Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 12-10-2019, 01:34 PM   #961
gagaliya
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

It doesn’t cost sideshow any money selling those side junks. They are just leveraging their website traffic and taking a percent off top for each sales. The vendors take all inventory risk on those junk products. So it’s just free money for sideshow - their only loss is reputation as a high end collectible company after start diluting their products, but it’s not that good a reputation to start with. We not talking about the likes of Cartier or Hermès start selling Coach or Nike here....

The only inventory risk sideshow has are their own products, old PCS stuff which they paid literally pennies on the dollar, hot toys which is always has stable demand, and prime1 which they discontinued.

They are in a bend with their own products as there are warehouse full of them they need to dump, but can’t lower the price too much since that will upset the buyers who already purchased - classic inventory problem. That’s why you are seeing their ES become a lot more conservative lately to try not have any left over inventory on the new pieces.
gagaliya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 04:13 PM   #962
Tarksis
Justice League

Test before I upload more images. I have white LED strips on the sides and above with warm LED under cabinet puck lights I used to spotlight a little. Used my phone for the pictures...hope they turn out ok on the forum.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Hulk_1.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	470.4 KB
ID:	127474  
Tarksis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 04:24 PM   #963
Vader
Ghost

looks awesome.
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 04:26 PM   #964
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
The bottom line, as has been said many times here, is something is only "overpriced" if enough people aren't willing to pay for it to the extent that you're not making money on it. Period. People here and there can not like the price of something and that's all well and fine, but if the data shows that enough people are buying it to make the expected profit on production, then it's not overpriced.

Anyway.......when you say "Hulk is not overpriced when compared to everything else," I could easily point to P1 1:3 scale statues and wonder why Hulk costs what it does. These 3 statues are all right around $200 less than Hulk. And look at how big/elaborate these are, and how many switch outs you get.

https://www.prime1studio.com/dcdk3-b...cdk3-01dx.html
https://www.prime1studio.com/dcbm-kn...mmdc-34ex.html
https://www.prime1studio.com/dcbm-ba...mdc-39dxs.html
I agree that this Hulk is overpriced and it was easy for me to pass on. My real concern on this trend is how it will push the real premium pieces such as from Prime 1 to continue to raise their prices too.
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 04:41 PM   #965
Tarksis
Justice League

Here are some more. Not great quality and he looks a lot better in person but I tried!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Hulk_2.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	540.2 KB
ID:	127475   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hulk_4.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	956.9 KB
ID:	127476   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hulk_5.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	487.5 KB
ID:	127477   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hulk_7.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	439.5 KB
ID:	127478   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hulk_10.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	424.1 KB
ID:	127479  

Old 12-10-2019, 04:41 PM   #966
Biggunz
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarksis View Post
Test before I upload more images. I have white LED strips on the sides and above with warm LED under cabinet puck lights I used to spotlight a little. Used my phone for the pictures...hope they turn out ok on the forum.
Looks tight. You got the lighting right for that portrait
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 05:11 PM   #967
Vader
Ghost

does he look worth the price? more than double wolverine?
Old 12-10-2019, 05:23 PM   #968
Vader
Ghost

thanks for posting pics
Old 12-10-2019, 05:24 PM   #969
Vader
Ghost

do you like the helmeted head or the exclusive?
Old 12-10-2019, 06:02 PM   #970
Tarksis
Justice League

Thanks Biggunz, thanks Vader.

I prefer the helmeted portrait now, lol. And I once said this was Ex or fail! All friends and family that have see him in person prefer the helmeted head.

The answer to the question, "Is he worth it" is so subjective. He was worth it to me for sure and I explained that he exceeded my expectations. My wife was not keen on the price at all and may be a better testimonial. After seeing him in person, she said she can definitely understand why he was so expensive, and that he was better and more detailed than she expected.

He is worth more than two Wolverine PFs, no contest...and Wolverine is my favorite character!

The skin textures, down to the horizontal stretch marks on the inner-quads that you see in many bodybuilders. The veins and pores and well executed wrinkles in the right places. The portraits are beautiful with perfect eyes and teeth. The armor is realistic looking with attention to details like the burlap under padding like a makeshift gambeson. The weathering, rust and damage is done very well. He looks like he could get up and walk away. He appears so life-like and real, not cartoonish or overly comic like. Almost like he was a character in a John Milius/Frazetta Conan film.

These are my opinions and I cannot speak to what you choose to spend $1400 on. I would find it hard to believe that you could be underwhelmed when you open the boxes and assemble this beast.