Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-08-2020, 02:04 PM   #2881
Demona
Martian Manhunter

It still seems like an exceptionally long lull. Not even statues that were sneaked during 12 Days are out. I understand maybe holding Surfer for a full SDCC preview, but what about everything else?

Also, we usually get maybe 3-4 brand new, finished pieces revealed during SDCC.

I’m glad SW fans have gotten some great pieces in these long droughts.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 02:04 PM   #2882
Demona
Martian Manhunter

OMG. Stop double posting!!
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 02:38 PM   #2883
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyiori View Post
The only thing that may delay some showing is that is if NYCC still happens, then they may show more then. But pretty sure NYCC will eventually get canceled.
I bet you’re right NYCC and I’m getting pretty antsy about the lack of reveals as well. If the Surfer and Taskmaster end up being great, that will affect my statue buying for a while....plus whatever possible new items SS, XM and Prime 1 reveal.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 02:51 PM   #2884
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
I bet you’re right NYCC and I’m getting pretty antsy about the lack of reveals as well. If the Surfer and Taskmaster end up being great, that will affect my statue buying for a while....plus whatever possible new items SS, XM and Prime 1 reveal.
Any XM will def have to wait till SGCC, tho they may tease some of them before hand. I'm pretty sure SGCC will happen unless a second wave makes it impossible.
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 02:53 PM   #2885
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Any XM will def have to wait till SGCC, tho they may tease some of them before hand. I'm pretty sure SGCC will happen unless a second wave makes it impossible.
No full reveals for 6 months? Not sure they'd wait that long.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 03:11 PM   #2886
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
No full reveals for 6 months? Not sure they'd wait that long.
Ya I'm not sure, most likely wrong. i don't really know XM's strategies. Unlike SS who sometimes does some reveals during the year but then waits for SDCC/12 days of SS/Spooktacular/NYCC to do the most.
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 04:00 PM   #2887
slow17motion
The Spirit

Quote:
Ya I'm not sure, most likely wrong. i don't really know XM's strategies. Unlike SS who sometimes does some reveals during the year but then waits for SDCC/12 days of SS/Spooktacular/NYCC to do the most.
All of the most exciting reveals (for me personally) were just random. The Cyclops PF, Logan, and a few others were just out of the blue. Honestly, I thought the holiday reveals this year were pretty lacking (I know that everyone's taste is different, but I was hoping for something a bit more enticing--especially for the number one slot which almost seemed like a joke).

I know that Storm is probably next, but I would really love to see Archangel and Nightcrawler get announced. After all the statues I'm buying this summer (Cyclops XM, Cyclops PF, Gambit XM, Gambit Maquette, Flash, and Robin), I'm going to be a little more discerning. I'm sticking almost exclusively with the X-Men.

I know that it's near impossible, but I would love a 1/4 Havok, Banshee, Archangel, Nightcrawler, and maybe a Sinister. The only other non X-Men 1/4's I'd even consider would be Marvel's Ares (not happening) and Nightwing (should have happened long ago).
slow17motion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 07:02 PM   #2888
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow17motion View Post
I know that it's near impossible, but I would love a 1/4 Havok, Banshee, Archangel, Nightcrawler, and maybe a Sinister. The only other non X-Men 1/4's I'd even consider would be Marvel's Ares (not happening) and Nightwing (should have happened long ago).
Id never say impossible. Maybe unlikely or unforseeable right now. But not impossible. Archangel is a fairly popular X-Man who’s been in multiple cartoons, movies, etc, and is a team mainstay. They’ll make him. Havok, Banshee and Ares are less likely right now but go back 10 years and nobody would’ve thought we’d have PFs for Groot and Rocket Racoon...most wouldn’t have even known what a Groot is 10 years ago lol...all it takes is a character push or some recognition.

Speaking of Ares I’d love to see SS do a 1/4 Marvel Hercules.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 10:39 PM   #2889
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I’m getting pretty bored with Sideshow. No sneaks or POs for a couple weeks is boring AF. They better be prepping for a great virtual comic con.
Yes, I know they are trying to fill the void but you can only show so many art prints each week. It has been a while since I ordered anything from them.
Iko Iko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 01:44 PM   #2890
Infinite GLORY
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

I keep telling myself that this "gap" in reveals lets me pay off more things and get better situated, but all it really has does in reality is make me buy other statues I have had my eye on lol. But I am READY for some new X-Men reveals.

It's crazy and I know we are talking different scales here, but Iron Studios who has there X-Men Dio going strong right now releases THREE (!!) new reveals in 1 week, and SS can't even give us 1 in 2 months or more. I know like I mentioned scales are different, and I'm sure alot more work goes into 1/4 scale vs. 1/10 scale, but still. That's crazy.
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote