Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 11-15-2017, 09:52 AM   #23121
SONICobra
Batman

thor: ragnarok - 7.5/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
And it's a shame I will never see it this way because I won't buy a BluRay of a movie I will only watch once. I'd like to see a movie that SHOULD have been good.

Though something tells me even with better editing I will still loathe this interpretation of Lex.
you dont have any friends with the movie? red box doesnt have the ultimate edition? it deserves to be seen

lex is my main gripe with this movie, no editing will change that unfortunately. still i agree with hellboy in regards to the rest of the movie even how lex manipulates the heroes, his one redeeming quality as a villain
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 03:17 PM   #23122
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
And it's a shame I will never see it this way because I won't buy a BluRay of a movie I will only watch once. I'd like to see a movie that SHOULD have been good.

Though something tells me even with better editing I will still loathe this interpretation of Lex.
If it makes it more digestible Amazon or Best Buy has BvS on for $5 come Black Friday....
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 04:13 PM   #23123
Demona
Martian Manhunter

But is it the Director's Cut? Or whatever the best cut is that makes the movie NOT suck (as much...stupid Lex)?!

And nope, nobody I know owns the movie. Me and one of my other friends are the ONLY comics dorks in the group. And we are both more Marvel comic geeks than DC so neither of us own it, or has any desire to.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 04:18 PM   #23124
Saturday_Knight_Surfer
U talkin' to me?

Justice League - 6.5/10 - the movie should have been longer to allow better characters development. Gal Gadot is still great as Wonder Woman.
Saturday_Knight_Surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 04:50 PM   #23125
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Sedmikrásky / Daisies (1966) - Two girls try to understand the meaning of the world and their life.

I admire the zany innovation of how this movie was filmed. And the plot is delicious anarchy--often times literally seeing the amount of food that is consumed throughout. 8/10
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 10:19 PM   #23126
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

Dark Tower 5/10 seriously, with how much is in the entire book series, this is what they lead off with? Very disappointing.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 04:24 AM   #23127
xb24
Sinister Six

War for the Planet of the Apes - 8/10
Justice League - 6.5/10 Wasn't as epic as I thought it would be. Kinda meh. I liked BvS better.
xb24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 02:38 PM   #23128
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

The Florida Project (2017) - Set over one summer, the film follows precocious 6-year-old Moonee as she courts mischief and adventure with her ragtag playmates and bonds with her rebellious but caring mother, all while living in the shadows of Disney World.

I really liked director Sean Baker's previous movie, the transgender-Christmas-iPhone film, Tangerine, but this one is even better. Like a modern day Little Rascals, the kids get into all kinds of funny mischief when unsupervised. That humor is balanced by showing the problems the adults endure to ensure the kids' safety. (Willem Dafoe deserves an award for sure.) And they aren't always successful keeping the kids out of harm's way as evidenced by the teary finale. 10/10
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 05:21 PM   #23129
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisDean View Post

The Florida Project (2017) - Set over one summer, the film follows precocious 6-year-old Moonee as she courts mischief and adventure with her ragtag playmates and bonds with her rebellious but caring mother, all while living in the shadows of Disney World.

I really liked director Sean Baker's previous movie, the transgender-Christmas-iPhone film, Tangerine, but this one is even better. Like a modern day Little Rascals, the kids get into all kinds of funny mischief when unsupervised. That humor is balanced by showing the problems the adults endure to ensure the kids' safety. (Willem Dafoe deserves an award for sure.) And they aren't always successful keeping the kids out of harm's way as evidenced by the teary finale. 10/10
Been wanting to see this one, but I'll be honest.... I'm a little apprehensive to do so. Kids are soft spot for me... and this might be a little too close to home.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 12:27 AM   #23130
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

JusticeLeague- was a joy from beginning to end. It was a departure from it’s predecessors, as it lacks their depth, but it is pure entertainment. 7/10
I don’t understand the disparity in the reviews for JL versus stuff like Fast&Furious JurassicWorld or bottom half MCU films
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote