Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 11-10-2014, 10:21 AM   #31
StringKeyRhythm
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Im not that big of a fan of Cable. With that, this statue is too good to pass up. I'm really liking the gun over the shoulder pose. Another home run by XM!
StringKeyRhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 10:28 AM   #32
Shadowfax
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Sideshow falling asleep at the wheel...again

XM hits another one out of the park and gets my money...again
Shadowfax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 10:39 AM   #33
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Whew. Glad I only collect lovely lady characters.

Or I would be hurtin!

This looks fabulous. And it's different enough from Bowen to make Cable fans very happy.

Did XM get to open some small flood gates with the XM license? I thought Jean might be the last one they could get released, but here comes Cable.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 10:53 AM   #34
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Is it just me or is XM doing all the statues that SSC ain't doing? Could we see a Juggernault on the horizon next?
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 10:56 AM   #35
Demona
Martian Manhunter

For the X-Men I'd say that's totally true.

And look how people have gone bananas. It's not like Sideshow didn't know what fans wanted

I will be perfectly content owning an XM Storm and Sideshow Storm
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 11:00 AM   #36
Remember Me?
Hellfire Club

I hoping for Juggernaut too!!
Remember Me? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 11:01 AM   #37
Mister Ski
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobfrog View Post
Man, been a long time since I read anything with Cable in it. Looks like some sorta post apocalyptic junk, maybe the jet engine / wing of something. \

Yeah I just dont know what it is with SS. Maybe two many pies with their fingers dipped in so they pick things up start them and then move onto something else. This will be a quick sell out piece I'd imagine (dont have to be a betting man to work that one out but thought I'd say it anyway).
I have been wondering about SS and their lack of attention to the Marvel 1/4 scale line and here is what I think. This is just my theory that is based on some statements that have been made and events that have happened.

Sideshow wasn't exactly happy with Marvel awarding XM a license (even though it was not for the US). I remember reading a post by Igo basically saying it was a surprise to them.

Then there was the recent legal snafu between Marvel and Fox over the XMen rights and anything XMen related got put on indefinite hold until the legal issue was resolved. (I am not entirely certain that it has been resolved, but XM is getting Xmen related approvals - Phoenix and Cable - so maybe it is over).

Finally, SS has been primarily focused on thier CotD line, so most other product lines (except DC) seem to have taken a back seat recently. It makes sense from SS's perspective as they don't have to pay licensing rights for the CotD products, which means better profit margins.

I wonder if Sideshow will continue to focus on properties that they own and eventually start shedding other product licenses that are not as profitable for them.

Just my .02
Mister Ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 11:20 AM   #38
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

The first XM piece i am actually like "oh my god i need this".
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 11:21 AM   #39
Remember Me?
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
The first XM piece i am actually like "oh my god i need this".
I am surprised it's not Magneto.
Remember Me? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 11:24 AM   #40
Snadinator
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ski View Post
I have been wondering about SS and their lack of attention to the Marvel 1/4 scale line and here is what I think. This is just my theory that is based on some statements that have been made and events that have happened.

Sideshow wasn't exactly happy with Marvel awarding XM a license (even though it was not for the US). I remember reading a post by Igo basically saying it was a surprise to them.

Then there was the recent legal snafu between Marvel and Fox over the XMen rights and anything XMen related got put on indefinite hold until the legal issue was resolved. (I am not entirely certain that it has been resolved, but XM is getting Xmen related approvals - Phoenix and Cable - so maybe it is over).

Finally, SS has been primarily focused on thier CotD line, so most other product lines (except DC) seem to have taken a back seat recently. It makes sense from SS's perspective as they don't have to pay licensing rights for the CotD products, which means better profit margins.

I wonder if Sideshow will continue to focus on properties that they own and eventually start shedding other product licenses that are not as profitable for them.

Just my .02
Been thinking the same. Marvel even did a video of the GG Black Widow on their youtube channel. They don't do that for SSC merchandise. Also GG seem to be the only onces with 1/4 statur for Guardians of the Galaxy.

Marvel shouldn't award exclusive licenses anyways. Let them all have a shot at 1/4 statues. Thr consumer will get better products from it.
Snadinator is offline   Reply With Quote