Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 02-12-2023, 02:07 PM   #11
gagaliya
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
That's what I was thinking. Especially that embroidery.
Yep, porcelain is very good at making realistic flowers.. but in term of facial and cloth it will not have the same detail. It also cost way..wayyyyyy higher.

Attached are some pieces from my wife's collection from lladro - regarded the #1 brand for procelain figurines in the world. Note how the flowers look amazing, but the figurine themselves including the face is just not as detailed.

Not to mention high end porcelain cost lot of $$ sigh, some of the money we spent on a single piece i could gotten a prime1 1/3 p1 but she leaves me alone to my collection..so we have an unspoken understanding lol
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lladro - 1.jpeg
Views:	46
Size:	389.9 KB
ID:	158997   Click image for larger version

Name:	lladro - 2.jpeg
Views:	43
Size:	274.9 KB
ID:	158998  
gagaliya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2023, 02:55 PM   #12
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

The portrait on the Infinity piece doesn't need to be "detailed" in the customary way we expect statue pieces to be, it's neither a comic or hyper real style of statue.

In my opinion, the style of this statue would lend itself to the application of porcelain. And yes, there would be a drop in figure detail, but again, nobody is buying this piece for hyper realism.....
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2023, 08:04 PM   #13
omigeo
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagaliya View Post
Yep, porcelain is very good at making realistic flowers.. but in term of facial and cloth it will not have the same detail. It also cost way..wayyyyyy higher.

Attached are some pieces from my wife's collection from lladro - regarded the #1 brand for procelain figurines in the world. Note how the flowers look amazing, but the figurine themselves including the face is just not as detailed.

Not to mention high end porcelain cost lot of $$ sigh, some of the money we spent on a single piece i could gotten a prime1 1/3 p1 but she leaves me alone to my collection..so we have an unspoken understanding lol
Those pieces are beautiful and yes expensive.
omigeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2023, 02:01 PM   #14
gagaliya
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omigeo View Post
A lot of times other pieces that a company makes, for e.g, Marvel, DC, and other popular characters over shadows others that are not so known...

For instance, Infinity's Elegant Beauties line called The Flying Princess Crane (Deluxe Ver.) Statue, is such a beauty with elegances. That "All Things Art" on you tube did a review. What a beauty this one is. Unboxing of this one is in the link below, by All Things Art...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ligMRzNaHSU

Below is my Flying Princess crane..
Attachment 158674
fyi guys, this piece (deluxe version) just got reduced on bbts, it's almost too good to be true with only few dollars for shipping, i grabbed one, there are only few left if you want.

Dont hear this often nowdays but the bbts price is insane given how complex and nicely done this statue is. Definitely grab it if you have the means. At this price, there is minimum risk of losing money down the road, it will only go up after few years / sold-out everywhere.
gagaliya is offline   Reply With Quote