing and acting like the Queen of the Reich video, I would hang my head in shame!

We can always disagree KK, I am just glad to know you are an old school hard rock and metal fan! By no means did I want my post to be interpreted as " I HATE DL"...If I offended the fan in you I apologize.

Keep in mind JKL plays at like 2am in Ohio, and I was typing as I was watching it....Those large women made me laugh my ass off! An accoustic set of 2 steps behind, photograph, too late for love, and love bites would have been great! I think their stuff translates well to an accoustic set.
Old 11-25-2005, 10:59 PM   #8
Krypton Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by rychehitman
KK,

Overlooking the fact that I mentioned Def Leppard based on my opinions on watching them on TV and NOTHING to do with your liking of the band, where YOU mention QUEENSRYCHE as an obvious way to try to make this personal towards me, and NOT just your opinion of that band.
Bro, I'm sorry. I wasn't trying to make it a personal thing, honest. I love QR!

Quote:
I happen to LIKE DL, ( but I agree their playlist selection is OLD! They have so many great songs that they need to dust off anf play for thier old school fans! ~ What I wouldn't give to hear Billy's Got a Gun or Die Hard the Hunter live once again! )...their performance on JKL was dreadful! Granted, I havent seen them live in person in years, but if THAT is what they are putting out, they need to stop! As a true fan, I would hope you would not want them to tarnish themselves. You really cant go wrong on guitar, and the drums have always been enhanced sinced the loss of the arm, but the vocals are really bad! All I suggest is that they try to repackage themselves as current classic rockers...not try to recapture or hold on to the past.
I agree that their playlist needs a major overhaul. It's seems that on the last 2-3 tours it has been the same songs played, in almost the same order with a small(very small) dose of new material. It would be great if they did a non-hits tour in smaller venues for the die-hard fans.

Quote:
Regarding QR...yep, Geoff's voice is NOT AT ALL What it used to be, but I think they are aging well. If they were dressing and acting like the Queen of the Reich video, I would hang my head in shame!
LMAO!

Quote:
We can always disagree KK, I am just glad to know you are an old school hard rock and metal fan! By no means did I want my post to be interpreted as " I HATE DL"...If I offended the fan in you I apologize.
No offense taken, we're all friends here!

Quote:
Keep in mind JKL plays at like 2am in Ohio, and I was typing as I was watching it....Those large women made me laugh my ass off! An accoustic set of 2 steps behind, photograph, too late for love, and love bites would have been great! I think their stuff translates well to an accoustic set.
Yeah, there are those big ones that show up to the shows. "Spandex is a privilege...not a right."

While I mentioned that I thought acoustic shows are boring, I also agree that Leps music does translate well unplugged. I have a few bootlegs where they have done some outstanding acoustic sets.
Old 11-27-2005, 03:30 PM   #9
risingstar
Jedi Order

Went to the kimmel site... There wasn't any link to the Def Lep performance... Is it posted somewhere?
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote