Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 01-22-2017, 10:11 PM   #1661
IzeroI
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlai View Post
My deposit for it was paid way back. They said they'd refund my deposit in the email but I'd prefer to get the statue. I have a feeling what's going on.
Let me guess. Can't fulfill it because they want to resell the statue for a higher price than what was originally told?
IzeroI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 10:11 PM   #1662
immortalblade
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlai View Post
My deposit for it was paid way back. They said they'd refund my deposit in the email but I'd prefer to get the statue. I have a feeling what's going on.
Sorry to hear that. If you put down a deposit, then you should be able to get the statue because you've locked in the order with a confirmation. What's the excuse that they're giving you about not fulfilling their end of the bargain?
Ghost Rider is so kicka$$ that I wouldn't be surprised if many middlemen all of a sudden can't fulfill their promise. If there's a quick buck to be made, don't underestimate people's greed. it's a shame that you put the money down and now you don't have a statue, and it's not like you can just get one for retail now.
immortalblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 10:19 PM   #1663
immortalblade
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IzeroI View Post
Let me guess. Can't fulfill it because they want to resell the statue for a higher price than what was originally told?
Ding ding ding. I don't want to call people liars, but some of those middlemen are shady as hell. They all of a sudden can't deliver a hot statue that you've locked in with a deposit that they can sell for twice the money? I bet the middlemen can find you one if you tell them you're desperate to pay more money for it.
immortalblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 10:47 PM   #1664
wanderlai
The Tick

Quote:
Originally Posted by IzeroI View Post
The get the po someone had to go stand in line and get the po in person at an XM event. in their email to me they were blaming a supplier being cut which does not add up. There was no allocation to cut and no retailers had GR as it was event exclusive. IMO either the person that actually got the po decided to keep it and cash in or they are. Here is part of the email I got today:

" We regret to inform you that we will not be able to fulfill your pre-order of the following product: XM Ghost Rider

A full refund of the deposit will be accorded back to you via Paypal.

Due to an unfortunately incident, our pre-order quantity have been reduced. After much consideration from the team, we have concluded that we are unable to allocate the product to you. We hope to be able to handle this situation as professional as possible. We do understand the frustration and disappointment you might be going through and we will be try our best to explain the situation to you and assisting you in anyway possible.

To cater to our large pool of SkyRunner members, we have to pre-order through multiple retailers & different channels in order to meet the demands. In this particular situation, one of our supplier had shut down causing some of our pre-orders to be written off. Despite multiple attempts to contact them, it was to no avail. Products affected by this are XM Ghost Rider & XM Batman. This has caused our receiving quantity to be drastically reduced. "
wanderlai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 10:53 PM   #1665
IzeroI
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Yup, sounds like the person who PO'd wanted a bigger pay day after they saw how much GR started to go for.
IzeroI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 12:24 AM   #1666
SideShowJoe
Inhumans

Wanderlai I feel for you man and if there was anything I could do for you I would! That shiit just isn't right! We have one coming but that worries me about some of us for future Xm products and those wanting a cut of the money some of these are going for! Sad times really but I'll keep an eye out and ask my friend if he knows of something out there, I'll keep eye out keep your head up !

Peace
Sarah
SideShowJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 01:09 AM   #1667
dino76m
Kindly Asked To Leave

Skyrunner is one of the groups that have popped up on Facebook with the aim of.helping international collector's secure xm pieces..Isn't it?
dino76m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 01:29 AM   #1668
built2shred
Phoenix

What happen to Wanderlai is going to be rather standard for popular XM statues going forward... I was lucky that I got both Batman and Ghostrider from my main contact even though he had to cancel my Venom order due to them not getting as many as they thought they would from XM Studios...

At least in Wanderlai case he got a refund, Mark screwed me out of 3 pre-order deposits on Thor, Phoenix & Wolverine.... Never got the statues never got a refund, hell I didn't even get a response back from all the emails I sent him. Can't believe almost 3 years have past since then...

It's the risk you take when you buy outside a licensed area.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 02:11 AM   #1669
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
What happen to Wanderlai is going to be rather standard for popular XM statues going forward... I was lucky that I got both Batman and Ghostrider from my main contact even though he had to cancel my Venom order due to them not getting as many as they thought they would from XM Studios...

At least in Wanderlai case he got a refund, Mark screwed me out of 3 pre-order deposits on Thor, Phoenix & Wolverine.... Never got the statues never got a refund, hell I didn't even get a response back from all the emails I sent him. Can't believe almost 3 years have past since then...

It's the risk you take when you buy outside a licensed area.
wha?!?
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 05:51 AM   #1670
SkyPunch.co
Doh!

Omg awesome photos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyBear View Post
Pictures from Aaron Petts

XM Studios Facebook --- XM Studios Europe Facebook

Omg awesome photos!
SkyPunch.co is offline   Reply With Quote