Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 12-10-2021, 09:22 PM   #131
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
Unless I'm missing something it looks like the edition size for this is only 338 (per the XM site). I am glad I ordered this.
I was waiting for this to get the ES announced. Just put in my PO for the best Swamp Thing to date. Could this be the best priced XM piece in recent memory??
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2021, 11:49 PM   #132
Iko Iko
Fantomah

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
I was waiting for this to get the ES announced. Just put in my PO for the best Swamp Thing to date. Could this be the best priced XM piece in recent memory??
Yes, especially with no increase for the extra torso.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 06:09 AM   #133
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

XM Studios News

"Presenting all new images of the XM Studios 1:4 DC Premium Collectibles Justice League Series statue, Swamp Thing! We have heard from you, our community, and have included an additional upper body switch-out showcasing Swamp Thing as he emerges from the swamp! The price remains the same and collectors who have already pre-ordered will receive this new switch-out for their Swamp Thing as well.

Swamp Thing! It breathes. It dreams. And, at night, beneath a low-hanging fog, it shambles through the shadows with its red eyes and funereal soul. The swamp has a spirit, and it walks on two legs. A monster that was once a man. This beloved character is immortalized in amazingly detailed 1:4 scale polystone. Each painstakingly handcrafted statue is individually hand-painted with the high quality finish.

The monstrous Swamp Thing can control every iota of plant life on this planet, from the fungus on stale bread to forests of towering oaks. Superhumanly strong and grotesque, he can grow himself a full array of titanic bodies from even the tiniest sprout of green. A living embodiment of the power and terror in our environment, the Swamp Thing protects both humanity and the environment?usually from each other."

XM Studios Facebook

GHeroes EU Master Distributor Facebook

GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 06:09 AM   #134
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

XM Studios News

"Presenting all new images of the XM Studios 1:4 DC Premium Collectibles Justice League Series statue, Swamp Thing! We have heard from you, our community, and have included an additional upper body switch-out showcasing Swamp Thing as he emerges from the swamp! The price remains the same and collectors who have already pre-ordered will receive this new switch-out for their Swamp Thing as well.

Swamp Thing! It breathes. It dreams. And, at night, beneath a low-hanging fog, it shambles through the shadows with its red eyes and funereal soul. The swamp has a spirit, and it walks on two legs. A monster that was once a man. This beloved character is immortalized in amazingly detailed 1:4 scale polystone. Each painstakingly handcrafted statue is individually hand-painted with the high quality finish.

The monstrous Swamp Thing can control every iota of plant life on this planet, from the fungus on stale bread to forests of towering oaks. Superhumanly strong and grotesque, he can grow himself a full array of titanic bodies from even the tiniest sprout of green. A living embodiment of the power and terror in our environment, the Swamp Thing protects both humanity and the environment—usually from each other."

XM Studios Facebook

GHeroes EU Master Distributor Facebook

GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 06:23 AM   #135
SkilledButton
Nightwing

What's the new dimensions of this with the new torso?

I don't understand why something so important has yet to be released by XM.
SkilledButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 12:09 PM   #136
Iko Iko
Fantomah

Is it just me or is there a little too much brown on this? It looks "patchy". I ordered this and I am a little bummed if this is how that new torso would look.
Old 01-22-2022, 12:56 PM   #137
Iko Iko
Fantomah

Quote:
Is it just me or is there a little too much brown on this? It looks "patchy". I ordered this and I am a little bummed if this is how that new torso would look.
The more I think about it, the more it could just be the heavy bright lighting used in these pics - hopefully will be better in normal lighting.
Old 01-22-2022, 08:13 PM   #138
Hannibal10
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkilledButton View Post
What's the new dimensions of this with the new torso?

I don't understand why something so important has yet to be released by XM.

I'd really like to know the dimensions as well...
Hannibal10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 08:40 PM   #139
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
I'm very disappointed in the paint app here. I feel the contrast between the base and figure is quite poor. There is too much dark brown throughout the figure. I'd like to see something closer to Prime. Prime had a good amount of contrasting bright and dark greens with light brown colors. I might end up canceling if this is what we are getting. The figure just looks way too dark.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2022, 08:57 AM   #140
Halcyon
Loki

Quote:
Indeed. I did not have that feeling during the proto paint pictures either.

The patchy bark parts look like shoulder armor and such.. It is too noticeable/obvious now (esp the front view).
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote