Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 05-17-2016, 12:19 PM   #481
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Well knowing Singer Cyclops will get the shaft. Even if it were Daniel Day Lewis playing the character Singer would find a way to screw him over. Much preferred how Vaughan treated the characters. Just a better director.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 12:23 PM   #482
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
Well knowing Singer Cyclops will get the shaft. Even if it were Daniel Day Lewis playing the character Singer would find a way to screw him over. Much preferred how Vaughan treated the characters. Just a better director.
Well in Singer's defense it was Ratner that shafted that character in The Last Stand. I actually liked how Cyke was handled in the first two X-Men films. Agreed about Vaughn though, he's more my style of Director too.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 12:44 PM   #483
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanky Panky View Post
From what I can gather, that is EXACTLY the consensus here with XMEN.

Most reviewers are in agreement that XMEN deprives key veterans of the franchise and newly introduced characters of much chance to contribute in any meaningful way.

Again, from the writer and producer of FF, we have to temper our enthusiasm here with Mr. Kinsberg.
im hoping for the best, but i've seen enough x-men movies over the years to kind of already get an idea of what the majority of reviewers mean from their critiques, I can almost see how the movie is going to be already in my head lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Well in Singer's defense it was Ratner that shafted that character in The Last Stand. I actually liked how Cyke was handled in the first two X-Men films. Agreed about Vaughn though, he's more my style of Director too.
agreed, cyke was enjoyable in X1 and X2 and I think they were close to doing him justice, but then ratner crapped on everything with X3

I wonder how singer would of approached X3 if he didnt sell out to make the god awful superman movie, it would of been a lot better im sure, probably not perfect but still better
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 04:29 PM   #484
THECLOWN KNIGHT
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

Quote:
Well, you said it all there.

Cyclops is the greatest leader of the X-Men(and one of the most important characters), why Singer didn't show the 'why' and not just be reduced to be the boyfriend of Jean Grey.

Thanks for the laugh.
THECLOWN KNIGHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 05:32 PM   #485
SuperJ300
Zot

I wish Brian Singer, Zack Snyder and Michael Bay all stop making superhero films!!!
SuperJ300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 06:08 PM   #486
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by THECLOWN KNIGHT View Post
Well, you said it all there.

Cyclops is the greatest leader of the X-Men(and one of the most important characters), why Singer didn't show the 'why' and not just be reduced to be the boyfriend of Jean Grey.

Thanks for the laugh.
Not sure what you mean. He was the clear leader of the team in the first two films. The relationship between Scott & Jean has always been a huge part of the character. I'd have loved to have seen more of him of course but I liked what we got and Marsden was great in role. There was plenty of room to expand the character going into The Last Stand but we all know how that worked out.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 07:51 PM   #487
THECLOWN KNIGHT

Quote:
Not sure what you mean. He was the clear leader of the team in the first two films. The relationship between Scott & Jean has always been a huge part of the character. I'd have loved to have seen more of him of course but I liked what we got and Marsden was great in role. There was plenty of room to expand the character going into The Last Stand but we all know how that worked out.

The issue that I have with it(about the Leadership/Importance of the character in the Franchise) is that it should have been shown with more screen time, more kicking ass scenes(ala Cap in the MCU/HE IS THE CA OF THE X-MEN)..........ala Wolverine damn it!

And to make my point clear just try to find highlights/scenes of Cyclops, you hardly found one or none at all(What and Why the fack?!).

That is the main problem(along with the messed up continuity that came later) that I have with the Franchise, they really don’t do the deserving justice to the great characters of this team(with the exception of Wolverine/HUGE problem only him really shines).
Old 05-17-2016, 08:13 PM   #488
nexus
Young Justice
Adamantium Plus Member

Agree that Cyclops has not been terribly well written in any of the X-Men movies. After Jackman/Wolverine stole the first movie (and a last minute casting addition at that), Cyc got progressively less screen time and then killed off in X3. Talk about insult to injury. Cyclops is supposed to be the strong field leader, not the whiny teachers pet and second fiddle to Wolverine. Part of that also does go to the casting however. Marsden absolutely looked the part but he is not a terribly charismatic actor. I can't think of any movie where he's had a starring role except one of those romantic movies based on XYZ novel a few years ago. Then you had heavyweights like Stewart and McKellan and his storyline was completely overwhelmed. Angel was always my favorite X-Man, but Cyclops was cool too. It will be interesting to see what the new kid playing Cyclops does with the role in the future. I do like that they have a young cast because that was one of my disconnects when the original movie came out.
nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 08:16 PM   #489
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Same on Vaughn.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 08:21 PM   #490
THECLOWN KNIGHT

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexus View Post
Agree that Cyclops has not been terribly well written in any of the X-Men movies. After Jackman/Wolverine stole the first movie (and a last minute casting addition at that), Cyc got progressively less screen time and then killed off in X3. Talk about insult to injury. Cyclops is supposed to be the strong field leader, not the whiny teachers pet and second fiddle to Wolverine. Part of that also does go to the casting however. Marsden absolutely looked the part but he is not a terribly charismatic actor. I can't think of any movie where he's had a starring role except one of those romantic movies based on XYZ novel a few years ago. Then you had heavyweights like Stewart and McKellan and his storyline was completely overwhelmed. Angel was always my favorite X-Man, but Cyclops was cool too. It will be interesting to see what the new kid playing Cyclops does with the role in the future. I do like that they have a young cast because that was one of my disconnects when the original movie came out.
It's not that he stole the movie(movies) it's that these movies are built around this/his character.