Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Home Economics > Cooking Class

Old 06-13-2019, 02:01 PM   #11
statman
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Brisket looks good, other pics not showing.

Hmmm... They all seem to be working on my end. Not sure what the issue is.
statman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 11:27 PM   #12
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman View Post
Hmmm... They all seem to be working on my end. Not sure what the issue is.
Looks like a google user link. Did you source them from your google drive? May need to set some permissions. If permissions aren't right they'll still show for you but not anyone else.

You can try logging out of google and see if the pics still show in your browser.

Could be on my end if others can see them but your other pics of the brisket look like Facebook-empire sourced links and those do show for me.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 08:53 AM   #13
statman
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Looks like a google user link. Did you source them from your google drive? May need to set some permissions. If permissions aren't right they'll still show for you but not anyone else.

You can try logging out of google and see if the pics still show in your browser.

Could be on my end if others can see them but your other pics of the brisket look like Facebook-empire sourced links and those do show for me.

Yeah, that was probably the issue. I went and got them from my FB posting, so they should be showing now. Thanks!!
Old 06-15-2019, 11:31 PM   #14
qz33
Rescue

Man Sausage just sets off so many other meats so well especially Chicken and Shrimp.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 12:57 AM   #15
statman
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Man Sausage just sets off so many other meats so well especially Chicken and Shrimp.

For sure! I almost always throw a link or two of some kind of sausage whenever I'm smoking or grilling.

I'm thinking of making a meatloaf to put in the smoker tomorrow, and will probably include some sausage.
Old 06-16-2019, 08:12 PM   #16
statman
Baron Zemo

Smoked Meatloaf!

OK so I wanted to do something a little different for Father's day, so I decided to do a meatloaf on the smoker.

Did a light sautee on some poblano peppers, red onions and portabella mushrooms. Just enough to soften them up. Next was a mixture of 2lbs 90/10 ground beef and 1b of spicy Italian sausage. blended in the pepper/onion/mushroom mix. Added in a little BBQ sauce, an egg and some seasoned bread crumbs to firm it up. Made a loaf and topped it with bacon strips.

Cooked it on the smoker at 250 to 270 for roughly 2.5 hours until the internal temp was around 165 degrees. I coated the top of the loaf with BBQ sauce when it was around 150 degrees and let it carmelize until the loaf reached 165.

Let it rest for a few minutes whilst making the sides and sliced it up.

Paired all this with some Lager from Allstadt Brewery in Fredericksburg, TX.

Let me tell you, this was fantastic!!
Old 07-26-2019, 09:52 AM   #17
Djeyyzeee
Doh!

I have a gas American Range ARTG-48 griddle that is vendored by https://mcdonaldpaper.com/griddles-grills marketplace. I really liked the quality as it resembles a tool that is really durable and is super easy to maintain. I like to use it at my summer house for making BBQ as I’m not a fan of charcoal really (I’m a 9 years experience smoker).
Djeyyzeee is offline   Reply With Quote