Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 11-24-2023, 04:54 PM   #1421
ukshaun
Hercules

LOADING IMAGES: postimg.cc

Poison Ivy Custom repaint
Premium Format Figure by Sideshow Collectibles

Some stills taken from a video released today by YouTube Channel: Collective Minds
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2023, 05:00 PM   #1422
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

That's the one that was painted by Vicente Torres.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2023, 05:06 PM   #1423
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
That's the one that was painted by Vicente Torres.
The new paint app looks good. Vicente Torres is quite a talent.
The original factory paint app was sloppy in places. Some were less than sold on the shade of green Sideshow opted for.
I have always liked this Poison Ivy.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2023, 05:28 PM   #1424
nearmint
Phoenix

I wonder if Jerry had the EX protrait, as well. Would like to see that repainted.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2023, 05:32 PM   #1425
punisher2000
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

very cool repaint
punisher2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2023, 07:21 PM   #1426
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

I would have purchased this piece if she would have been painted like that from the get-go. I can't stand the skin color they gave her.
Old 11-24-2023, 08:13 PM   #1427
Onewiththeforce
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
I would have purchased this piece if she would have been painted like that from the get-go. I can't stand the skin color they gave her.
I believe many of our felt and still feel that way. I for one would have grabbed the flesh colored one in a heartbeat as well if that were offered as an option.

Crazy how the one SS version of Poision Ivy that have been made where a green version was offered??. On this case, it was the ONLY version offered??. And yet so many expressed their dislike of the ?version? of green paint used.

I say that because the OG Ivy (which had been released in both versions) seemed to have had very little issue with the green paint used on the green with envy.

The green paint used on the Insta gram Ivy (150 ES) green paint choice also has been welcomed with little issue of the green paint choice.

And now the most recent ?deadly nature? version green paint has also been welcomed with little to no backlash.

So it?s just crazy that the one time they opted to only make one colored green version of the Almost nude/muscle backed version to only allow it in one green colored version. And it happened to have been painted with the least liked version of jaundiced looking yellow-ish green. Interesting.

In any event, if they would have made a skin/flesh colored version that would like the paint up done by Vicente, that would have been amazing!!!!!
Onewiththeforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2023, 09:03 PM   #1428
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onewiththeforce View Post
I believe many of our felt and still feel that way. I for one would have grabbed the flesh colored one in a heartbeat as well if that were offered as an option.

Crazy how the one SS version of Poision Ivy that have been made where a green version was offered??. On this case, it was the ONLY version offered??. And yet so many expressed their dislike of the ?version? of green paint used.

I say that because the OG Ivy (which had been released in both versions) seemed to have had very little issue with the green paint used on the green with envy.

The green paint used on the Insta gram Ivy (150 ES) green paint choice also has been welcomed with little issue of the green paint choice.

And now the most recent ?deadly nature? version green paint has also been welcomed with little to no backlash.

So it?s just crazy that the one time they opted to only make one colored green version of the Almost nude/muscle backed version to only allow it in one green colored version. And it happened to have been painted with the least liked version of jaundiced looking yellow-ish green. Interesting.

In any event, if they would have made a skin/flesh colored version that would like the paint up done by Vicente, that would have been amazing!!!!!
Yeah, it's the ONLY Ivy PF they've ever done where they didn't offer both pale and green skin. I saw it in person at one of my LCS and just hated the color. I thought it looked a bit like baby poo.
Old 11-25-2023, 03:28 PM   #1429
AC_808
Hercules

Not saying it's bad ...but to me it looks like the vines are coming from her crotch and butt.

Don't think I noticed that before. Or maybe I forgot about it.
AC_808 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2023, 04:16 PM   #1430
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
Not saying it's bad ...but to me it looks like the vines are coming from her crotch and butt.
It's fertile ground
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote