Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 11-26-2019, 09:26 PM   #1
built2shred
Phoenix

Suicide Squad (James Gunn)

It looks like the new Suicide Squad movie will be R rated. IMO this is the right move as the Suicide Squad should have never been family-friendly, to begin with. Now will get a more dark and gritty version which the first film should have been...

Also looks like Birds of Prey will also be R rated but from what I read it won't be as grim as Joker was, so I imagine the R rating will probably be for language...

https://collider.com/birds-of-prey-s...uad-2-rated-r/
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 12:28 AM   #2
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

I can see this being R-rated. It's a bunch of villains on a suicide mission. Birds of Prey should not be, hell from what I've seen Birds of Prey probably shouldn't have been greenlit with what they've done.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 12:50 AM   #3
Mister H
Gen 13

DC movies seem like a bad NBA team with lots of talent and a terrible coach. Every now and then they do something amazing and get some fast break dunks (WW, Joker) and then they dribble of their foot and turn the ball over (Birds of Prey...and a lot more movies). Maybe Gunn will help.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 10:12 AM   #4
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

Birds of Prey being R seems like they are just trying to ride on Joker's coat tails. The trailers don't look R, they just look terrible.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 11:34 AM   #5
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
I can see this being R-rated. It's a bunch of villains on a suicide mission. Birds of Prey should not be, hell from what I've seen Birds of Prey probably shouldn't have been greenlit with what they've done.
I agree I think Birds of Prey initially was PG-13 and was switched to an R rating due to the success of Joker... They probably added the F word several times in order to get the rating...

As for Suicide Squad, I can totally see Gunn going for an R rating from the beginning, will probably get lots of dark humor and a few scenes of Croc eating people
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 11:54 AM   #6
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 12:27 PM   #7
Josh-a-tron
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I agree I think Birds of Prey initially was PG-13 and was switched to an R rating due to the success of Joker... They probably added the F word several times in order to get the rating...

As for Suicide Squad, I can totally see Gunn going for an R rating from the beginning, will probably get lots of dark humor and a few scenes of Croc eating people
I think he traded out Croc for King Shark...same thing though lol
Old 11-27-2019, 01:07 PM   #8
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
DC movies seem like a bad NBA team with lots of talent and a terrible coach. Every now and then they do something amazing and get some fast break dunks (WW, Joker) and then they dribble of their foot and turn the ball over (Birds of Prey...and a lot more movies). Maybe Gunn will help.
DC feels more director driven which has + and -. I'm really excited for Wonder Woman 1984...and really worried about Birds of Prey.

In terms of Suicide Squad, the first one was one of the biggest let downs and yet it made a ton of money. I hope Gunn and the rating serve the story and characters. Maybe Harley (Robbie is great) will finally look the part as feel like they haven't given her an outfit that fits her yet.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 03:26 PM   #9
Josh-a-tron
Sculptor

No trailer during Fandome, wow is that disappointing.
Old 08-22-2020, 04:16 PM   #10
Shoo
Hercules

Nice look.

Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote