dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 04:49 PM   #122
nexus
Young Justice
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZKULPTOR View Post
How do you like this?
I like themed bases for teams, but prefer them to be more subtle. This S base might overwhelm the bust design. But would love to see something like this for the rest of the Superman family (Superman, Supergirl, Lois, etc.) and maybe a "Z" base for Zod. A similar theme for the Batman family, Lanterns, Flash, Justice League, Legion of Doom, JSA, Titans and dare I say LSH. Personally I think cranking out busts would be a great solution for Prototypez to jump start and quickly build up the DC line--inexpensive, space friendly, diverse, highly collectible, etc. That's really what powered the Bowen line in the early years. There are probably a couple of dozen full size DC characters interested in, but I could easily think of 70-80 DC busts.
nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 07:19 PM   #123
fenix v.2.0
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexus View Post
I like themed bases for teams, but prefer them to be more subtle. This S base might overwhelm the bust design. But would love to see something like this for the rest of the Superman family (Superman, Supergirl, Lois, etc.) and maybe a "Z" base for Zod. A similar theme for the Batman family, Lanterns, Flash, Justice League, Legion of Doom, JSA, Titans and dare I say LSH. Personally I think cranking out busts would be a great solution for Prototypez to jump start and quickly build up the DC line--inexpensive, space friendly, diverse, highly collectible, etc. That's really what powered the Bowen line in the early years. There are probably a couple of dozen full size DC characters interested in, but I could easily think of 70-80 DC busts.
Right on the dot. Busts will be something that could help people who have never painted a kit before, take their first step into the waters.

As for the bases, these were just a quick mockup that was put together. The S will most likely be reduced and we have thought about them sport the character's version of it, but at the same time, we also don't want to be repetitive with the rivited S on Steel's chest and then again on the base.
fenix v.2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 12:21 AM   #124
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Man, Reign of the Supermen has so much potential
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 09:35 AM   #125
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenix v.2.0 View Post
Right on the dot. Busts will be something that could help people who have never painted a kit before, take their first step into the waters.

As for the bases, these were just a quick mockup that was put together. The S will most likely be reduced and we have thought about them sport the character's version of it, but at the same time, we also don't want to be repetitive with the rivited S on Steel's chest and then again on the base.
Exactly. And for the bases, don't mind me; I like the direction that you are taking.
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 09:36 AM   #126
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
Man, Reign of the Supermen has so much potential
I am with you, Matches. It is a goldmine.
Old 12-23-2013, 09:37 AM   #127
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
Superman =

Superman Busts= x100

LOL
Sorry,just not a fan of the character.
How so? :
Old 12-23-2013, 11:58 AM   #128
gomur
The Tick

On the topic of busts, have you considered doing the Green Lantern universe? I thought DC was onto something special when they started creating busts of the various corps. Sadly, they stopped the line when it was getting interesting - like they typically do!

So many characters yet to be made! Raging Red Lanterns, frightful Yellow Lanterns, and of course heroic Green Lanterns.

gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 01:09 PM   #129
Mad4Busts
Husband-Father-Collector

I think it would be great if NONE of your statues are based on Jim Lee art. good grief, everything DC puts out now is based on his pencils...I need a break from it.
Mad4Busts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 01:46 PM   #130
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

no offense to GL fans but im GLed out, to many chars need to be made before the big three and GL army again.

Id be happy with 2 items of the top tier, then a mid or low tier, then 2 big tier, then a low tier etc.. just to spice things up a bit more.
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote