Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 08-12-2010, 01:48 AM   #1
Jakkq
Doh!

USPS Insurance Claim Help!

This is my first time selling online.

Okay, so after 13 years of caring for my Franklin Mint Amazing Spider-Man Porcelain Sculpture, I was stupid enough to trust someone with it.

I ended up selling it on eBay, and bought a new box for it and spent about an hour packing the statue in the box to make sure it was comfy in there, and it was.

However thanks to UPS they completely effed up big time. I cannot help but view them as pathetic worthless crap now.

After the guy received the item, he stated he opened it up and heard tingling and noticed the fingers were broken. This guy was utterly pissed. He had been looking for this sculpture for nearly 5 years now.

I got the box back a week later and Oh..My..GOD.. The box looked as if someone literally took a metal bat to it several times and then let it sit in the garbage for 2 years.

I opened the box to notice Spidey was OBLITERATED.
A little of me died that day...

Not to mention they never marked it Fragile after I told them to, and WHAT WAS IN THE BOX!

Now, how do I go about filing an insurance claim? I bought the insurance through eBay, but after looking thoroughly I do not see where to go!
Jakkq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 01:55 AM   #2
Luminous
Cyclops

The last time I had to go through something like this I just called them. The lady I spoke to was pretty helpful and walked me through the necessary procedures. The customer that bought the item from me told me he could take care of it, so I didn't have to see it through. So I don't know what kind reimbursement they actually follow through with. I believe I just got their number through their website. Good luck.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 02:04 AM   #3
albeeman
U talkin' to me?

Oops
albeeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 02:15 AM   #4
albeeman
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakkq View Post
This is my first time selling online.

Okay, so after 13 years of caring for my Franklin Mint Amazing Spider-Man Porcelain Sculpture, I was stupid enough to trust someone with it.

I ended up selling it on eBay, and bought a new box for it and spent about an hour packing the statue in the box to make sure it was comfy in there, and it was.

However thanks to UPS they completely effed up big time. I cannot help but view them as pathetic worthless crap now.

After the guy received the item, he stated he opened it up and heard tingling and noticed the fingers were broken. This guy was utterly pissed. He had been looking for this sculpture for nearly 5 years now.

I got the box back a week later and Oh..My..GOD.. The box looked as if someone literally took a metal bat to it several times and then let it sit in the garbage for 2 years.

I opened the box to notice Spidey was OBLITERATED.
A little of me died that day...

Not to mention they never marked it Fragile after I told them to, and WHAT WAS IN THE BOX!

Now, how do I go about filing an insurance claim? I bought the insurance through eBay, but after looking thoroughly I do not see where to go!
Wait.. is it USPS or UPS?

I described the USPS process.. I never claimed the UPS insurance.

Last I heard, UPS insurance will scrutinized the crap out of the way you boxed your package. They look at the weight and size specifications printed on the shipping box. Plus I heard you have to securely package the item in a box inside another box. I dont go with UPS anymore.
albeeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 02:12 PM   #5
Jakkq
Doh!

I don't get this...

I sent the package out through UPS, but the tracking number was through USPS.
Old 08-12-2010, 02:16 PM   #6
Collection King 13
You Should Punch Your Face in the Face!!!
Adamantium Plus Member

Got all your reciepts?

"Grailability" -One collectibles potential on becoming a Grail Piece. Pronunciation [greyl-uh-bil-i-tee]
"Flipphobia" -One collectors morbid fear of flippers. Pronunciation [flip-foh-bee-uh]
"Flipollector" -One Who Flips with the intent of purchasing something else for their collection. Pronunciation [flip-uh-lek-ter]
http://statueforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=75&dateline=1236098318
Collection King 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 02:19 PM   #7
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

make sure you got all the receipts, forms, take pictures, put them on a disc as well. Submit every detail you can.

Dont delay either, get it in to the post office fast as possible. If you wait to long they may have it sit on their desk and then when they look at it can say you got it in late. So get everything you can and good luck.
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 12:24 AM   #8
Jakkq
Doh!

But who am I making the claim out to? I sent the item through UPS, but the tracking number and everything is through USPS. Do I make the claim with USPS then?
Old 08-13-2010, 12:30 AM   #9
Collection King 13
You Should Punch Your Face in the Face!!!
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakkq View Post
But who am I making the claim out to? I sent the item through UPS, but the tracking number and everything is through USPS. Do I make the claim with USPS then?
Make the claim with which ever companies name is at the top of the reciept.

"Grailability" -One collectibles potential on becoming a Grail Piece. Pronunciation [greyl-uh-bil-i-tee]
"Flipphobia" -One collectors morbid fear of flippers. Pronunciation [flip-foh-bee-uh]
"Flipollector" -One Who Flips with the intent of purchasing something else for their collection. Pronunciation [flip-uh-lek-ter]
http://statueforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=75&dateline=1236098318
Collection King 13 is offline   Reply With Quote