Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 11-18-2019, 07:44 AM   #1
my2cents
Fantastic Four

The Joker

Sorry If this has been answered but I do not read every post but I do get excited when a new movie comes out and the prospect of a future premium format may be in the making.

Of course, I am talking about Mr Phoenix new representation of the Joker;

Do Sideshow have the rights to produce an Arthur Fleck, Premium Format?

I’m surprised about the release of another Ledger PF.. it’s counterproductive.
I’m an Australian and we get bias about our own actors but I will adamantly convey that the best Joker is by far the 2019 Film by Phoenix. It’s brilliant and I want to see a masterpiece statue to recognise this.

Side note to Sideshow... it’s been 30 years since the release of Nicholson’s Joker... still nothing in the pipeline?

Please don’t release another Batman statue until Robert Pattison has finished up filming his upcoming role.

I look forward to the responses.

Cheers!!
my2cents is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 01:10 PM   #2
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2cents View Post
Sorry If this has been answered but I do not read every post but I do get excited when a new movie comes out and the prospect of a future premium format may be in the making.

Of course, I am talking about Mr Phoenix new representation of the Joker;

Do Sideshow have the rights to produce an Arthur Fleck, Premium Format?

I’m surprised about the release of another Ledger PF.. it’s counterproductive.
I’m an Australian and we get bias about our own actors but I will adamantly convey that the best Joker is by far the 2019 Film by Phoenix. It’s brilliant and I want to see a masterpiece statue to recognise this.

Side note to Sideshow... it’s been 30 years since the release of Nicholson’s Joker... still nothing in the pipeline?

Please don’t release another Batman statue until Robert Pattison has finished up filming his upcoming role.

I look forward to the responses.

Cheers!!
I'm probably going out on a limb by saying, no one knows until they announce it.
Given Sideshow's history if actor/actress likeness, not matching that of Hot Toys, SSC getting the licence is probably a waste of a licence.
Having said that, i would like to see a 1/4 scale Joker with J. Phoenix likeness. As i type, Hot Toys haven't announce a Joker figure either, which is odd, given how successful the movie was.

Also, the movie is called Joker not The Joker. For all we know, the guy in the movie might not be The Joker, just a Joker, someone with mental health issues
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 04:03 AM   #3
my2cents
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
I'm probably going out on a limb by saying, no one knows until they announce it.
Given Sideshow's history if actor/actress likeness, not matching that of Hot Toys, SSC getting the licence is probably a waste of a licence.
Having said that, i would like to see a 1/4 scale Joker with J. Phoenix likeness. As i type, Hot Toys haven't announce a Joker figure either, which is odd, given how successful the movie was.

Also, the movie is called Joker not The Joker. For all we know, the guy in the movie might not be The Joker, just a Joker, someone with mental health issues
The movie is absolutely about the famed Joker.

It is a shame Sideshow can’t get their statues profiles with more likeness. Adam West’s likeness for the 1/4 is probably their most spot on.
As for Hot Toys, they have announced a 1/6 for J Phoenix.

However, even though they do a great job in likeness, I’d prefer a museum style 1/4 statue than a toy. I had them when I was a kid. I prefer PF any day.
my2cents is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 04:10 AM   #4
kimsoyens
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2cents View Post
The movie is absolutely about the famed Joker.

It is a shame Sideshow can’t get their statues profiles with more likeness. Adam West’s likeness for the 1/4 is probably their most spot on.
As for Hot Toys, they have announced a 1/6 for J Phoenix.

However, even though they do a great job in likeness, I’d prefer a museum style 1/4 statue than a toy. I had them when I was a kid. I prefer PF any day.
you sure about the hottoys announcement for joker? i don't think there's any.. maybe if you have a link?
kimsoyens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 05:32 AM   #5
ukshaun
Hercules

I can't locate any news of a Hot Toys Joker figure.

There are atleast 3 unofficial 1/6 Joker figures in the works. The best looking one appears to be by Toys Era. I have this on pre_order. It represents my 1st unofficial figure. I like to think it will turn out good. I'm not expecting Hot Toys perfection. Given Joker sales, i'd be surprised in Hot Toys are doing their best to secure the licence.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote