Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 10-06-2019, 05:07 PM   #41
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

I don’t believe the theory that all of it was imagined and he was institutionalized the entire time. If that was true, when he imagines he is in the Murray show, that would be a fantasy in a delusion. And it hasn’t been since Sucker Punch where I’ve seen a director pulled that kind of nonsense.

At first I thought that his entire his appearance on the Murray show as Joker was all fantasy and that maybe in actuality all Fleck did was shoot Murray. But then we see news channels all showing the incidence as we the audience saw it. All of Fleck’s fantasy all seemed to be from a first person perspective as with Fleck’s relationship with Zazzie’s character.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 03:44 AM   #42
junta
Fantastic Four

I, for one, don't need this Joker to be in other films for me to appreciate the one he's in.

Bravo, DC and WB for a great movie.
junta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 11:31 AM   #43
Augen
Metal Men

I know it isn't for everyone, but after seeing so many interpretations I found Phoenix to be a distinct take on the character. The scene where he doesn't understand comedy like the rest of the audience was brilliant.

I was worried at a time where it was going at one point. Then it played out in a manner that felt true to the gritty, unhinged, raw aesthetics and tone of the film.

One thing was I heard people were disturbed by violence and it wasn't that violent a film to me. The violence is brief, and shocking because it feel more grounded.

I think the studio took a big chance making a major character in a mid budget film that felt like it came out forty years ago. Based on box office we may get more of these one off sort of "DC Black" type films to cater to R rated crowd.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 11:32 AM   #44
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by junta View Post
I, for one, don't need this Joker to be in other films for me to appreciate the one he's in.

Bravo, DC and WB for a great movie.
Imagining this year's "Shazam" and this "Joker" in the same film would be the most jarring juxtaposition I can imagine.
Old 10-09-2019, 02:36 PM   #45
Gothamite
Phoenix

I thought it worked extremely well as a straight drama. Only thing I didn't like was the music score, which tried to make almost every moment feel like an action scene.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 11:48 PM   #46
Agent23
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
I thought it worked extremely well as a straight drama. Only thing I didn't like was the music score, which tried to make almost every moment feel like an action scene.
Wow. I liked the music a lot. I thought it was creepy and set the tone.
Agent23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 07:08 PM   #47
supermetroid
Teen Titans

Amazing performance from Phoenix, you really felt his pain. Got a few good laughs with the little person scenes and a good chuckle with the "Wayne's a fascist" sign, reminds me of Antifa lol
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 01:43 PM   #48
supermetroid
Teen Titans

So do ya'll think Thomas Wayne is actually the father? I guess the picture with the note from TW leaves it possible but could be written from Arthur's "mother" with her delusions or seen by Arthur's own delusions. I guess Thomas would've had to fake the Arkham hospital records too but it's possible.
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 08:47 AM   #49
Gruson
Suicide Squad

I didn’t think I would like it based on the previews but I loved it!!! I really want this Joker in future DC films.
Great movie that kept you interested from beginning. Best Actor award for sure.
Plus that laugh! 😃
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 09:55 AM   #50
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermetroid View Post
So do ya'll think Thomas Wayne is actually the father? I guess the picture with the note from TW leaves it possible but could be written from Arthur's "mother" with her delusions or seen by Arthur's own delusions. I guess Thomas would've had to fake the Arkham hospital records too but it's possible.
Part of the film is open completely for interpretation. What is real in a story with an unreliable narrator with mental health issues?

So, the answer is possibly yes or no, makes for some fun discussion. My thinking is he is not related to Wayne, but shows how some people such as his adopted mother in the system venerate their "betters" to not come to terms with their lives.