Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 01-26-2016, 04:25 PM   #561
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
No XM piece is safe now that Prime1 is a legitimate competitor.
Prime 1 will have no effect on XM (two different styles and AD). Not with their boring museum poses. However, let me know when Prime 1 does a Ghost Rider.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 04:29 PM   #562
qz33
Doctor Doom

That all depends on how much the market outside XM's license ultimately contributes to their sales.

This can definitely have an effect on XM even if not on yours and Grumpy's preference, no matter how good of a product XM makes.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 04:41 PM   #563
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
That all depends on how much the market outside XM's license ultimately contributes to their sales.

This can definitely have an effect on XM even if not on yours and Grumpy's preference, no matter how good of a product XM makes.
I'd agree if they had ES's of 2000. Also, depends on what characters Prime 1 does, cost (that will affect Prime 1 in territories outside the US since SS is a distributor).

Goes both ways qz. I won't lie...I'm intrigued to see what they do...and more importantly WHO they do. Their quality is exceptional...so I don't want to sound like a spoil sport.

Also, I like competition...it will give XM something more to strive for.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 05:20 PM   #564
lucifixion
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
I'd agree if they had ES's of 2000. Also, depends on what characters Prime 1 does, cost (that will affect Prime 1 in territories outside the US since SS is a distributor).

Goes both ways qz. I won't lie...I'm intrigued to see what they do...and more importantly WHO they do. Their quality is exceptional...so I don't want to sound like a spoil sport.

Also, I like competition...it will give XM something more to strive for.
They would have to do some off-the-wall characters to get my attention away from XM. Although, XM seems like they want to dig deep too.
lucifixion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 08:34 PM   #565
Comicbookguy
Hercules

I love XM so much because of all the switch outs, that is usable and the extra step they do like doc strange's base and BB's / medusa's dog chrome parts. Exciting action poses, unmatched details on many, great bases etc. sure they have some work they need to do on female portraits but I love thier products and ES to not kill the products they put out and flood the market making them worthless like some other statues. Keeps the collectors interested and buying more on both sides for ES and non ES buyers.
Prime 1 will make the game more interesting if they are global meaning to compete with XM in Singapore and making all companies step up the game even more for survival of the fittest to see who can get most customers. This can bring back lower ES, more extras, better prices, etc.
But on topic GR as of now is my most wanted 1/4 statue so far. I mean I've never seen or own a statue on a full size 1/4 bike before? Does it get any better than that? Thank you XM! Please continue to push the envelope to wow us more and more.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 09:44 PM   #566
jfyahui
Death is hereditary.

Comicbookguyguy,I really enjoy your posts,and was looking forward to pictures of statues you have,( sideshow or xm)please post some so we can enjoy!
jfyahui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 09:44 PM   #567
immortalblade

Quote:
Originally Posted by yipkusing View Post
I fear this will dethrone Mag
This Ghost Rider is big and badass, but it will not dethrone Magneto because the Mag concept is superior. I don't mean to belittle the GR piece, but he's just on a motorcycle; the concept isn't on Magneto level, although the execution looks superb.
immortalblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 09:46 PM   #568
jfyahui
Death is hereditary.

agree,two very different company's and style,...p-1 is great but xm is something else,and wait till ghostrider gets realesed ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
Prime 1 will have no effect on XM (two different styles and AD). Not with their boring museum poses. However, let me know when Prime 1 does a Ghost Rider.
jfyahui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 09:46 PM   #569
immortalblade

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalzodlives View Post
Now that Prime is doing DC and Marvel 1/4 comic statues, XM pieces may get pushed to the back of US collectors' minds.
If that happens, then it's less competition for XM pieces. Works for me.
immortalblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 10:08 PM   #570
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfyahui View Post
Comicbookguyguy,I really enjoy your posts,and was looking forward to pictures of statues you have,( sideshow or xm)please post some so we can enjoy!
Thanks, it's a great hobby and anything can change around for the best or worst. So much space and money as well to obtain these things. As for pics? I posted them before and let's just say it caused some problems. Might be best to leave that alone for now. Don't want to cause problems for a few pages for the mods. I know they need a break from time to time to rest a little bit and enjoy some time to do other things without having to worry that all hell broke lose when they are gone for a few hours.
They will be more happy if we stay on topic for now.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote