Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 08-30-2022, 08:06 PM   #21
Mister H
Gen 13

If you measure just the figures Superman is way taller than Batman.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 02:03 AM   #22
nearmint
Phoenix

My review is up.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 04:16 PM   #23
pdenham
Teen Titans

The faux marble paint apps are beautiful on these.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 04:28 PM   #24
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
If you measure just the figures Superman is way taller than Batman.
Yeah batman is a shorty in comparison, without the cape he would look odd next to him!

Looks nice though, great review nearmint
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2022, 08:50 AM   #25
omigeo
Alpha Flight

I got my superman this past Friday and his color seems like a washed out or muted greyish. When taking picture he tends to look lighter. he doesn't have the appearance of marble to me with the naked eye, its only when taking pictures he seems to have a marble look to him. Batman seems to have a better color IMO.

Does any one else see this washed out coloring?

see below pictures especially the 1st one. Not sure of your monitor settings but that's the color I see on him...But the he still looks great, especially when taking pictures of him. Very photogenic.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4605.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	317.8 KB
ID:	153502

Name:	IMG_4606.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	293.3 KB
ID:	153503

Name:	IMG_4607.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	257.8 KB
ID:	153504

Name:	IMG_4608.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	281.3 KB
ID:	153505

Name:	IMG_4609.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	270.0 KB
ID:	153506

Name:	IMG_4610.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	259.0 KB
ID:	153507

Name:	IMG_4611.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	267.5 KB
ID:	153508
omigeo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2022, 09:03 AM   #26
SDguy

While I'd still say it looks like a "stone statue" made as an homage to Superman, marble doesn't come to mind when I look at that Supes.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2022, 09:07 AM   #27
omigeo
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
While I'd still say it looks like a "stone statue" made as an homage to Superman, marble doesn't come to mind when I look at that Supes.
Yes, correct, more like stone then marble for sure.
omigeo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2022, 09:38 AM   #28
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

All 3 of the pieces in this line are coloured differently, for better or worse. Maybe in brighter light the lines become more apparent, like on his chest?
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2022, 10:57 AM   #29
Mister H
Gen 13

Best 1/4 Superman IMO.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2022, 05:07 PM   #30
Ralek
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by omigeo View Post
Does any one else see this washed out coloring?
I'm still waiting on mine to arrive. So far only WW and Bats showed up. From what I can see, the color looks about what I'm expecting. WM has a yellow'ish tint, Bats a brown'ish one and Sups trends grey'ish. But I'll get back to you once I got mine and can take a look in person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalszabo View Post
All 3 of the pieces in this line are coloured differently, for better or worse.
I actually think that was a smart call. I really feel that the tints they chose worked well for the respective characters and makes them stand out on their own, without any risk of colors clashing when standing side by side. There is also a cool kind of gradient, going from one to the other, from light to dark, form pure to tainted.

Anyways, I am extremely happy with these pieces. I had high hopes and even these have been surpassed.

I adored WW from the very first time I saw a picture, so much so, that I went ahead and PO'ed th entrie line. Even though this was my first purchase for Queens Studis. WM came through splendidly. The sculpt is flawless. The face has the bone structure one would expect from a Greek demigoddess. The coloring is on point, plus it's first piece I know, where I actually appreciate it arriving with imperfections :-P
I also had my Cryptozoic WW repainted with a marble texture and while that looks great as well, it got nothing on this design by Maria Panfilova. I'll keep an eye on here future works for sure!

The best part though? I actually ended up loving Bats. My first impression was, that he was by far the absolute weakest part of this trinity, and that might still be true (waiting for Sups still), but he looks so ... both mythically brooding and iconically aloof at the same time.
For my money, it fits the Bats mythos and core personality to absolute perfection. The sculpt is very static and subdued, but transports so much character, when seen in person. Very, very impressed and happy I went for all three and not just for WW as I originally intended.

Despite there being a tons of options for Bats, this is of the most unique ones I've seen and the one with the most story to tell. At 1/4 and at this price point, I'd say it's a bargain bar none.

I also appreciate that the base has just enough detail to add the presentation, without being hyper busy and thus drawing your eye away (sorry, but that's a major pet peeve I have with Prime1, who are also doing some fantastic Bats otherwise right now). It has more of a "Bats Memorial"-vibe than the actual memorial from TKDR: he who watches over Gotham eternally, unperturbed even by death! :-D

I will post some pics once Superman comes in.
Ralek is offline   Reply With Quote