Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 09-26-2019, 04:51 PM   #1911
parino
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
It does happen. After I measured the Joelle Jones Black Canary, I found out that her "official" height is 5'7". The statue is actually scaled properly. https://dccomicsstatues.blogspot.com...rls-black.html

For more info on statue scales, see here: http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=166084
Awesome website! You should do reviews of the whole DS Line!!!
parino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 09:35 AM   #1912
Dark Knight.
Birdman

Thanks for the info everybody. I like to mix and match where appropriate since one company will not give you every character you want, but sometimes the size differences bother me a little. I noticed that DS 1/6 is slightly smaller than Koto 1/6 which is way smaller than TH 1/6. The TH line is definitely 1/5.5 scale.
Dark Knight. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 10:40 AM   #1913
parino
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight. View Post
Thanks for the info everybody. I like to mix and match where appropriate since one company will not give you every character you want, but sometimes the size differences bother me a little. I noticed that DS 1/6 is slightly smaller than Koto 1/6 which is way smaller than TH 1/6. The TH line is definitely 1/5.5 scale.
If you go back a couple pages you’ll see pictures of the DS Jim Lee Nightwing next to the Koto Jim Lee Batman. The DS Statue is actually a little Bigger than the Koto statue
Old 09-28-2019, 11:08 AM   #1914
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by parino View Post
If you go back a couple pages you’ll see pictures of the DS Jim Lee Nightwing next to the Koto Jim Lee Batman. The DS Statue is actually a little Bigger than the Koto statue
Koto = undersized and overpriced
TH = broken parts, odd engineering choices such as visible seams, atrocious customer service
DC Designer Series = best value for 1/6-scale from any company and best value from DC Collectibles of any of their scales
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 11:40 AM   #1915
parino
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Koto = undersized and overpriced
TH = broken parts, odd engineering choices such as visible seams, atrocious customer service
DC Designer Series = best value for 1/6-scale from any company and best value from DC Collectibles of any of their scales
I’ve never seen the Tweeterhead statues in real life, but in pictures they always have a weird dead-eye look to me. Like an uncanny valley thing. That’s why I think the Designer Series is so smart to try and recreate directly from the page. Though Sideshow and XM do a pretty fantastic job, so... (if I had all the money in the world, until then just be admiring those from afar.)

Also, After being taught my lesson here with the Cho WW and judging by pictures, maybe the TH statues are awesome!
Old 09-28-2019, 11:52 AM   #1916
senseimaki
The Herculoids

To be fair, the TH statues themselves are awesome. QC and customer service issues aside, I would recommend them. I would just recommend you buy from a third party unless the EX version appeals to you.

Here’s my collection this far (Catwoman is not from the Super Powers line and Supes is not included because it suffered from poor QC)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4C91BB2C-952A-45B7-A03D-98D8839C6AFC.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	186.4 KB
ID:	126058  
senseimaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 12:50 PM   #1917
ruzzell
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quote:
There are definitely differences among the companies. These are all supposedly 1/6 scale:

I love them all regardless 😁❤️
ruzzell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 01:21 PM   #1918
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by senseimaki View Post
To be fair, the TH statues themselves are awesome. QC and customer service issues aside, I would recommend them. I would just recommend you buy from a third party unless the EX version appeals to you.

Here’s my collection this far (Catwoman is not from the Super Powers line and Supes is not included because it suffered from poor QC)
Harley Quinn = broken tassels/scarves
Joker = broken jaws
Bud & Lou = broken jaws
Superman = cape that cracks the back
Wonder Woman = visible neck seam
Batman = the head/cape piece doesn't sit flush

I would not start collecting TH statues based on this track record.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 01:24 PM   #1919
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by senseimaki View Post

Oh, man, I’ve got that Pfeiffer Catwoman listed for sale on my website, but your pic is making me want to unbox it and add it to my Tweeterhead display.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 01:32 PM   #1920
senseimaki
The Herculoids

Quote:
Harley Quinn = broken tassels/scarves
Joker = broken jaws
Bud & Lou = broken jaws
Superman = cape that cracks the back
Wonder Woman = visible neck seam
Batman = the head/cape piece doesn't sit flush

I would not start collecting TH statues based on this track record.
Gothamite, I did say QC issues aside (i.e. barring or notwithstanding QC issues)

The DC Designer and Bombshell statues have awful QC issues and yet I still love collecting them. Your examples re: Harley, Joker, Bud & Lou and Batman are not true of the statue itself. Mine for example do not have these issues. My Joker had a chipped hair and I have been waiting for a replacement for 10 months now.

Being happy with the company vs. being happy with the statues are different things. Provided you get a good copy, the TH statues are awesome except for Superman (which will get replaced) and Wonder Woman (which I personally don't mind).

I would not recommend purchasing directly from TH based on my experience. There are other awesome third party retailers out there.
senseimaki is offline   Reply With Quote