Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 08-01-2010, 10:27 AM   #111
Trilogy
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

The McQuarrie helmet was $899.
Trilogy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 10:27 AM   #112
jkno4u
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

The message posted by Bryan from eFX at Rebelscum and RPF:

Quote:
First, I would like to thank everyone for their interest in our ANH Vader helmets. I really appreciate the passion and knowledge that many of you have shared with us on many of the forums.

I would like to share some insight into the prototypes that we had on display at Comic Con and will be on display at Celebration V in a couple weeks.

- These castings were made by our vendor in Asia. However, because of the time constraint, they had to take Gino's master, make the mold and the castings in only 4 days. Since this is the first time that they were casting the Vader helmet, they did not know and "understand" the helmet and address and refine any of the molding processes and techniques that would be required. For example in the mouth area, they wanted to help by cutting it out for us. They actually used a dremel with a large diameter bit to cut it out. That is why the mouth area seems a little "sloppy" and have the large radii in the corners! So rest assured that all of these issues will be resolved in the manufacturing development process.

- The same set of molds were used to make both versions of the helmets. In production, QC will ensure that the castings are consistent.

- The castings were then sent to Gino and he also only had 4 days to prep the castings and paint them in order to get them to San Diego in time for Comic Con. We received them in San Diego the morning of preview night! I think Gino did a GREAT job considering the limited time that he had. I know that he was "a little" frustrated that he was not able to "fix" the issues with these castings and make them perfect.

- 2 RPF'ers were kind enough to supply us with the tusks and the mesh. Both were sent directly to us in San Diego, so Gino did not get a chance to weather one of the tusks.

- Some of you questioned why we showed these helmets, knowing some of the issues. You have to remember the incredible exposure our products get at an event like Comic Con. And I understand that probably more than 95% of the people will not be able to identify the issues we discuss in the forums. In fact, most people (even Star Wars fans) do not even know that Vader's helmet was different in each episode. And then, when we fix all of the issues that us prop guys obsess over in final production, they will not even notice or appreciate the difference. I learned an enlightening lesson when I was at Master Replicas. We advertised the FX Lightsabers by character, episode, etc. However most people, believe it or not, simply identified and purchased them by the color of the blade, not even knowing that each character had a different hilt! (It was then that I realized that we are just a bunch of snobs!!! hahaha!)

We will be sharing pictures through the development process on our website and appreciate your patience as we work through the development process. I am confident that the final product will not only meet your expectations, but will be one of your most prized pieces in your collection.

Thanks!

Bryan
jkno4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 10:35 AM   #113
Lucky
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

now we need date for preoder
Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 11:02 AM   #114
demonhunter
Kingpin

Ok, I can't tell the difference for the helmets in the Episode 4,5 and 6. But I can clearly see the difference for the latest Vader helmet as shown in Episode III.
demonhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 01:11 PM   #115
Exar Kun
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Dilema: what to choose: CM or helmet?

I still dream of a life size Vader from 1977 (my bithdate!) with breathing sound and this could be a start!

thinking of it....
Exar Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 01:19 PM   #116
MK Ultra
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

I'd go with the helmet, "brush" painted version.
MK Ultra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 01:34 PM   #117
Trilogy
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Given the choice, I'd opt for the helmet too.
Trilogy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 01:45 PM   #118
Exar Kun

that's what I am thinking too ...

I can stop about it.
Old 08-01-2010, 02:06 PM   #119
Exar Kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
now we need date for preoder

Wonder when that will be... It took a while for the MCQuarrie Helmet damn, I had to pass on that one and regret it now, but, cannot afford family, home and hobby alltogether sometimes.

But, this... The entrance of Vader in the Tantive IV is my best scene I remember (first movie I watched in theater)
Old 08-02-2010, 10:59 AM   #120
MK Ultra
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trilogy View Post
Given the choice, I'd opt for the helmet too.
It's great to hear about same edition sizes and prices for both helmets, I was a bit worried about that(brush).
MK Ultra is offline   Reply With Quote