Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 08-21-2018, 04:32 AM   #841
cam83
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel View Post
Congrats! Yep this is one epic price and easy to see how it would give you the bug! What’s next on your radar?
I'd love to get my hands on the XM Rising Sun Batman, but the prices for this are up there. Cant find one near my budget. I'm hoping once the Shogun version gets released then they prices might drop on this a little. Wishful thinking I know.
cam83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 04:58 AM   #842
Joel
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam83 View Post
I'd love to get my hands on the XM Rising Sun Batman, but the prices for this are up there. Cant find one near my budget. I'm hoping once the Shogun version gets released then they prices might drop on this a little. Wishful thinking I know.
Yeah it’s amazing peice, got mine at an OK price. Keep looking and one will pop up at a price you can justify.

Welcome to the modern art world and this forum
Joel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 06:53 AM   #843
cam83
Doh!

Thanks man
cam83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 04:30 PM   #844
StatueCollectin
Doh!

First off this a great looking statue but with that said there are quiet a few issues that I have seen and that are on mine.

Front foot does not sit flush on mine either.

Visor is crooked as well on mine. This seems to be very common and I am stunned XM didn't fix this issue before it got massively produced.

Mine also has this same issue between the fingers another very common issue and poor QC on XM's part.

And on mine there is a chip on the corner of wolverines hair on the right side of his unmask portrait is facing you that was painted over. Another piss poor QC issue from XM's part, my must have got printed and fell on the floor or something.

Being this is my first XM statue and I don't have another one to base it from I have to say I am disappointed in these defects that for me are somewhat big coming from a company who has been hyped to death for having the best quality control in the business. The statue is stunning and an absolute beauty if you can ignore these defects but it's a damn shame the quality control had so many issues from a company that is supposed to be superior to sideshow when QC is involved.

(These pictures were not of my exact statue but they have the same exact defects as mine does.)

My question is XM known to have these many quality control issue with their statues? Are they no better than Sideshow since they probably get made in the same factories? I really am stunned at paying over $1000+ dollars to have this many issues with a statue from XM. I would have figured it was going to be perfect and not have this many flaws.
StatueCollectin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 05:32 PM   #845
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Ask for replacement
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 05:35 PM   #846
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

By the way you come on here with literally 1 post and start ripping XM using someone’s else photos . Post your own issues with your own pictures first off. XM is fantastic at replacing faulty items if need be. If you purchased from some third party seller then you need to take it up with them before it’s too late to do anything about this if it’s even real.
Old 08-28-2018, 05:47 PM   #847
SHANE MCNAMARA
Fantastic Four

Hi i had a simmler problem with my one with the claws
with the help of the dealer i got mine from xm agreed to send
me a replacement body so they should help you out i have 7 xm statues and this is the first one with a defect and they very smoothly sorted it out for me hope this is helpful for you
SHANE MCNAMARA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 06:50 PM   #848
Lockdown
Mephisto

I think all the left front foot is like that just like the prototype in the conventions, probably due to the added thickness of the water effect on the inside of the base. They may have changed it so as if he is about to push off his left foot too, even though the earlier 3d render has his left foot flat but without the added water effect.

I haven't seen one yet with his left foot flat on that part of the base. If you not happy you should ask your dealer for help for a replacement.
Lockdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 10:04 PM   #849
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatueCollectin View Post
First off this a great looking statue but with that said there are quiet a few issues that I have seen and that are on mine.

Front foot does not sit flush on mine either.

Visor is crooked as well on mine. This seems to be very common and I am stunned XM didn't fix this issue before it got massively produced.

Mine also has this same issue between the fingers another very common issue and poor QC on XM's part.

And on mine there is a chip on the corner of wolverines hair on the right side of his unmask portrait is facing you that was painted over. Another piss poor QC issue from XM's part, my must have got printed and fell on the floor or something.

Being this is my first XM statue and I don't have another one to base it from I have to say I am disappointed in these defects that for me are somewhat big coming from a company who has been hyped to death for having the best quality control in the business. The statue is stunning and an absolute beauty if you can ignore these defects but it's a damn shame the quality control had so many issues from a company that is supposed to be superior to sideshow when QC is involved.

(These pictures were not of my exact statue but they have the same exact defects as mine does.)

My question is XM known to have these many quality control issue with their statues? Are they no better than Sideshow since they probably get made in the same factories? I really am stunned at paying over $1000+ dollars to have this many issues with a statue from XM. I would have figured it was going to be perfect and not have this many flaws.

With one post and as someone else pointed out posting other peoples pictures, I smell a troll... If your not a troll then ask for a replacement or refund.

As for some of those issues, is the one foot suppose to sit flat or are people just assuming? As for the visor not being perfectly centered on his nose, you would have to zoom in with a camera to notice that... that's some serious nit picking there...

Any chip's to the paint or broken pieces is a legit complaint...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 10:05 PM   #850
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Totally agree